Off Season Player Signings - Teams Other than the Bombers

Started by ModAdmin, December 15, 2021, 06:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 21, 2022, 04:58:04 PM
Right, so nobody is getting cut, this is just more John Hodge speculation, Jones probably hasn't said anything regarding Boateng, Hodge doesn't know any more than anyone else and now people are squabbling over nothing! 

So, this was tweeted in response to Hodge's tweet...

Kwaku Boateng@KwakuBoat3ng
The next few weeks are going to be interesting

So who knows if he's been cut, or if Jones' negotiating strategy is "we don't NEED you.." or something in the middle...

If it's not until FA day, then you can bet there will be a bidding war for Boateng, and Betts might just end up getting some offers as well... I can see Walters trying for Betts at a value price with playoff money and playing with Jefferson, Jeffcoat as incentives, plus Kongbo's 2 NFL looks after playing here...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Ridermania

Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national defensive back Mike Edem to a contract extension.

Horseman

Quote from: Ridermania on January 21, 2022, 05:56:20 PM
Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national defensive back Mike Edem to a contract extension.

My condolences to the Riders.

kkc60

Quote from: Ridermania on January 21, 2022, 05:56:20 PM
I swear he's been around forever

Pigskin

Pretty solid Canadian safety. Nice signing by the Riders.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2022, 07:17:15 PM
I thought he died.

Isn't he like 98 years old?

He had serious concussions issues at one time, but that was so long ago everyone in Sask. has forgotten about them.  I guess he gots better now.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 21, 2022, 07:51:01 PM
He had serious concussions issues at one time, but that was so long ago everyone in Sask. has forgotten about them.  I guess he gots better now.

We have a player that had the same issue's. He's also much better now.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

kkc60

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2022, 07:17:15 PM
I thought he died.

Isn't he like 98 years old?
I remember wanting him after the 2015 season before he went to BC

Ridermania

B.C. Lions have released Canadian receiver and Vancouver native Lemar Durant.

He was reportedly the CFL?s highest-paid national receiver and was scheduled to earn $200,000 in 2022 as part of a contract extension he signed in December 2020.

dd

Decent reciever but waaaay overpaid. Another BC contract gafff!!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Ridermania on January 21, 2022, 10:28:06 PM

He was reportedly the CFL?s highest-paid national receiver and was scheduled to earn $200,000 in 2022 as part of a contract extension he signed in December 2020.

BC!!!  :D :D :D
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on January 21, 2022, 11:32:17 PM
Decent reciever but waaaay overpaid. Another BC contract gafff!!

Can't blame Wally, spending was under control till they hired Ed Hervey.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Ridermania on January 21, 2022, 10:28:06 PM

Yes way overpaid. However as a Canadian receiver he'll land somewhere at a significantly reduced price. IMO we're going to see more big contracts dumped around the league. Could be some really talented players available to the big spenders.

Looking at the top 30 potential free agents, you could build a solid roster if you had the money.

Not expecting the Bombers to be big players except with our own players but it's an interesting list.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Ti Cats release Kalinic in order to chase NFL opportunities???  Two CFL seasons and only about 200 yards total yardage and he gets an NFL chance.
2019 Grey Cup Champions