Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2022, 12:17:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers extend contract of offensive lineman Chris Kolankowski  (Read 2100 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: January 12, 2022, 03:59:55 PM »

Blue Bombers extend contract of offensive lineman Chris Kolankowski

WINNIPEG, MB., January 12, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Canadian offensive  lineman Chris Kolankowski.

Kolankowski (6-1, 305; York University; born: February 7, 1992 in Etobicoke, ON) returns to the Blue Bombers for a second season after first signing with the club in February of 2020.

Kolankowski spent most of 2021 on the practice roster, but did dress for two regular-season games at the end of the year in Montreal and Calgary and then suited up for the 108th Grey Cup win in Hamilton.

Originally selected by the Toronto Argonauts in the sixth round, 49th overall, of the 2016 CFL Draft, Kolankowski provides important depth on the interior of the club's offensive line.

After returning to York University in his draft year, Kolankowski made his CFL debut with the Argos in 2017 and dressed for six regular-season games and two playoff games, including Toronto's victory in the 105th Grey Cup. He appeared in 16 games for Toronto in 2018 before signing with Winnipeg.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 08:05:20 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 04:14:13 PM »

So CK67 has three Grey Cup rings. Nice.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Jesse

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 04:28:04 PM »

30 year old porospect isn't super exciting, but we have a lot of young guys mixed in too.

The real trick will be finding tackles to groom behind Bryant and Hardrick.

My wife is amazing!
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 04:43:53 PM »

30 year old porospect isn't super exciting, but we have a lot of young guys mixed in too.

We don't have a lot of young guys mixed in. Chances are we lose Eli due to non vaccination issue. Desjarlais we probably lose to NFL. Dobson was drafted in 2021 so he should be available plus any 2022 draft picks.

I wonder whether we plan to re-sign Gray? He'd be a candidate to start replacing Desjarlais in theory.

There were at least 2 import OT's on our PR that will compete in 2022. More will be looked at in mini camps.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 04:50:46 PM »

Its super early but if we lose Desjarlais, I could see Kolankowski replacing him for the first few games and Dobson stepping in. Obviously a lot can and will happen though
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 05:01:49 PM »

I wouldn't be calling him a prospect. Solid Canadian OL depth. And probably at the right price.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 05:07:45 PM »

Its super early but if we lose Desjarlais, I could see Kolankowski replacing him for the first few games and Dobson stepping in. Obviously a lot can and will happen though

Gray would be ahead of both, hopefully he re-signs and becomes a starter next season, he's paid his dues.
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 05:34:13 PM »

Bryant, Gray, Couture, Neufeld, Hardrick is a fine Oline...  I don't think ZC8 will feel uncomfortable at all behind that line...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 06:30:39 PM »

Bryant, Gray, Couture, Neufeld, Hardrick is a fine Oline...  I don't think ZC8 will feel uncomfortable at all behind that line...

Throw in Dobson who apparently is Desjarlais 2.0,. I am also not writing off Eli yet.

Desjarlais 6'2" 314.   Dobson 6'3"  340.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:36:17 PM by Pigskin » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 06:50:47 PM »

I think Dobson probably gets some NFL interest for at least the coming year. I don't think we see him until 2023...if at all. He has been playing some really good ball this year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 06:50:56 PM »

Throw in Dobson who apparently is Desjarlais 2.0,. I am also not writing off Eli yet.

Desjarlais 6'2" 314.   Dobson 6'3"  340.

Pretty rare for an O-lineman to start in his first year, I know Desjarlais and Chungh did it, but most prospects would not be capable.
GCn19

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 06:55:36 PM »

Pretty rare for an O-lineman to start in his first year, I know Desjarlais and Chungh did it, but most prospects would not be capable.

The guys is a nasty beast. He fits the mold of Desjarlais and Chungh in that regard. I think playing nasty can help fast track a young OLineman and he has a boat load of nasty.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2022, 07:56:39 PM »

It would be but 3 of those OL are still potential free agents. I'm not expecting to lose any of them but it's up in the air at the moment.

If Dobson gets some NFL interest for 2022 then we may be looking at other free agents come Feb 8th and more draft choices.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
dizzycamper

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 08:40:56 PM »

I know/trust that Kyle Walters will be able to sign the three (Bryant, Gray & Couture). To me none issue, handled internally and will be done.

Secondly, this years draft (9th pick overall) should yield us a good center/guard roster player. As for Dobson, fingers crossed for him to be in Wpg come training camp. That would make this discussion, go away.

If not, for starters, there is a former player currently on the Toronto roster (free agent), who played center for us in the 2019 Grey Cup. He didn't look out of place back then, perhaps he wants to take a run at another cup celebration with his friends in Wpg.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 03:36:27 AM »

Good depth guy, will be Bomber for life

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: