Off Season Player Signings - Teams Other than the Bombers

Started by ModAdmin, December 15, 2021, 06:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Dave Naylor Retweeted
Hamilton Tiger-Cats
@Ticats
1h
We've signed another WR to the flight club Airplane

Flag of Canada WR Lemar Durant (@Lemarvelous23) will be in Black & Gold this season!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

3DownNation
@3DownNation
Blind side's back: B.C. Lions re-sign left tackle Joel Figueroa
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on January 31, 2022, 06:34:49 AM
BC also signed Rhymes to an extension.

Rhymes would not have come cheap either as he is considered a top end receiver, I would guess he signed for at least $170,000.

Lawler offer if true is beyond stupid, either the new owner has advised GM Neil McEvoy to ignore salary cap or they're headed back into the weeds.  Even without Reilly they still have to sign a vet. QB to back Rourke up, which will cost them North of $300,000 unless they go after Schiltz, I guess.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 31, 2022, 05:19:13 PM
Rhymes would not have come cheap either as he is considered a top end receiver, I would guess he signed for at least $170,000.

Lawler offer if true is beyond stupid, either the new owner has advised GM Neil McEvoy to ignore salary cap or they're headed back into the weeds.  Even without Reilly they still have to sign a vet. QB to back Rourke up, which will cost them North of $300,000 unless they go after Schiltz, I guess.

What QB? MBT has signed in Toronto. That leaves Masoli or Harris. If either wants to start they'll be off to Ottawa. Is there another QB that could possibly command $300K?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 31, 2022, 06:36:47 PM
What QB? MBT has signed in Toronto. That leaves Masoli or Harris. If either wants to start they'll be off to Ottawa. Is there another QB that could possibly command $300K?

No, I was referring to Harris, I think the RB's will sign Masoli.

Ridermania

Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national defensive back Godfrey Onyeka and national wide receiver Mitch Picton to contract extensions.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 31, 2022, 06:41:37 PM
No, I was referring to Harris, I think the RB's will sign Masoli.

Harris may end up in BC but the Lions aren't going to pay him $300K to be # 2. Masoli should have an idea whether the Redblacks have put in an offer and how he feels about it.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 31, 2022, 09:59:04 PM
Harris may end up in BC but the Lions aren't going to pay him $300K to be # 2. Masoli should have an idea whether the Redblacks have put in an offer and how he feels about it.

I just can't see Harris remaining #2 for very long in that situation, I believe Rourke has played a total of one good game so far.  I can accept a miracle but I'd rather wait until Rourke plays 6 games before approving.  I'm beginning to doubt Rick Campbell's sanity.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 31, 2022, 10:27:01 PM
I just can't see Harris remaining #2 for very long in that situation, I believe Rourke has played a total of one good game so far.  I can accept a miracle but I'd rather wait until Rourke plays 6 games before approving.  I'm beginning to doubt Rick Campbell's sanity.

I could believe that eventuality. It does make me wonder Harris hasn't signed somewhere as his options are disappearing. He's a week away from Masoli having a shot in BC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 31, 2022, 10:45:35 PM
I could believe that eventuality. It does make me wonder Harris hasn't signed somewhere as his options are disappearing. He's a week away from Masoli having a shot in BC.

Probably no teams willing to commit to Harris at this point, until all cards are played there are too many moving parts to predict how things shake out.

DM83

Sadly, Harris has maybe played himself out of the league.
BC needs a QB.  Maybe Rielly un- retires.  Did the Lions do enough to protect any QB.


Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on February 07, 2022, 06:12:25 PM
Sadly, Harris has maybe played himself out of the league.
BC needs a QB.  Maybe Rielly un- retires.  Did the Lions do enough to protect any QB.



I don't know if Harris had offers anywhere or not. However now that Masoli has gone to Ottawa, his options to start are extremely limited. His value may have plummeted to accepting a role as a # 2 QB this season.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 07, 2022, 08:11:05 PM
I don't know if Harris had offers anywhere or not. However now that Masoli has gone to Ottawa, his options to start are extremely limited. His value may have plummeted to accepting a role as a # 2 QB this season.

Probably makes more sense for him to sit out until there's an injury.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on February 07, 2022, 08:12:03 PM
Probably makes more sense for him to sit out until there's an injury.

Each team will have a QB on their PR. If they aren't comfortable with that plan they should be making an offer in the next couple of days. Waiting for an injury and then expecting to step in and learn an offence quickly is not the best plan.

There will be a few other QB's which might also be available at that time as short term rentals
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 07, 2022, 08:16:31 PM
Each team will have a QB on their PR. If they aren't comfortable with that plan they should be making an offer in the next couple of days. Waiting for an injury and then expecting to step in and learn an offence quickly is not the best plan.

There will be a few other QB's which might also be available at that time as short term rentals

Happens all the time. He can sign for back-up money now, or wait for an (inevitable) injury and sign for starter money.
My wife is amazing!