Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 14, 2022, 06:53:05 PM
It wont be the first Prukop will be cut. You saw his scramble but you did not see that it was his error not getting the ball at the first place. His 3rd yardage play is not automatic like Strevy's.

I'm kind of down on Prukup. I'm not sure what his role is supposed to be. He's not a QB you want to come into the game for any length of time. He more of a finesse type runner and that isn't usually as good for short yardage. I'd say McGuire was a much better short yardage QB than Prukup is. His athleticism saved him on the botched hold, but like you said, he's the one who botched the hold. Overall not very impressed. If Mancuso can hold and run short yardage I'd say we should release Prukup and use the SMS on someone who can help in September.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-06-14   WPG   MANCUSO, Joe   QB   A   Richmond   Add From Suspended   Active Roster
2022-06-14   WPG   PRUKOP, Dakota   QB   A   Oregon   Transfer To   Injured

Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Dakota Prukop has been moved to the 6-game injured list.

pdirks67

Darrin Bauming speculates that Mancuso might be our new short yardage guy with Prukop injured.

@DarrinBauming 6m
Significant loss for the #Bombers as short yardage QB Dakota Prukop has been placed on the 6-Game Injured List.
Winnipeg added big-bodied backup Joe Mancuso today, so he could be the new short yardage guy.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 14, 2022, 10:49:08 PM
Darrin Bauming speculates that Mancuso might be our new short yardage guy with Prukop injured.

@DarrinBauming 6m
Significant loss for the #Bombers as short yardage QB Dakota Prukop has been placed on the 6-Game Injured List.
Winnipeg added big-bodied backup Joe Mancuso today, so he could be the new short yardage guy.
He might need to be!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

Looks like we missed out on another db, Calgary just signed Trumaine Washington

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on June 15, 2022, 02:44:07 PM
Looks like we missed out on another db, Calgary just signed Trumaine Washington

It's a catch 22 situation. Unless there is an injury or a specific plan to replace a starter, adding a veteran is not easy. Neither of those situations exists at the moment. Washington may not have been affordable or preferred going to Calgary. I don't know if he was contacted by the Bombers and I think they like Parker that we have on our PR.

Risk assessments are fluid. Hindsight is 100%. We might have signed Pipkin earlier if we knew Prukop was going to get injured. OTOH, Lions NEEDED to sign another QB when the lost a QB in their last pre-season game.

Houston might be a better alternative as a back up than Washington. Younger, lower cost and experienced in our system. However, Houston has played 5 CFL games and Washington has played 39 games.

So having " missed out " falls into maybe, maybe not. I had suggested talking to his agent late during TC when he was released as a viable candidate.

Calgary started a couple of rookies in game 1 so this improves their depth at worst. In fact Washington could end up starting?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 14, 2022, 10:49:08 PM

@DarrinBauming 6m

Listed as 6'4" 215lbs, I'm hoping he has the strength to back it up! In watching a short youtube highlights clip, he does move pretty well actually.

I wonder if it will be him holding for field goals? Who would you have hold FG's in a perfect world? Defensive back to add an extra guy on missed FG coverage? Quarterback to prepare for potential fake field goals?
My opinion would be that we miss more FG's than we fake FG's and if we had a skilled defensive player (maybe a Hallett?), I think we would be better off.

DM83

The way this guy kicks field goals you better put someone who can tackle,...Maybe "Biggie" :)
Just for the record, (traditionally) most coaches want a guy who has good hands back there holding.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on June 15, 2022, 04:36:30 PM
Listed as 6'4" 215lbs, I'm hoping he has the strength to back it up! In watching a short youtube highlights clip, he does move pretty well actually.

I wonder if it will be him holding for field goals? Who would you have hold FG's in a perfect world? Defensive back to add an extra guy on missed FG coverage? Quarterback to prepare for potential fake field goals?
My opinion would be that we miss more FG's than we fake FG's and if we had a skilled defensive player (maybe a Hallett?), I think we would be better off.

Most QB's can hold, Dru Brown should add this skill to his resume if he hasn't already done so.  I figured they gave the holding job to Prukop just to give him more to do.

theaardvark

Maybe get the punter to hold....

Oh wait..

Nevermind...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

LXTSN

Maybe Augustine or Grant would be an option. I think both have good enough hands to get the snap down. Augustine plays lots of special teams anyway.

Not that this will be a game breaker anyway!

Blue In BC

I find the daily injury reports are still close to useless. Everyone is listed as questionable except Briggs as out.  Best guess is that Briggs could be out and I'd speculate that Rene might be the player to come on for ST's. Not many Canadians on the PR roster. Lavigne is on the PR as well. The other possible choice might be Dobson if he is healthy.

If Clements can't play I wonder who they activate off the PR? Perhaps Jeffcoat comes on and the rookie DE's both stay on the AR for this game.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Ed Tait @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers have released WR Kelvin McKnight

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 16, 2022, 12:27:19 PM
Ed Tait @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers have released WR Kelvin McKnight

Not entirely surprised but did they keep him a little longer due to an injury in TC? That leaves us Harrison on the PR as depth with Grant on the AR for in game injury / rotation.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 01:09:30 PM
Not entirely surprised but did they keep him a little longer due to an injury in TC? That leaves us Harrison on the PR as depth with Grant on the AR for in game injury / rotation.

Yup. we are very thin in receiver backup-wise. Maybe time to bring back some of our TC cuts. Or are there any recent released receivers worthy of being picked up ?