Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 02:59:17 PM
Any confirmation on Game  Day rosters?
specifically, if Bryant is out?
I assume Jeffcoat should sit due to a chronic injury.

What's the secondary going to look like?
Whoever lines up tomorrow, it's going to take a complete team effort to beat the Riders who still believe they have a shot at a Grey Cup.    Our 12-2 record won't keep us in first if we falter down the stretch and I have major concerns about our defence at the moment, despite the return of Alexander.

We will need to rely on our O for the win and Zach needs to stay dialled in and not turn the ball over or force throws into double or triple coverage.    This game is one of those "must wins" for both teams.....a win for the Riders will breathe life back into them and a loss for us will plant a few seeds of doubt in our locker room.

I'm expecting it to be close game and it might get very physical out there as these teams don't like each other.   Simply put, we can't sustain more critical injuries and expect to continue winning.   We are no longer in that position despite the bye week.  We could definitely use a Greg Ellingson, Drew Wolitarsky or a Karlton Agudosi in our receiving corp however there is no indication from MOS on that possibility happening soon.   

This pivotal game will reveal so much about both these teams and could very well be decided by a game winning walk off FG.   Batten down the hatches....and all hands on deck!
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 29, 2022, 03:39:53 PM
Whoever lines up tomorrow, it's going to take a complete team effort to beat the Riders who still believe they have a shot at a Grey Cup.    Our 12-2 record won't keep us in first if we falter down the stretch and I have major concerns about our defence at the moment, despite the return of Alexander.

We will need to rely on our O for the win and Zach needs to stay dialled in and not turn the ball over or force throws into double or triple coverage.    This game is one of those "must wins" for both teams.....a win for the Riders will breathe life back into them and a loss for us will plant a few seeds of doubt in our locker room.

I'm expecting it to be close game and it might get very physical out there as these teams don't like each other.   Simply put, we can't sustain more critical injuries and expect to continue winning.   We are no longer in that position despite the bye week.  We could definitely use a Greg Ellingson, Drew Wolitarsky or a Karlton Agudosi in our receiving corp however there is no indication from MOS on that possibility happening soon.   

This pivotal game will reveal so much about both these teams and could very well be decided by a game winning walk off FG.   Batten down the hatches....and all hands on deck!

I don't think Carlton will be back this season. Saw him on the sidelines at Tuesday's practice, wasn't moving very well. GE2 and Woli82 were playing catch, and both looked to be moving well.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gobombersgo

Game 15:

Taylor Allen   @TaylorAllen31
The #Bombers will be without DE Jackson Jeffcoat tomorrow night vs. #Riders. Cedric Wilcots II will start in his place. Wilcots has two tackles in nine games this season.

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
As many suspected, looks like #Bombers were just playing it safe with Stanley Bryant in holding him out of practice this week with ankle injury. He's in at left tackle vs. #Riders Friday. Jackson Jeffcoat is out and Cedric Wilcots starts.

Mitchell Blair   @mblairYQR
Dan Clark will be back on the #Riders OL when they play Winnipeg tomorrow.

Duke Williams
to miss one more game  because of his ankle.

x-Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Our depth chart for Friday's tilt vs @sskroughriders
https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1575485549162504192/photo/1
https://twitter.com/TaylorAllen31/status/1575487281859006464/photo/1

Saskatchewan Roughriders   @sskroughriders1h
The band's back together!

Here's how we'll lineup on the road in Winnipeg
https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1575534422027542528/photo/1

In:
Cedric Wilcots II

Out:
Jackson Jeffcoat

Transactions:

2022-09-29   WPG   WOLITARSKY, Drew   WR   N   Minnesota   Extend On   Injured
2022-09-29   WPG   TAYLOR, Nicholas   DB   N   Florida International   Extend On   Injured
2022-09-29   WPG   HANSEN, Thiadric   DL   A      Extend On   Injured
2022-09-29   WPG   HALLETT, Noah   DB   N   McMaster   Extend On   Injured
2022-09-29   WPG   CLEMENTS, Malik   LB   N   Cincinnati   Extend On   Injured
2022-09-29   WPG   JEFFCOAT, Jackson   DL   A   Texas   Transfer To   Injured
2022-09-29   WPG   WILCOTS, Cedric   DL   A   New Mexico State   Add To   Active Roster
2022-09-29   WPG   WILCOTS, Cedric   DL   A   New Mexico State   Remove Signed   Free Agent

3rdand1.5

Pigskin

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on October 01, 2022, 11:57:22 PM
Is Desmond Lawrence worth a look?

The Desmond Lawrence that plays for Hamilton

3rdand1.5

Yes 3 down Nation says they released him earlier today

bwiser

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on October 01, 2022, 11:57:22 PM
Is Desmond Lawrence worth a look?
I would invite him. No harm in taking a look. He was the Tiger Cats nominee for rookie of the year. He is still young and could be a good depth player.

Pigskin

Depth yes, upgrade maybe. I would go for it.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on October 02, 2022, 05:40:10 PM
I would invite him. No harm in taking a look. He was the Tiger Cats nominee for rookie of the year. He is still young and could be a good depth player.

Sure. He'd be worth a look as depth at the worst. I wonder why the Ti Cats released him. I know they got Danbridge back from his NFL tryout but still?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 02, 2022, 06:50:05 PM
Sure. He'd be worth a look as depth at the worst. I wonder why the Ti Cats released him. I know they got Danbridge back from his NFL tryout but still?

I thought Danbridge is with Ottawa??

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on October 02, 2022, 07:18:13 PM
I thought Danbridge is with Ottawa??

You're right, I don't know why I thought that.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers Transactions - October 4, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., October 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to the practice roster:
Global receiver Timothy Knuettel
Canadian receiver Luke McMillan
Canadian offensive lineman Jakub Szott

Released from the practice roster:
American receiver Kelvin McKnight

Aquired from Hamilton in trade Alden Darby Jr.
Going to Hamilton Cedric Wilcots II

BLUE BOMBERS ACQUIRE DEFENSIVE BACK ALDEN DARBY IN TRADE WITH HAMILTON

WINNIPEG, MB., October 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the acquisition of defensive back Alden Darby, Jr. in a trade with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for defensive end Cedric Wilcots II.

Darby, Jr. (5-11, 194, Arizona State; born: June 22, 1992) returns to the Blue Bombers after being part of the 2021 Grey Cup championship team. He signed with the Ticats in free agency.
A veteran of 64 Canadian Football League games with Toronto, the Blue Bombers and Hamilton, Darby has appeared in 10 contests with the Tiger-Cats this season, registering 23 tackles, one sack and one interception.

This is the second time the Blue Bombers have traded for Darby, Jr. in as many years, acquiring him during training camp last year in a deal with the Argonauts for offensive lineman Terry Poole.
Darby, Jr. dressed for 11 games for the Blue Bombers including the Western Final and Grey Cup last year, all starts, and finished with 34 tackles.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/10/04/blue-bombers-acquire-defensive-back-alden-darby-in-trade-with-hamilton/

Transactions:

2022-10-04   WPG   SZOTT, Jakub   OL   N   McMaster   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-04   WPG   MCKNIGHT, Kelvin   WR   A   Samford   Remove Unsigned   Free Agent
2022-10-04   WPG   DARBY, Alden   DB   A   Arizona State   Transfer To   Active Roster
2022-10-03   WPG   MCMILLAN, Luke   WR   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-03   WPG   KNUETTEL, Timothy      N      Add To   Free Agent

M.O.A.B.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed American defensive back Desmond Lawrence, who was released by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats this past week. He will be placed on the practice roster.

per 3down.

Pigskin

I like that we are stock piling a few DB's.

3rdand1.5

Feel for Wilcots as he helped us get to where we are, but I am very happy with the moves made, a couple D-lineman including one with pretty good stats in Sask. Darby who was an allstar for us last year, and Desmond Lawrence who showed well last year, plus the fellow with some NFL experience (Hassels?) getting a few games worth of practice and up to speed on the Canadian game on specials. We added a young Cdn O-lineman which is never a bad thing, a depth piece at Cdn receiver and a Global.

I think we have done great late season roster additions.