Blue Bombers Forum
October 06, 2022, 08:48:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian OL Drew Desjarlais drawing significant interest from NFL teams  (Read 3366 times)
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« on: January 04, 2022, 11:26:05 PM »

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/04/canadian-ol-drew-desjarlais-drawing-significant-interest-from-nfl-teams/

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 12:57:48 PM »

I wish him success in his bid to land an NFL contract. That's a lot of interest already down there. However, I know we'd all be very happy if he was to return to Winnipeg.  Odds are against us at the moment.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 01:34:16 PM »

I wish him success in his bid to land an NFL contract. That's a lot of interest already down there. However, I know we'd all be very happy if he was to return to Winnipeg.  Odds are against us at the moment.

I think it is almost a slam dunk that Drew will at least get a futures contract in the NFL. I wish him the very best of luck and in a year or two, or even this August, if he becomes available I hope Winnipeg is his preferred destination in the CFL.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
the paw

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »

This is really an opportunity for Gray.  He has put in his time as part of the unit, and with Desjarlais and Eli likely moving on, one of the OG spots is his for the taking.

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

It's a small risk for Drew. He'd be foolish to not accept some sort of NFL futures contract. Even if he ends up on a PR for awhile he could be 1 or 2 injuries away from a game day roster.

A yard off the ball might be difficult to overcome initially but other Canadian OL have succeeded in that transition.

At worst he is unsuccessful at making even any NFL PR and he returns to the CFL. He'd immediately get multiple offers and a hefty raise from his ELC.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 03:34:49 AM »

Hope he makes it

Ridermania

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 12:55:34 PM »

Wish Drew and other Canadian players the best of luck, hope they make some NFL cash.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 08:34:37 AM »

It's every player's dream to make it to the NFL to earn the big bucks and play in front of big crowds.  Good luck to Drew if he is able to make it.  Many players make it but eventually get cut but at least they made some good bucks before leaving.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 10:51:44 PM »

It's every player's dream to make it to the NFL to earn the big bucks and play in front of big crowds.  Good luck to Drew if he is able to make it.  Many players make it but eventually get cut but at least they made some good bucks before leaving.
Hope he can make a career and draw a pension

DM83

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 11:13:44 PM »

The guy hasn't even signed a contract and you are talking pension!  My God!

Also why is it every time a CFL lineman goes south, it's a
Ways noted that the guy will have trouble with a guy lined up an inch apart.

Have you ever blocked anybody? That would be easier.  The defensive guy loses mobility, is engaged immediately, and the options reduced.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 01:24:42 AM »

Have you ever blocked anybody? That would be easier.  The defensive guy loses mobility, is engaged immediately, and the options reduced.
I some agree fans on here need to take a breather.   Wink

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 01:09:19 PM »

It's an adjustment that some OL have difficulty with in the transition. It happens for some of those coming North and for some of those going South. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2022, 02:27:07 PM »

It is not easier to block a guy in 4 down football. That is just fallacy. Guys going from 3 down to 4 down can definitely struggle with the difference. Timing, footwork, etc are all different. Some guys adjust but some guys don't. Same is true for IMP OL coming to the CFL. A stud like Hardrick took 2 years and 3 teams before he was able to make the adjustment for instance.

Blue In BC

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 04:26:22 PM »

If Drew picks the right team in need of interior OL he has a good chance of sticking for at least awhile. He's still very young and a given team might be willing to invest some time in further development.

He should have a discussion with Gray about the prospects and / or challenges in the NFL.

However some Canadian OL have succeeded and there is no immediate indication he couldn't do the same.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »

If Drew picks the right team in need of interior OL he has a good chance of sticking for at least awhile. He's still very young and a given team might be willing to invest some time in further development.

He should have a discussion with Gray about the prospects and / or challenges in the NFL.

However some Canadian OL have succeeded and there is no immediate indication he couldn't do the same.

The NFL DTs are big son of a guns. It will be interesting to see if he can handle it.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: