Blue Bombers Forum
December 02, 2022, 02:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: CFL says Lucky Whitehead is a FA.  Do We Try To Sign Him for 2022?
Yes - 14 (36.8%)
No - 24 (63.2%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucky Whitehead - Free Agent (no longer)  (Read 11410 times)
blueraid

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2021, 06:13:48 PM »

IF Lawler decides to leave, then Whitehead would be an option but the better move would be to offer a solid contract to Burnham.....IF Michael Riley isn't behind centre in B.C. then Burnham might decide to look for greener pastures....The duo of Riley and Burnham were pretty tight BUT all bets are off if Riley isn't their qb.
dd

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »

Burnham ain?t getting any younger and I m thinking he wants to play for a winner for a change. If we went after him, I think he?s come here vs stay on the left coast and continue to lose, after all, he?s be the #1 receiver on the defending grey cup champs, contending for a 3rd
GCn19

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2021, 07:08:01 PM »

Burnham ain?t getting any younger and I m thinking he wants to play for a winner for a change. If we went after him, I think he?s come here vs stay on the left coast and continue to lose, after all, he?s be the #1 receiver on the defending grey cup champs, contending for a 3rd

Burnham has snubbed us twice already. I wouldn't even waste my time on him if I were Walters. Plus he is at the age of diminishing returns.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Jesse

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »

Burnham has snubbed us twice already. I wouldn't even waste my time on him if I were Walters. Plus he is at the age of diminishing returns.

That?s how I feel too.

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2021, 11:21:52 PM »

That?s fine, he can waste away on the left coast, shame that talent will never win a cup.
blue_or_die

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2021, 12:44:06 AM »

If we lose Lawler to the NFL, we should go after Burn'em. If we lose Adams to retirement or decide to move on from him for whatever reason, we should go after Lucky. And yes I realize Adams and Lucky are very different players but where they are in their careers are clear #2 receivers. We shall see what the great free agency of 2022 brings to see what our needs actually are, but should we find ourselves short a few players, we have options to replace them and going to a back2back championship team is a no-brainer.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:44:09 AM by blue_or_die » Logged

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2021, 04:12:30 AM »

Lawler is good but he is not big and strong enough to be an NFL receiver. He shouldn't waste his time down there but if he decides to go and try to get a bigger paycheck or ask for more money from other cash strapped CFL teams then go for it.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »

Lawler is good but he is not big and strong enough to be an NFL receiver. He shouldn't waste his time down there but if he decides to go and try to get a bigger paycheck or ask for more money from other cash strapped CFL teams then go for it.

I don't know anything about the NFL process, are the players who get invited to NFL TC's well paid for attending, or do they have to at least make the PR to cash in?  Jeopardizing an earned spot in the CFL may not be worth it for those who only get tryouts and not TC invites.
Blue In BC

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »

I don't know anything about the NFL process, are the players who get invited to NFL TC's well paid for attending, or do they have to at least make the PR to cash in?  Jeopardizing an earned spot in the CFL may not be worth it for those who only get tryouts and not TC invites.

It's a risk assessment for players and NFL tryouts. The depth on a given team and signing bonus might indicate how good their chances are to make a roster. OTOH they can see how other top players have fared.

Realistically I don't expect Lawler or Bailey to have a significant chance in the NFL. Size, speed, age against a large group of young draft choices to contend with each year. NFL free agent movement / acquisitions.

That doesn't mean they won't accept a tryout and / or TC contract. The dream and money are big. Can't blame them. OTOH a few of our good players have had NFL PR's etc a few times and may not want to go throught that again.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:45:19 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blueraid

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2021, 05:34:17 PM »

Just wondering IF the nfl would be a little offish with Lawler because of the dui charge....I don't know what their policy is regarding something like that....Could be a hindrance regarding him getting a looksee?Huh
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2021, 07:06:05 PM »

It's a risk assessment for players and NFL tryouts. The depth on a given team and signing bonus might indicate how good their chances are to make a roster. OTOH they can see how other top players have fared.

Realistically I don't expect Lawler or Bailey to have a significant chance in the NFL. Size, speed, age against a large group of young draft choices to contend with each year. NFL free agent movement / acquisitions.

That doesn't mean they won't accept a tryout and / or TC contract. The dream and money are big. Can't blame them. OTOH a few of our good players have had NFL PR's etc a few times and may not want to go throught that again.

I believe Bighill decided to come back to the CFL to play rather than spend his time chasing the NFL dream, he  bounced between the Saints roster/PR 4 times during 2017, before finally requesting his official release in May of 2018.  If Bighill was 2-4" taller he could have had a solid NFL career.
dd

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2021, 10:20:18 PM »

Just wondering IF the nfl would be a little offish with Lawler because of the dui charge....I don't know what their policy is regarding something like that....Could be a hindrance regarding him getting a looksee?Huh
Wouldn?t matter a bit. The NFL is full of players on drugs or alcohol or both, associated with gangs/shootings, players that have openly assaulted their girlfriends or been shot by their girlfriends, a guy who has a dui wouldn?t even raise an eyebrow. Non issue. That said, Lawler isn?t fast enough to play in the nfl, he ll have a great career though in the cfl.
RebusRankin

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2022, 03:16:46 PM »

If we're looking for a free agent receiver, Jake Weinke would top my list.
dd

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2022, 04:01:21 PM »

He had a great year and caught everything that came his way. He was the #2 receiver in Montreal behind Lewis, could he be as effective if he was the #1 read and drew the tighter coverage from the defense like Lewis did??
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2022, 04:21:17 PM »

He's a good receiver but he looks slow to me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 11:08:47 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: