Blue Bombers Forum
July 01, 2022, 09:21:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zach is back  (Read 3906 times)
bluengold204

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 12:51:00 AM »

Alexander, Lofler, Bryant Couture Castillo are all needed.

Yup lots of work to do still.  Great to have Zach back tho !
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 01:40:35 AM »

All these cups are getting boring already Wink
Ddddddynasty

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
bludan

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 01:55:35 AM »

$550 for ZC.  Highest paid player in the league, but I think it still gives us some room. I get the feeling Harris will be off the books, or greatly reduced.  Possible to sign nearly everyone at this rate.
John T.

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 02:11:44 AM »

Zach Collaros' record since joining the Bombers is 17-2. He also has two Grey Cup rings. I'm not sure this 1:1 ratio of losses to Grey Cups is sustainable in the long run, but for now...I'll take it!
Tiger

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 02:22:31 AM »

Sleeping easier tonight

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 02:51:26 AM »

Zach Collaros' record since joining the Bombers is 17-2. He also has two Grey Cup rings. I'm not sure this 1:1 ratio of losses to Grey Cups is sustainable in the long run, but for now...I'll take it!
of course it isn?t long run wise. But it certainly is next year!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 03:02:16 AM »

I posted yesterday we better not cheap out on this and glad to see we paid him what he?s worth. The key cog in our offensive wheel.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 03:04:47 AM »

Now we need Bryant signed and pretty sure he's sitting in the drivers seat....you know, as The Most Outstanding Lineman in the CFL!!   I'm sure Zach might have casually mentioned the "importance" of signing him....you know, like what a well paid hired gun should be paid to protect the boss, Zach8!!    He actually wouldn't have to say it.....but everyone's thinking it.   Protecting your most valuable player and leader can be costly but you just have to.    We still have others to sign who are  outstanding, perhaps Most Outstanding Ie:  Alexander, for starters.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:08:44 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 03:22:35 AM »

I posted yesterday we better not cheap out on this and glad to see we paid him what he?s worth. The key cog in our offensive wheel.
I think he could have pushed 600K especially in Free Agency with teams desperately wanting his skill set and leadership.    What this says, is that Zach wants to stay with his teammates and coaches who he helped win back to back Cups and do virtually nothing but win since coming to Winnipeg! 
He is such an honourable man and Winnipeg has him and his heart! 

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 03:52:54 AM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have rewarded quarterback Zach Collaros by making him the highest-paid player in the CFL for the 2022 season.

Collaros will earn $550,000 ? all hard money ? on the one-year contract extension he signed for his QB services during the upcoming campaign. That?s over a $125,000 raise from what the 33-year-old took home in 2021.

If Michael Reilly does continue playing, his currently scheduled salary of $575,000 will be restructured lower than what Collaros is slated to collect. It?s likely the only other quarterback who could earn over $500,000 is Cody Fajardo of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, he has an agreement worth $509,000 in hard money for 2022.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/20/bombers-make-quarterback-zach-collaros-the-cfls-highest-paid-player/

Still good value for us. Didn't realize Cody Fajardo was so expensive.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 03:58:23 AM »

$550 is actually a pretty good deal for a guy producing way more than MR, BLM, and other (in the past) crazy-paid QBs.  Even if we only want to give our QB $450 or $500, he deserves a "bonus" for winning us 2 GCs with sub-par salaries...

3-peat: OK, how many times has it been done before?  Esks?

I have a question: at what point does it become a detriment to the CFL having the same team win year after year?  If we are in the GC again, do the ratings go down the tubes?  Although you gotta think fans would tune in for yet another HAM/WPG grudge match?

I know I was always slightly bored when it was CGY in the GC every year...  It's like Lewis Hamilton winning every race (or Schumacher), only so much you can take of that.  Or the Patriots (who I now get to laugh at every year!).

Of course, as  WPG uber-fan, I want us to win every GC for the next 10 years!  But not sure that helps the CFL in a tricky time.  Luckily for the CFL 3-peats are a near-impossible feat.

Enjoy it while we can, folks!

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 04:09:03 AM »

It's a great signing, but we also need a backup. 18 games is a long year, another 2 or 3 games to win the cup. We need to fine a backup and the guys we had last year just aren't good enough to win games even with the D we had. Love to see Strev. in Blue and Gold again.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 04:16:49 AM »

Ya Cody negotiated a way-overpaid deal after his '19 performance.  He's lucky he's still getting that.  I wonder when SSK will realize he's not a GC QB... They're going to need a super-stellar cast around him to ever help him win the big one (or even get there).  Maybe SSK will go $500k over the cap on purpose this year...

Never go full Rider!
Jesse

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 04:22:15 AM »

Definitely not a value. He is the highest paid player in the league by a good margin. It is the absolute upper limit of what you can spend on your QB.

We needed him here and he made us pay him for it. Good for him, but we don?t need to re-write the narrative to make it some kind of deal for us.

My wife is amazing!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 05:19:42 AM »

Definitely not a value. He is the highest paid player in the league by a good margin. It is the absolute upper limit of what you can spend on your QB.

We needed him here and he made us pay him for it. Good for him, but we don?t need to re-write the narrative to make it some kind of deal for us.
Not sure I agree with you on "Definitely not a value"Huh    We have the MOP at QB and he wants to play for MOS and the Bombers!   That's a deal and he's making exactly what he deserves for winning back to back cups!!    He also realizes we have the best O-line in the league and for him it's a career smart decision to choose Winnipeg over any other franchise at this stage in his career.    That's a pretty big deal for the Bombers and a good deal for the fans!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: