Blue Bombers Forum
August 13, 2022, 06:20:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers extend contract of special teams ace Mike Miller  (Read 1539 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: January 13, 2022, 04:43:13 PM »

Blue Bombers extend contract of special teams ace Mike Miller

WINNIPEG, MB., January 13, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with Canadian fullback Mike Miller.

Miller (6-0, 218; Acadia University; born: March 15, 1989 in Riverview, NB) returns for an 11th season in the Canadian Football League, the last four with the Blue Bombers.

One of the greatest special-teams players in CFL history, Miller became the league?s all-time leader in special-teams tackles in a game in Toronto on August 21st, moving past Jason Arakgi, the long-time linebacker with the B.C. Lions. Miller now has 210 career special-teams tackles after leading the league with 25 in 2021.

Highly respected across the CFL, Miller was the Bombers Most Outstanding Special Teams Player in 2019 and was the runner-up for league honours in that department.

Undrafted, Miller first broke into the league with Edmonton in 2011 and played six seasons there before joining the Blue Bombers as a free agent in 2017. He has not missed a single game in four seasons in Winnipeg, suiting up for 68 games in the regular season and playing a key role in the back-to-back Grey Cup championships of 2019-2021.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 04:45:28 PM »

Excellent, nice to have MM24 leading our teams. To bad it only for one year.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 05:28:45 PM »

The ST GOAT! Love this news.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 05:47:24 PM »

Excellent, nice to have MM24 leading our teams. To bad it only for one year.

He's getting older. One year deals until he retires.

My wife is amazing!
GCn19

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 06:02:32 PM »

Good for Miller. Good for the Bombers. He is underappreciated. By all reports not only is he the GOAT on STs but he is one of the main straws that stir the drink in the locker room. Just loved by his team mates.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 06:50:46 PM »

My favourite current Bomber is back! Love it!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »

Good for Miller. Good for the Bombers. He is underappreciated. By all reports not only is he the GOAT on STs but he is one of the main straws that stir the drink in the locker room. Just loved by his team mates.

Underappreciated?Huh?. The bomber fans have nothing but love and praise for MM24.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 11:24:21 PM »

Beast get him the ball a little more often on some screen passes, Nichols will still have the plays lol

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 03:21:10 AM »

Beast get him the ball a little more often on some screen passes, Nichols will still have the plays lol
If we are throwing Mike Miller screen passes something must've gone very wrong
dd

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 03:41:45 AM »

This is all good news, we ve signed another great supporting cast member, when do we sign Collaros and Lawler!!
GCn19

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 01:09:19 PM »

If we are throwing Mike Miller screen passes something must've gone very wrong

He gets his obligatory 2 touches a year on offence. I believe the players in the dressing room demand it.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 03:01:54 PM »

He gets his obligatory 2 touches a year on offence. I believe the players in the dressing room demand it.

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 03:21:39 PM »

Miller is the best ST cover player in the CFL. I've never been sure why they use him a few times as a FB. I've always thought we should have a player who has more of a role as a FB. An individual that excels as a blocker and can be an offensive weapon ( distraction ) a few times a season. I'm not expecting the next Mike Sellers to show up but can't we find a good Canadian in the draft that is a good ST player and can block well?

Bombers use an extra OL as a TE more often than a FB. Maybe they should line up the 6 OL in the back field a couple of times as a lead blocker in short yardage etc.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Jesse

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 03:35:16 PM »

Miller is the best ST cover player in the CFL. I've never been sure why they use him a few times as a FB. I've always thought we should have a player who has more of a role as a FB. An individual that excels as a blocker and can be an offensive weapon ( distraction ) a few times a season. I'm not expecting the next Mike Sellers to show up but can't we find a good Canadian in the draft that is a good ST player and can block well?

Bombers use an extra OL as a TE more often than a FB. Maybe they should line up the 6 OL in the back field a couple of times as a lead blocker in short yardage etc.

For the vast majority of the time, you're not taking a receiver off of the field for a FB.

For most of the rest of the time, if you want a blocker, you put in an extra OL who can actually block.

FB are dead.

My wife is amazing!
kkc60

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 04:46:33 PM »

For the vast majority of the time, you're not taking a receiver off of the field for a FB.

For most of the rest of the time, if you want a blocker, you put in an extra OL who can actually block.

FB are dead.
I mean a FB was just the 1st overall pick. So not dead. But yes, some teams have phased the position out of their offense.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: