Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 14, 2022, 03:08:26 AM
Hence, I said, I have a feeling Rose might come off this Friday in favor of Agudosi/Harrison. Rene starts at the corner. How many TDs have Rose given up. I counted 3 already, maybe 4.

Never, nope, nada.  I'll bet anyone 10 Wrath Of Khans on this.  Rose is our #2 DB (IMHO).  Week 5 was awesome, only marred by the one (very tough) whiff.  Rose starts unless injured; all season.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Hence, I said, I have a feeling Rose might come off this Friday in favor of Agudosi/Harrison. Rene starts at the corner. How many TDs have Rose given up. I counted 3 already, maybe 4.

No chance. How many int's does he have or has he deflected to other team members?  If you replace a DB you replace the DI not the starter. Illogical thinking.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

That doesn't make sense, we have 7 starting Canadians without doing that. If we wanted, we could start one of them in place of McCrae, but I'd rather have McCrae personally.
I do think Rose is better, and obviously has the experience. I would also rank Ford ahead of Rene. I could see Rene coming into the lineup for Friday just because we are short Canadians, but only to back up.

Did I get that last part right Blue in BC?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on July 14, 2022, 01:23:49 PM
That doesn't make sense, we have 7 starting Canadians without doing that. If we wanted, we could start one of them in place of McCrae, but I'd rather have McCrae personally.
I do think Rose is better, and obviously has the experience. I would also rank Ford ahead of Rene. I could see Rene coming into the lineup for Friday just because we are short Canadians, but only to back up.

Lavigne had 6 tackles and a sack in the pre-season game against Sask. looking forward to what he can add, even if we only see him on ST.  They have him listed as backup to Rutledge.

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on July 14, 2022, 01:23:49 PM

Yes you did. Based on yesterday's transactions it doesn't seem McCrae or Rose were coming off or Rene coming on. I think Rose would only be coming off if his injury flared up again.

OTOH, in another string it was mentioned Agudosi was starting? So now I'm just waiting to see if they did make more changes today and figure out why. If he's coming in then somebody is coming off.

I'd think that would most likely be either Mack or Wilcots. However we need fresh DL to pressure BLM.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 14, 2022, 03:15:42 PM
Lavigne had 6 tackles and a sack in the pre-season game against Sask. looking forward to what he can add, even if we only see him on ST.  They have him listed as backup to Rutledge.
He must be better on ST than Rene since they are putting him in this week. He was drafted this year, so maybe that's a guy we are more interested in developing.

pdirks67

Depth chart for Calgary game has been posted. Agudosi is in. What do we do if Wolitarsky gets hurt?

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 14, 2022, 03:17:25 PM
Yes you did. Based on yesterday's transactions it doesn't seem McCrae or Rose were coming off or Rene coming on. I think Rose would only be coming off if his injury flared up again.

OTOH, in another string it was mentioned Agudosi was starting? So now I'm just waiting to see if they did make more changes today and figure out why. If he's coming in then somebody is coming off.

I'd think that would most likely be either Mack or Wilcots. However we need fresh DL to pressure BLM.
Yeah it looks like Mack is coming off. They must really see something in Wilcots to keep him on the active roster week after week! You'd think he wouldn't see much of the field with Willie and Jeffcoat on the ends...

Agudosi is starting so I'm sure we will see a good dose of McCrae in that slot as well.

Also, when Couture is back, will he replace Gray? I feel like Kolankowski has been a nice fit on the O-Line for us

LXTSN

Quote from: pdirks67 on July 14, 2022, 03:32:59 PM
Depth chart for Calgary game has been posted. Agudosi is in. What do we do if Wolitarsky gets hurt?
That's kind of what I was worried about going into this week.
We would probably run Augustine at a slot position or have a fullback run a little tight end action. I'm sure they are prepared for it, but we are really paper-thin at that position!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: pdirks67 on July 14, 2022, 03:32:59 PM

There are options but, I think the optimal move would be Augustine to the slot.

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on July 14, 2022, 03:34:25 PM
Yeah it looks like Mack is coming off. They must really see something in Wilcots to keep him on the active roster week after week! You'd think he wouldn't see much of the field with Willie and Jeffcoat on the ends...

Agudosi is starting so I'm sure we will see a good dose of McCrae in that slot as well.

Also, when Couture is back, will he replace Gray? I feel like Kolankowski has been a nice fit on the O-Line for us

You still need to keep Jeffcoat and Jefferson fresh so we'll see Hansen and Wilcots rotating in at times. Might see 3 DE's on the field at the same time for some sets.

I would expect Couture back at C when he's healthy. Gray has been improving but we'll see how that goes this week.

McCrae could rotate at SB but I think they'll give Agudosi a chance to make some plays. At 6'6" he'll be another big target for Collaros. He'll win some jump balls and be able to shield the ball avway from defenders. He's been around since 2021 so they must see something they like.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Game 6:

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Three lineup changes for the @Wpg_BlueBombers: Carlton Agudosi starts at SB for Brendan O'Leary-Orange. Also on the roster are Canadian LB/DB Cedrick Lavigne and DB Jamal Parker. Off are DB Evan Holm and DE L.B. Mack II

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
Carlton Agudosi makes his CFL debut Friday. Ellingson and Schoen both shuffle spots on the depth.

As predicted yesterday, Jamal Parker and Cedric Lavigne will make their CFL debuts.

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
All 6'6" and 220lbs of Carlton Agudosi will make his CFL debut Friday night - a big target with soft hands. #Bombers

In:
#26 Lavigne
#45 Parker
#86 Agudosi

Out:
#31 Holm
#52 Mack III
#84 O'Leary-Orange.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombersHow we line up versus the @calstampeders.
https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1547596640420188163/photo/1

Transactions:

2022-07-14   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-14   WPG   AGUDOSI, Carlton   WR   A   Rutgers   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-14   WPG   AGUDOSI, Carlton   WR   A   Rutgers   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-14   WPG   MACK, William   DL   A   Rhode Island   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-14   WPG   MACK, William   DL   A   Rhode Island   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Throw Long Bannatyne

"Ellingson and Schoen both shuffle spots on the depth."

What does this actually mean?

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 14, 2022, 07:23:49 PM
"Ellingson and Schoen both shuffle spots on the depth."

What does this actually mean?

Before Schoen is lining up in slotback on the boundary (besides Bailey) while Ellingson is lining up on the field side in (with Demski and Wolitarski).
Now, they switched sides on the depth chart. Although they move around during the game. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 14, 2022, 07:28:33 PM
Before Schoen is lining up in slotback on the boundary (besides Bailey) while Ellingson is lining up on the field side in (with Demski and Wolitarski).
Now, they switched sides on the depth chart. Although they move around during the game. 

That makes sense, "switch" and "swap" are better descriptors than shuffle, which is a random arrangement.