Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 07, 2022, 02:11:00 PM
Right it was Glass was the one I was thinking of. Something weird happened with him. He got released for some undisclosed reason. Did not sound like it was an injury.

I believe he was broken  ;D

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 07, 2022, 02:11:00 PM
Right it was Glass was the one I was thinking of. Something weird happened with him. He got released for some undisclosed reason. Did not sound like it was an injury.

Even more strange that he never resurfaced on any other team. He may have not had his heart in the game any longer?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 07, 2022, 03:59:34 PM
Even more strange that he never resurfaced on any other team. He may have not had his heart in the game any longer?

The bridge must have been burned on the way out the door, cause they certainly could have used Glass's help before they brought back Darby.

theaardvark

Bryant is on the roster.

We look to be starting 9 NATs...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gobombersgo

Game 16:

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
Keion Adams makes his Bombers debut. And rookie Souleymane Karamoko will make his 2nd appearance.

Also of note: Redha Kramdi starts at DIME, after taking over in the 3rd quarter last week. And DaJaun Cooper gives up #22 (now #15).

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Here's #Bombers depth chart vs. #Elks on Saturday. Noteworthies include Keion Adams making first start at defensive end, Canadian Redha Kramdi getting start ahead of Donald Rutledge, Jr., at dime back and Casey Sayles starting after being listed as doubtful with knee inj. #CFL

Taylor Allen   @TaylorAllen31
-Canadian Redha Kramdi replaces a healthy Donald Rutledge Jr. at dimeback
-Still no Jeffcoat so Keion Adams will make his Bombers debut.
-Chris Kolankowski continues to start at C despite Michael Couture being healthy.
-No Alden Darby, Jr.

Dave Campbell   @Dave_CHED
#Elks REC Vincent Forbes-Mombleau (shoulder) has been placed on the 1-game injured list. Two changes to the roster with VFM and Kenny Lawler (collarbone) coming off. REC Lucky Jackson will make his first #CFL start. LB Jordan Reaves also added to the 45.

x-Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
How we line up vs the @GoElks.
https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1578384668185055234/photo/1
Bomber's injury list:
https://twitter.com/jeffkhamilton/status/1578402598004350976/photo/1
https://twitter.com/jeffkhamilton/status/1578402598004350976/photo/2

Edmonton Elks   @GoElks
Week 18 starters vs. @Wpg_BlueBombers
https://twitter.com/GoElks/status/1578429959294418945/photo/1
https://twitter.com/GoElks/status/1578429959294418945/photo/2
https://twitter.com/GoElks/status/1578429959294418945/photo/3

In:
#42 Karamoko
#54 Adams

Out:
#36 Thompson
#93 Wilcots II

Transactions:

2022-10-07   WPG   ADAMS, Keion   DL   A   Western Michigan   Add To   Active Roster
2022-10-07   WPG   ADAMS, Keion   DL   A   Western Michigan   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-10-07   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   LB   N   Laval   Add To   Active Roster
2022-10-07   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   LB   N   Laval   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-10-07   WPG   DARBY, Alden   DB   A   Arizona State   Transfer To   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   THOMPSON, Malcolm   DB   N   Wilfrid Laurier   Transfer To   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   WOLITARSKY, Drew   WR   N   Minnesota   Extend On   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   TAYLOR, Nicholas   DB   N   Florida International   Extend On   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   JEFFCOAT, Jackson   DL   A   Texas   Extend On   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   HANSEN, Thiadric   DL   A      Extend On   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   HALLETT, Noah   DB   N   McMaster   Extend On   Injured
2022-10-07   WPG   CLEMENTS, Malik   LB   N   Cincinnati   Extend On   Injured
2022-10-05   WPG   LAWRENCE, Desmond   DB   A   North Carolina   Add To   Free Agent

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

Derek Taylor:
Bombers announce they've released WR Tavaris Harrison. Rostered for five games this season, didn't compile any stats.

The Bombers still have three receivers on their practice roster.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 11, 2022, 05:12:09 PM
Derek Taylor:
Bombers announce they've released WR Tavaris Harrison. Rostered for five games this season, didn't compile any stats.

The Bombers still have three receivers on their practice roster.

I wonder if this is any indication some of our injured receivers are returning from IR lists?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 11, 2022, 05:18:20 PM
I wonder if this is any indication some of our injured receivers are returning from IR lists?
Hope so....would love to see either or both of Woli or Ellingson back.   That being said, we haven't really missed a beat on O with Demski, Schoen and Olivera playing at an elite level.    And Rasheed has made major contributions when called upon as well. 
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 11, 2022, 05:23:06 PM
Hope so....would love to see either or both of Woli or Ellingson back.   That being said, we haven't really missed a beat on O with Demski, Schoen and Olivera playing at an elite level.    And Rasheed has made major contributions when called upon as well. 

That's true but depth and ability to rotate players into the game has high value. Possibility of new injuries can never be ignored.

While I like what McCrae adds to our offence, as a receiver he's actually replacing Ellingson. So Ellingson returning is a definite improvement.

For the things McCrae adds to the offence, he can still be used in the same way. He isn't getting huge touches as a receiver and is more of a change up on offence as a RB. As long as we continue to use more than 7 starting Canadians, he can still be used in the same way as a non DI offensive player.

His rushing totals are only slightly less than his receiving totals. Used in this way could develop him for bigger things in 2023.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 11, 2022, 05:27:28 PM
That's true but depth and ability to rotate players into the game has high value. Possibility of new injuries can never be ignored.

While I like what McCrae adds to our offence, as a receiver he's actually replacing Ellingson. So Ellingson returning is a definite improvement.

For the things McCrae adds to the offence, he can still be used in the same way. He isn't getting huge touches as a receiver and is more of a change up on offence as a RB. As long as we continue to use more than 7 starting Canadians, he can still be used in the same way as a non DI offensive player.

His rushing totals are only slightly less than his receiving totals. Used in this way could develop him for bigger things in 2023.

McCrae is not a full fledged receiver and should not be sent down field to run patterns where he gets lost competing for the ball.  He's a player that should be used like Moore in Sask., short medium hot routes with the occasional run up the middle or sweep thrown in. More or less a gimmick player used on occasion.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 11, 2022, 05:27:28 PM

He is also our alternate returner... possibly with Holm and maybe Demski in a pinch...  if Grant doesn't start running like the Grant of old soon, I don't see why we wouldn't let McCrae handle the duties, and maybe roster a different position...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 11, 2022, 05:37:38 PM
McCrae is not a full fledged receiver and should not be sent down field to run patterns where he gets lost competing for the ball.  He's a player that should be used like Moore in Sask., short medium hot routes with the occasional run up the middle or sweep thrown in. More or less a gimmick player used on occasion.

I realize that but he is listed and used as a starting receiver per se. He's a development player and could develop into a decent receiver in the future. He seems to have good hands but his route running needs work, no argument.

Regarding Grant: I don't think he's getting much blocking support. This game against the Lions might be an idea to let someone else see what they can do. The best thing about Grant is that he doesn't turnover the ball. we also know what he's capable of from past history.

At the moment we have the luxury of keeping both on the roster. If some injured vets return, then we'll see what happens.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 11, 2022, 05:48:05 PM
I realize that but he is listed and used as a starting receiver per se. He's a development player and could develop into a decent receiver in the future. He seems to have good hands but his route running needs work, no argument.

McCrae will be lucky to hang onto a roster spot once injured receivers begin to return, I think we've seen enough to know he's not big or physical enough to be a great receiver and there will always be better true receivers available.  He's welcome to hang around the periphery as a injury replacement but he's not likely to get the opportunity to be a main feature in the existing Bomber offence as long as they have a strong running game going and a great set of receivers who are fully committed.

DM83

I can't believe you guys are knocking McRae.

We have as they say a ground and pound team, sort of.  Anyway it is the foundation of the team. Do not forget that.
We have a big, accountable mobile line, that make their blocks (now), and get downfield.  We have pounding backs who almost always look to run inside, first.  What I see as a smaller Linebacker and even smaller DB, is a mass of hurt bearing down.  I could never believe as a 180 pd DB, that it was going to hurt. The Bombers have Demski, Augustine and Brady(who has approached the legendary status  of Andrew.)

Then the Bombers throw in McRae, and he is just plain faster.  Of course the DBs have their feet braced and McRae gets a crack, hits it and picks up a couple more yards.  I firmly believe when he comes in for a play or two, the defence is all asunder (is that a word)  They are not used to his quickness or speed.  Then they eventually get ay for him, but we bring back Brady or Demski, and run over defenders.

So as you said, he isn't big enough to really be a running back.  But like  a receiver, who gets a few balls a game, everyone bides their time  chips in when they get the chance and really keep the defence on their heels.

So, agreed he is a great change of pace back.
Buck has figured out how to co-odinate this offence.  Buck is or was very underrated.  But he has unusual toughness and he's smart also.  He runs plays  that crush defences, and of course the players hve to execute, or in Zac's  case just stand back there and throw TDs to wide open receivers.
A super fun offence to watch.