Blue Bombers Forum
October 05, 2022, 07:16:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Canada  (Read 1385 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« on: December 17, 2021, 02:18:56 AM »

The NFL is coming with a vacuum cleaner to suck up the last few remaining crumbs.

Headline of their twitter page is "Canadian Invasion"

As part of the @NFL's international expansion initiative, Canada has been officially designated as our international home market.

Canada has been split by the Seahawks and the Vikings as claimed territory.

This bloody ancient ****** software won't let me paste a tweet.

Follow the link.

https://twitter.com/NFLCanada?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 03:19:33 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 02:20:49 AM »

Uh, wha??  Need. more. info.

Never go full Rider!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 02:36:55 AM »

It's going to be okay.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 04:16:47 AM »

Haha, "claiming territory" like we're Mars or something.

And an even bigger haha: "international expansion initiative".  Guess what NFL, we beat ya to it!  What losers, don't have any good idea themselves so they have to steal ours!  Eat that NFL.

I wasn't onboard with the Ambrosie GLOB nonsense, but now that the move allowed us to beat the NFL to the punch, I guess it was all worth it.

As for what this dumb NFL idea means in reality, meh, we could do worse than hosting the odd Vikings game at IGF.  Then again, after that Packers 80-yard field debacle... to heck with the NFL!

Never go full Rider!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 04:19:24 PM »

And an even bigger haha: "international expansion initiative".  Guess what NFL, we beat ya to it!  What losers, don't have any good idea themselves so they have to steal ours!  Eat that NFL.

I wasn't onboard with the Ambrosie GLOB nonsense, but now that the move allowed us to beat the NFL to the punch, I guess it was all worth it.

As for what this dumb NFL idea means in reality, meh, we could do worse than hosting the odd Vikings game at IGF.  Then again, after that Packers 80-yard field debacle... to heck with the NFL!

I love the NFL
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 04:29:36 PM »

In the past the NFL acted more as a big brother to the CFL, protecting and working with them to grow the game of football in Canada. They no longer seem to care whether the CFL lives or dies, it's more important to the 32 billionaire team owners to pull in extra revenue from every last crevice they can find, always needing more, more, more. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 04:42:56 PM »

In the past the NFL acted more as a big brother to the CFL, protecting and working with them to grow the game of football in Canada. They no longer seem to care whether the CFL lives or dies, it's more important to the 32 billionaire team owners to pull in extra revenue from every last crevice they can find, always needing more, more, more. 

I'm sure the CFL's recent global initiatives and talks of XFL partnership have something to do with that.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 05:48:29 PM »

I'm sure the CFL's recent global initiatives and talks of XFL partnership have something to do with that.

It's not that recent a development, the NFL has been marketing directly to Canadians for over a decade.  Maybe the NFL saw the CFL's US expansion as a betrayal and decided to take off their gloves.

Word has it the Seahawks might begin to play one regular season game in Vancouver at BC Place.

Apparently, there are already about 3300 Season ticket holders in the Vancouver area, and the Seahawks also sell about 13K single game tickets in BC.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 05:57:17 PM »

It's not that recent a development, the NFL has been marketing directly to Canadians for over a decade.  Maybe the NFL saw the CFL's US expansion as a betrayal and decided to take off their gloves.

Word has it the Seahawks might begin to play one regular season game in Vancouver at BC Place.

Apparently, there are already about 3300 Season ticket holders in the Vancouver area, and the Seahawks also sell about 13K single game tickets in BC.

There are a lot of NFL fans in Canada (myself included) so it makes sense. The NFL is awesome and they should market the game to their fans wherever they are. I don't think the recent posturing of the CFL helps a lick though.
blue_or_die

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 07:30:20 PM »

Giant nothingburger, guys.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 10:06:06 PM »

Maybe the NFL saw the CFL's US expansion as a betrayal and decided to take off their gloves.

If that were even remotely plausible, why did the NFL wait nearly three decades? I mean, really... the NFL floated the CFL $3M after the latter's failed US expansion, anyway.

Giant nothingburger, guys.

Agreed.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
dd

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 12:48:11 AM »

Couldn?t give a roaring rip about what the N F of L says or does. Rarely watch a game but when I do it?s usually the packers or bucs because of their qbs
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2021, 03:30:45 AM »

Hard pass

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: