Blue Bombers Forum
August 14, 2022, 01:34:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kongbo gone  (Read 3592 times)
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« on: January 15, 2022, 12:18:41 AM »

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/12/canadian-dl-jonathan-kongbo-signs-contract-with-denver-broncos/

I'm a little late not sure if this was posted

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 01:47:48 AM »

That sucks for our ratio ideas...

However, billion bucks says he's back in the CFL soon.  He just isn't NFL-good enough.  Not even close, really.  If the 2 J's can't make it in the NFL, no way Kongbo does, unless he really ups his game.

I watched him carefully all year and when he's in he's not nearly as effective as the J's, and he even lets QBs and sweeps outrun him on a regular basis.

I still think he should play in WPG, but it's more a ratio thing than a "he's the best" thing.  And he might get better as the years tick by.

Never go full Rider!
Tiger

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:50:41 AM »

Good luck to him

But agree?..he will be back in cfl

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
dd

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 04:59:06 AM »

This is baffling. He can?t make our starting lineup yet he?s going to the nfl, ya, right Chet. But I guess it?s a free world,  Have at er
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:52:27 PM by dd » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 04:56:12 PM »

We have a lots of FL stars who were tweener in the NFL... and there are players in the NFL who were very good CFL players. 

Kongbo makes our starting Dline without Jefferson and Jeffcoat ahead of him, no problem.  And he was the perfect rotation guy with Thomas, no huge downgrade subbing him in.  And Cheetah, well, loved that.

He probably won't be a starter in the NFL, at least not right away, didn't even get a PR spot, just a futures deal.  But with hard work and study, no reason he can't get at least a couple years of NFL money.  And should he return, he will be better for his time there...  and potentially our next Doug Brown.  Or, Henoc Muamba.  Don't know where his head is at as far as loyalty goes... 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
@Wpg_BlueBombers
?
1h
"I?m so thankful I had my two seasons with the Bombers. It made me a better player, a better person and we won two Grey Cups.?

Memo ? http://bit.ly/3Fxe7EA
#ForTheW

He does have some speed for a big man... and had 2 great mentors as well as top notch coaching...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 06:35:16 PM »

I think Kongbo will be back, but it mite take a year, or at least till labor day. Some Canadian DL's out there right now. Betts, Boateng, Wiggans, and Menard.

As for the draft, Tavius Robinson 6'-7", 250 is the top rated DL. Next would be Lwal Uguak 6'-5" 280, and would be an excellent replacement for Thomas in the future.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 08:16:21 PM »

This is baffling. He can?t make our starting lineup yet he?s going to the nfl, ya, right Chet. But I guess it?s a free world,  Have at er

It's almost like Jefferson and Jeffcoat are superior DEs and Kongbo is still developing, so he still has a chance to be a depth player in the NFL.

It isn't baffling at all if you look at the situation rationally.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
the paw

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 08:29:29 PM »

It's almost like Jefferson and Jeffcoat are superior DEs and Kongbo is still developing, so he still has a chance to be a depth player in the NFL.

It isn't baffling at all if you look at the situation rationally.

For sure Kongbo is still developing, some of the early reporting out of Denver is that they see him as quite raw, but with a ton of upside.

Also, when using Jefferson as a comparison, one has to keerp their apples and oranges straight.  Willie's excellence as a CFL DE is only partially applicable to the NFL.  In both Houston and Washington, Willie was trying out as a linebacker.  He would have been 25-30 pounds lighter than the average DE.  His almost-NFL-good linebacker skills have made him uniquely perfect for the CFL game.

We will see if Kongbo can develop his linebacker skills one notch higher, and stick. 

grab grass 'n growl
kkc60

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 09:57:22 PM »

Kongbo is also younger than the J's and hasn't had the same shot those two have. He's had injury issues stop him from ever really having a shot
Blue In BC

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 04:03:23 PM »

Like any of our players leaving for NFL opportunities I wish him well and success. Can't begrudge the lure of the NFL and all it brings.

Since he's considered a National it's more difficult losing him then some others we've lost in recent years. However rosters are always fluid. Somebody will fill the void. Perhaps a 2022 draft choice or a player acquired in free agency.

The way our roster was structured a player on the DL would be ideal but not mandatory. Can't really tell how things shape up until we get past the free agency free for all and see who we lose or gain.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 04:44:31 PM »

Would be nice to see Patrice Rene 6' 2" 210 DB walk in and start for the bombers. Have a feeling he will get some looks in the NFL.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blueraid

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »

Good luck to Kongbo BUT he didn't stick his first time down south and I doubt he does this time..We'll see him sometime in 22'
Blue In BC

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 05:43:31 PM »

Would be nice to see Patrice Rene 6' 2" 210 DB walk in and start for the bombers. Have a feeling he will get some looks in the NFL.

I don't know if he gets any looks in the NFL but he might. Assuming he lands on the Bomber roster in 2022, I'll be happy if he can contribute at any level. Whether that's on ST's or the 6th DB that's great. Potentially it opens up a spot for DI at another position.

If in fact he's capable of starting at some point in 2022 that's a pure bonus. He seems to be highly regarded as a solid player.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Lake Winnipeg

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 09:53:43 PM »

He will be back. He is wasting his time trying out for NFL. He fits better as END in the CFL especially on the BB
kkc60

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 09:58:42 PM »

He will be back. He is wasting his time trying out for NFL. He fits better as END in the CFL especially on the BB
Yeah really wasting his time taking a shot at playing in the best football league in the world, one that many college players never even get a chance to work out for, let alone get a contract. What a silly decision
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: