Blue Bombers Forum
December 07, 2022, 08:56:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not comfortable with statement  (Read 3217 times)
blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 04:31:58 PM »

So, Milt should be fired for homerism too?

When did Stegall ever say the Bombers should exceed the SMS cap and pay a fine in order to win a championship?

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
theaardvark

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 04:35:16 PM »

When did Stegall ever say the Bombers should exceed the SMS cap and pay a fine in order to win a championship?

Is it legal to exceed the SMS cap and pay a fine?

So, advocating doing the most you possibly can, within the rules, to win is wrong?

Its not like he said they should pay Fajardo's wife under the table so that he can take a smaller paycheck...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 04:59:04 PM »

Is it legal to exceed the SMS cap and pay a fine?

So, advocating doing the most you possibly can, within the rules, to win is wrong?

Its not like he said they should pay Fajardo's wife under the table so that he can take a smaller paycheck...

Way to answer the question.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
Jesse

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 05:06:23 PM »

I also think this is a nothing-burger.

Part of the charm of all these guys is that they are fervent fans of the league and the teams that they represent.

They're not league officials - they have no bearing on what happenes on the field.

They can say what they want.

My wife is amazing!
Waffler

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 05:16:42 PM »

If they can say that seriously, it is an indication that the penalties are not severe enough. The original idea was to penalize a mistake not an on purpose. When it becomes a strategy it is time to beef up the penalty.

Home isn't where you're from,
it's where you find light when all
grows dark. - Pierce Brown

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 05:24:24 PM »

Way to answer the question.

Thanks, I try.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 06:38:02 PM »

If they can say that seriously, it is an indication that the penalties are not severe enough. The original idea was to penalize a mistake not an on purpose. When it becomes a strategy it is time to beef up the penalty.

That, I can agree with.

My wife is amazing!
theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 06:55:36 PM »

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin hard enough."...

You can bet the Elks are going to have a suspicious cap this year (especially the head office cap), and CGY has always played fast and loose with the "rules". 

We get muckraked because Biggie has a job outside the Bombers here in WPG, and some think it is not legit.

I have no issue with any team using the full cap, including the fined buffers.  They were put there for "Oops" protection, but there is no rule against using them as part of your budget.  Just, if you "Oops" while already at the limit, you start losing picks...

dd

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 11:02:26 PM »

I also think this is a nothing-burger.

Part of the charm of all these guys is that they are fervent fans of the league and the teams that they represent.

They're not league officials - they have no bearing on what happenes on the field.

They can say what they want.
I agree. Suits just made the point if you?re ever going to go over on the cap, and teams do, doing it when you?re hosting the grey cup is when you want to do this. Makes sense to me. Hold off on the pitch forks and torches and chill the heck out. Seriously, you can tell it?s the dead of winter and there isn?t much to talk sbout
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:23:50 PM by dd » Logged
Sec227

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 03:31:13 PM »

He is right though. They should absolutely load up for a home grey cup date. However, yes. DONT come out and say it in print etc. Not classy lol

However, this is another case of CFL issue. Tell the FANS the penalties, make it draft picks. Publish ALL the cfl salaries like the rest of the leagues do. Get a better Fantasy football started. With real prizes. Stop chirping 4 downs. Spotlight the stars and most importantly the CDN stars...
Lake Winnipeg

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 09:52:03 PM »

its not against the rules to go over the salary cap. Suitor is 100% correct. In fact, there shouldn't even be a salary cap. Nonsense.
Horseman

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 01:37:08 AM »

its not against the rules to go over the salary cap. Suitor is 100% correct. In fact, there shouldn't even be a salary cap. Nonsense.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 02:52:58 AM »

The league assesses a fine if teams exceed the salary cap.  Fines are assessed because rules were broken.  You are incorrect.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2022, 03:35:25 AM »

He just wants the Riders to win a cup so badly.. can't blame him.
blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »

Imagine thinking no salary cap is good in pro sports.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: