Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2022, 09:40:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggie's back!  (Read 2266 times)
theaardvark

« on: January 20, 2022, 01:44:45 PM »

Darren Cameron@Darren_Cameron
?

#Bombers have extended the contract of the CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player Adam Bighill through 2022. A three-time Grey Cup champion and three-time winner of the DOPY award is back for his fourth season in Blue and Gold.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Ridermania

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 01:48:32 PM »

Good signing, how much was the contract worth?

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/20/bombers-ink-adam-bighill-one-year-extension/
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 02:09:54 PM »

Awesome!!!

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
3rdand1.5

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 02:45:34 PM »

Very glad he is back, we are retaining much of our top end D talent. Over all roster I want Bryant to be the next name we extend.
Jesse

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 02:48:04 PM »

Bryant and Colloros the must must keep guys

Couture and Alexander the must keep guys

Then I'll be pretty content.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 03:02:09 PM »

Bryant and Colloros the must must keep guys

Couture and Alexander the must keep guys

Then I'll be pretty content.

This is the way.

Here's hoping Walters can make it all work.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 03:48:34 PM »

The foundation stone of our defence. Great to have him returning. Dominant player and team leader.

Good work Walters.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 06:26:24 PM »

Blue Bombers extend contract of CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player Adam Bighill

WINNIPEG, MB., January 20, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed all-star linebacker Adam Bighill to a 1-year contract extension. He had been scheduled to become a free agent next month.

Bighill (5-10, 219; Central Washington University; born: October 16, 1988, in Montesano, WA) returns in 2022 for a fourth season with the Blue Bombers and his 10th in the Canadian Football League.

One of the most decorated defenders in league history, Bighill?s 2021 season was one of his finest as he led the CFL's stingiest defence with 70 tackles and added two quarterback sacks, two interceptions and two fumble recoveries - one for a touchdown. He was busy in the playoffs, too, registering eight tackles in the Western Final and another five in the 108th Grey Cup.

Those numbers not only earned him his a spot on the CFL All-Star Team for a sixth time, but also saw him named the league's Most Outstanding Defensive Player for the third time in his career after winning in his first season with the Blue Bombers in 2018 and in 2015 as a member of the B.C. Lions.

Now a three-time Grey Cup champion - 2019 and 2021 with the Blue Bombers and 2011 with the Lions - Bighill has played in 146 games in his CFL career and ranks eighth in league history all-time in total tackles.

In his three seasons as a member of the Blue Bombers, he has appeared in 47 regular season games and has racked up 236 tackles, 10 sacks, six interceptions, six fumble recoveries and scored two touchdowns.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »

So weird, I was walking out of the YMCA today and someone told me BigHill retired!?!?

Then get into my car and hear Walters saying Adam extended one year. What gives!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GCn19

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 07:10:22 PM »

So weird, I was walking out of the YMCA today and someone told me BigHill retired!?!?

Then get into my car and hear Walters saying Adam extended one year. What gives!

Whoever told you Biggie retired was obviously full of beans. Maybe he meant Adams?

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 07:29:11 PM »

Another 1 year deal, kind of sucks. We will have to go thought this all over again next year. But it's nice having him back.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 08:55:16 PM »

He probably said he resigned, when he meant to say he re-signed.

Wink

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 09:24:24 PM »

Great news....yet I'm curious as to why the Bombers haven't signed the MOP and MVP in the last Grey Cup?   He should be the highest paid QB in the CFL based on his 17-2 record.    He really only lost that one game to Toronto and was pulled early in a meaningless loss near the end of the season.

He has undoubtedly earned this and other teams would be chomping at the bit to offer him up to 600K or possibly higher.....hopefully I worry for nought and he is in the process of negotiating his new contract with the Bombers as we speak.    I'm usually patient but hurry already dammit!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 09:29:36 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 10:03:15 PM »

Glad Bighill is back. Money was probably not an issue. Just probably was contemplating retirement instead?

Collaros should be back.. if not, we will have a riot at the stadium in our hands.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 10:10:46 PM »

Great signing, funny how some dumped on him early season and all he did was dominate

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 10:17:28 PM »

Whoever told you Biggie retired was obviously full of beans. Maybe he meant Adams?
actually the guy might not be all there and I guess this is proven. Half the locker room was like WHAT!?!? Not just me.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 10:18:29 PM »

He probably said he resigned, when he meant to say he re-signed.

Wink
nope he said retired actually. Going out on a high he said. Sheesh!

bludan

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 11:40:07 PM »

Sounds like Bighill signed for $160 plus incentives.  Heck of a bargain if you ask me!
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 11:42:25 PM »

Sounds like Bighill signed for $160 plus incentives.  Heck of a bargain if you ask me!

Excellent deal if accurate.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 12:05:15 AM »

Great signing, funny how some dumped on him early season and all he did was dominate
Lol
Jesse

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 01:07:18 AM »

Insane number.

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 03:11:10 AM »

when everyone is celebrating the big signing, why bring up something stupid someone said months ago and likely regrets saying it. Why? Why she?d a negative light on a positive moment?? Don?t pick old scans, just let them heal.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 03:17:11 AM »

Great dealAll you can do is personally attack someone x2 for no reason while being wrong at the same time.  I stated facts, you got cross not sure why.  Again the thread is about Biggie not me, best to stay on topic. 
Great contribution to the thread, was this sarcastic too? lol
sometimes you over-react to modest critique or when someone disagrees with you.....sometimes better to say eff it and let it go.....just sayin'
And yes, I can even agree with you....not always but sometimes....dare I say, a lot of the time and not take it personally when we don't, both of us?! 

TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 03:49:05 AM »

nope he said retired actually. Going out on a high he said. Sheesh!

Maybe he meant Biggie got new radials for the SUV?  Wink

Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  There were some early season complaning about his tackling.  No reason to go on the attack, this thread is about Biggie not me.

From my memory, there was no complaining about Biggie in 2021.  There may have been some talk pre-season / early season about how Biggie had tackling problems in 2019 and we hoped he got better and was showing improvement.  I was one of the "Biggie has no upper body strength" group in 2019.  And I was worried about it in the (1.5 year) off-season, and I'm sure I talked about it going into the '21 season, but always in the past tense.

In 2021 Biggie was looking like 2017 Biggie again.  He had none of that lingering arm strength / tackling issues.  Biggie was pretty amazing from day 1 of the season.  That's why he won MODP; super consistent top-line performance.  Some of his plays in the mid-season games were simply amazing.  Lot of fun to watch.  It might have been one of Biggie's best seasons; topped with another ring!

So I think that's what pj is remembering.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 04:13:44 AM »

You gotta hand it to Biggie: a guy his age with some lingering injuries a couple of years back trains his butt off over the covid year, can stretch better than anyone in the league, and eats in film like a QB; goes out and looks like a 24 year old rising superstar out there in 2021.

If I had to pick 1 Bomber player to point my kids to as a role model in all aspects of life, it's Biggie.  What a great icon for the CFL.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 12:58:55 PM »

when everyone is celebrating the big signing, why bring up something stupid someone said months ago and likely regrets saying it. Why? Why she?d a negative light on a positive moment?? Don?t pick old scans, just let them heal.
Fair comment
sometimes you over-react to modest critique or when someone disagrees with you.....sometimes better to say eff it and let it go.....just sayin'
And yes, I can even agree with you....not always but sometimes....dare I say, a lot of the time and not take it personally when we don't, both of us?! 
Good advice, I over react to personal jab, PTSD from the seasons prior to our cup run where I was flogged lol
Maybe he meant Biggie got new radials for the SUV?  Wink

From my memory, there was no complaining about Biggie in 2021.  There may have been some talk pre-season / early season about how Biggie had tackling problems in 2019 and we hoped he got better and was showing improvement.  I was one of the "Biggie has no upper body strength" group in 2019.  And I was worried about it in the (1.5 year) off-season, and I'm sure I talked about it going into the '21 season, but always in the past tense.

In 2021 Biggie was looking like 2017 Biggie again.  He had none of that lingering arm strength / tackling issues.  Biggie was pretty amazing from day 1 of the season.  That's why he won MODP; super consistent top-line performance.  Some of his plays in the mid-season games were simply amazing.  Lot of fun to watch.  It might have been one of Biggie's best seasons; topped with another ring!

So I think that's what pj is remembering.

You have a good summary here but there was early season criticism of his play

Biggie won't retire but he might retread lol

Now back to our regular scheduled program
post what you love / support for Biggie biggie biggie can't you see now we have #1d+, sorry mods for the derail
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:50:59 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 03:04:32 PM »

Nope, never happened. No criticism of AB4 in 2021. There was some fans questioning his play in 2019, after he came back from injury, but never in 2021. AB4 was a rock solid from day 1.

theaardvark

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 03:10:33 PM »

Biggie at $160k, ZC8 at $550k... I guess it averages out... now with our "big ticket" players signed, we know what the budget is for the rest.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 03:31:20 PM »

Biggie at $160k, ZC8 at $550k... I guess it averages out... now with our "big ticket" players signed, we know what the budget is for the rest.

Bryant is still a very big budget....The best tackle far and away in the league
Couture is pretty big budget guy
Lawler is a pretty big budget guy

And a few other top level guys like NI RB's
BA and our other DB's
Woli

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »

Bryant is still a very big budget....The best tackle far and away in the league
Couture is pretty big budget guy
Lawler is a pretty big budget guy

And a few other top level guys like NI RB's
BA and our other DB's
Woli

True...and lets not forget the best safety in the league....Alexander is a beast back there creating fear and havoc!

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2022, 10:09:37 PM »

Nope, never happened. No criticism of AB4 in 2021. There was some fans questioning his play in 2019, after he came back from injury, but never in 2021. AB4 was a rock solid from day 1.

Nope it did.  See below.  My memory is bad but I was right.  If I could find this quicky with a search I'm sure there is more.  I believe some were frustrated when Bighill missed a few tackles /got burnt by speed (early in the year).  Agree he was great all year.

DM83

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Deatrick Nichols
? Reply #45 on: August 22, 2021, 09:27:05 AM ?
Reply with quoteQuote
I am concerned about the defence.  If I were out there, I would say the defence sucked.
The DBS didn't tackle well
The front seven were sieves.
Bighill is being blown away,
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 10:14:16 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2022, 10:34:51 PM »

I wouldn't say that's dumping on a player. He's giving his assessment of our D and how they played.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 03:38:11 AM by Pigskin » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »

After no 2020 season and no pre season it took a few games for many players to get up to speed. What's important is that the team improved continuously throughout the season. That was true at the team level and individual player performances.

No complaints here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 04:57:38 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Jesse

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 05:09:14 PM »

I wouldn't say that's dumping on a player. He's giving his assessment of our D and how they played.

There is obviously no difference in PJ's eyes.

We're not allowed to notice a player having a bad play or game without "eating crow" when the player goes on to have a good play or game.

My wife is amazing!
kkc60

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 09:35:42 PM »

We're not allowed to notice a player having a bad play or game without "eating crow" when the player goes on to have a good play or game.
Its really nothing new. Honestly I just think it's funny. Like the second someone gets re-signed or a player/ coach improves then everyone who had any criticism in the past is instantly wrong and must be brought up, because improvement isn't possible
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 09:52:34 PM »

Its really nothing new. Honestly I just think it's funny. Like the second someone gets re-signed or a player/ coach improves then everyone who had any criticism in the past is instantly wrong and must be brought up, because improvement isn't possible
to be fair...yes and I for one was critical of MOS in his early years as coach however over time he has won me over however there are still times when he serves some fair criticism.....however those occurrence have grown less and less because MOS is always studying the game and finding ways to improve.   His players follow his example

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 10:11:33 PM »

to be fair...yes and I for one was critical of MOS in his early years as coach however over time he has won me over however there are still times when he serves some fair criticism.....however those occurrence have grown less and less because MOS is always studying the game and finding ways to improve.   His players follow his example
I was of the same camp and agree with everything you have said.  I was more critical of Lapo early though and he was way better than I thought he would be.
After no 2020 season and no pre season it took a few games for many players to get up to speed. What's important is that the team improved continuously throughout the season. That was true at the team level and individual player performances.

No complaints here.
Good analysis, I think some were a little impatient to allow players to get to game speed

I mentioned that some were critical of Biggie, Pigskin said didn't happen, I proved him wrong with an example. 

It has nothing to do with what you have posted above.  This place is here for those to post what they like and I encourage everyone to post their opinions as long as within the rules.  This place is awesome because of the the variety of experiences they bring and the content they create.  I have never been shy to post my opinion.

Your reference to eating crow has been used by many in a funny way over the years, again nothing to do with what I posted.
What you have posted has nothing to do with what I have said.  I don't agree with anything you have said.

I would like to remind the group to stay on topic and discuss Biggie not me.  If you want to make a thread about me in the offside forum go at it.  Lol

I think you will find that in the past I have very supportive of this club and players when we struggle and have often been of the patience and continuity club, which has worked our well for this organization.  I do understand that players have ups and downs and its natural to comment on this as we see it unfold.

I simply stated that Biggie's play was criticized and it was.  A big nothing burger.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 01:04:26 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 10:31:28 PM »

I was of the same camp and agree with everything you have said.  I was more critical of Lapo early though and he was way better than I thought he would be.Good analysis, I think some were a little impatient to allow players to get to game speedI mentioned that some were critical of Biggie, Pigskin said didn't happen, I proved him wrong with an example. 

It has nothing to do with what you have posted above.  This place is here for those to post what they like and I encourage everyone to post their opinions as long as within the rules.  This place is awesome because of the the variety of experiences they bring and the content they create.  I have never been shy to post my opinion.

Your reference to eating crow has been used by many in a funny way over the years, again nothing to do with what I posted.What you have posted has nothing to do with what I have said.  I don't agree with anything you have said.

I would like to remind the group to stay on topic and discuss Biggie not me.  If you want to make a thread about me in the offside forum go at it.  Lol

Enough with the person attacks.  I simply stated that Biggie's play was criticized and it was.  A big nothing burger.

Wrong. You said some were DUMPING on AB4, not critical of AB4.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:47:19 PM by Pigskin » Logged

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2022, 10:59:14 PM »

Wrong. You said some were DUMPING on AB4, not critical of AB4.
Dumping, critical, potatoe,potato, splitting hairs here man.  Lets agree to disagree and move on.  Some on this forum don't get along or don't like what each other post and its best the members try to ignore each other in these situations as much as possible.  These back and forths are very silly and provide no value to the forum. Ok, good for the post count lol.  I suggested it was funny that people were dumping on him.  Lets try to lighten the mood have a laugh and move on. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 12:59:14 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 05:00:51 AM »

I would say you nailed it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:29:26 AM by Pigskin » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 05:04:26 AM »

This is so true.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »

Biggie had a down year in 2019 (by his standards) and a phenomenal year last year. In 2019 he also had a much bigger SMS hit which opened the door to fair criticism at the time. I think we're all glad that he rebounded so well and he seems to be loving the city and team. Of course it's totally silly to use his 2021 success as some sort of vindication that the 2019 concern and criticism wasn't warranted or  factual (it was) but unfortunately that's what PJ always does. He either doesn't understand the nuance or would just prefer it if he could write "BEAST" in every thread and for that to resonate.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2022, 02:45:53 PM »

Even he admitted he struggled in 2019, dealing with a pretty nasty hamstring injury. That's a tough one for a LB. And yet, he still shone more often than not, especially later in the season and during the playoffs.

He's such a heart and soul player. Exactly the kind of leader you want.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
kkc60

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2022, 04:52:12 PM »

Dumping, critical, potatoe,potato, splitting hairs here man.  Lets agree to disagree and move on.  Some on this forum don't get along or don't like what each other post and its best the members try to ignore each other in these situations as much as possible.  These back and forths are very silly and provide no value to the forum. Ok, good for the post count lol.  I suggested it was funny that people were dumping on him.  Lets try to lighten the mood have a laugh and move on. 

Lol. "Some on this forum don't like what each other posts". You do see the irony right
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2022, 04:54:29 PM »

How about we keep the discussion focused on the topic heading?  Thanks.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: