Off Season Player Signings - Teams Other than the Bombers

Started by ModAdmin, December 15, 2021, 06:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 25, 2022, 06:34:02 PM
I can't see Rick Campbell being dumb enough to roll with Rourke, if he screws up this year his job is in jeopardy.  He's talking about a 1 and 1-A QB situation, so that likely means Harris.  MBT stays put and Masoli is left to sign with the RB's.

I'm cheering for Nichols but this is probably his last kick at the cat, how healthy his arm is in a few months will determine his future.

I certainly hope he isn't kicking cats....

I can see Pinball using Streveler as a bargaining chip in the MBT discussions, the CFL would be well served getting Streves into the big smoke.  That would be marketing gold. 

I think a vaccinated Masoli slips into BC well...

Lapo would love to get a healthy Harris in OTT, but no doubt would take an MBT, and Pinball knows that...

As much as the QB situation got clearer with Collaros' and Reilly's decisions, it is still quite muddy
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TBURGESS

As it stands right now... BC, Edmonton, Ottawa and Toronto don't have starting QB's. BC & Edmonton have young guns with an upside. Harris, MBT, & Masoli, if Vax'd, are looking for starting jobs.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Pigskin

I think BC's QB position will be fine. He mite have a rough start like Lulay did, but the kids has all the tools.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

Uh-huh.....a Canadian QB?.  About as much chance of having an above freezing day in Winnipeg between Dec 25 -Feb. 28

Sure the kid wil show spurts of exceptional,play, but not sustainable.
But if he has the. Arm strngth and can read and has escapeability...sure.
I seem to remember that when he played, he would make bad decisions in the crunch.

Probably dozens of American QBs who are better at that than him, that don't try the NFL.....and some are playing in the CFL!

Blue In BC

Rourke might develop into a good QB but it's early days and he's only started a couple of games. He's still under contract so I don't see the Lions anointing him # 1 and giving him a new contract with a starters salary. Extend him, give him a raise etc but he's not a $300K+ QB today.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 26, 2022, 05:32:21 PM
Rourke might develop into a good QB but it's early days and he's only started a couple of games. He's still under contract so I don't see the Lions anointing him # 1 and giving him a new contract with a starters salary. Extend him, give him a raise etc but he's not a $300K+ QB today.

I want to see BC competitive again, it pains me to see such a good franchise flounder, ever since the demise of Travis Lulay they've been struggling.  They have too much on the line this season to gamble on Rourke, it will be a miracle if they make the playoffs regardless of who their QB is.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 26, 2022, 05:41:53 PM
I want to see BC competitive again, it pains me to see such a good franchise flounder, ever since the demise of Travis Lulay they've been struggling.  They have too much on the line this season to gamble on Rourke, it will be a miracle if they make the playoffs regardless of who their QB is.

Aside from the QB position it will depend on how well and wisely they spend in free agency. Living in Vancouver I want to see them competitive again as well. That said it's very early and we'll have to see how free agency goes across the CFL. Teams will have losses and gains within their roster.

The Lions freed up some big SMS money with Reilly retiring and Durant being released.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Jorden back with the Stamps.

Muamba staying with the Argo's.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

the paw

OMG, is it April  1st?  3downnation is reporting that Chris Jones just signed Manny Arcenaux, Adarius Bowman and Caleb Holley.

I though talking to Duron Carter was weird, but this is nuts.  He clearly hasn't scouted anyone since he left Sask, and has the hubris to think time stands still.  Edmonton is going to be a colossal train wreck...
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

#279
Major signing: Montreal signs Dante Absher to a 1 year deal.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Quote from: the paw on January 26, 2022, 09:43:11 PM
OMG, is it April  1st?  3downnation is reporting that Chris Jones just signed Manny Arcenaux, Adarius Bowman and Caleb Holley.

I though talking to Duron Carter was weird, but this is nuts.  He clearly hasn't scouted anyone since he left Sask, and has the hubris to think time stands still.  Edmonton is going to be a colossal train wreck...

It's going to be interesting year in Edmonton.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

road griller

Is the Manny Show going to bring the ?Big Play Chain? out of retirement...?  And Butterfingers Bowman?  Not sure what to say.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Quote from: the paw on January 26, 2022, 09:43:11 PM
OMG, is it April  1st?  3downnation is reporting that Chris Jones just signed Manny Arcenaux, Adarius Bowman and Caleb Holley.

I though talking to Duron Carter was weird, but this is nuts.  He clearly hasn't scouted anyone since he left Sask, and has the hubris to think time stands still.  Edmonton is going to be a colossal train wreck...
I my gosh, as much as I hate Edmonton, I actually feel sorry for them, they are truly an embarrassment. Bowman was completely finished years ago, ditto manny. And they are actually paying Jones to do this to them!!