Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

Quote from: NewBlue on June 08, 2022, 08:27:56 PM
True, I forgot about McKnight and also Grant.  I guess we are OK with depth at NI WR, but still think we need someone after BOO.
Demski has missed games pretty often, has he not?  Just going by memory...
i don?t love our WR depth american or national. 3 canadian receivers when starting 2, not much american receiver depth and only 2 canadian running backs all confuse me.

DM83

I don't think Demski missed many games at all.  Who would they have him replaced with?  Maybe a game or one when McKnight might have dressed, and didn't catch a thing????

Is the Canadian receiver with three names any good?

gobombersgo

Game 1:

John Hodge   @JohnDHodge
Jackson Jeffcoat is OUT for tomorrow's game vs. Ottawa, as per Winnipeg's depth chart.

He'll be replaced by newcomer LB Mack III. That's a big loss for the Blue Bombers.

Ten of Ottawa's opening-day offensive starters were not on the roster last season.

The two holdovers are offensive tackle Dino Boyd and slotback Nate Behar.

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Jackson Jeffcoat is out this week as he deals with an ankle issue.
CFL rookie Cedric Wilcots gets the start at d-end.

And yes, I see L.B. Mack III listed as the starter. Wilcots has been the next guy.

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
No Jackson Jeffcoat for Friday (ankle). Dalton Schoen (pronounced 'Shown') and Donald Rutledge Jr. are rookies in the starting lineup.

Marc Liegghio is the only kicker ...Malcolm Thompson at safety ... and LB Mack starting at DE happened the last couple days.
2nd-rounder Tyrell Ford makes the roster!

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers depth chart for the home opener. No @elJEFEcoat44 this week, with rookie L.B. Mack III getting the start at DE. Other new faces include Dalton Schoen at SB, Malcolm Thompson at safety, Donald Rutledge, Jr. at dime, Tyquwan Glass at CB

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Here is Winnipeg Blue #Bombers roster for Friday's season opener against Ottawa #Redblacks. Jackson Jeffcoat out for Week 1. Dru Brown listed second on QB depth chart, for what it's worth. Rookie Dalton Schoen starts at SB. Marc Liegghio to handle all kicking chores. #CFL

Transactions:
2022-06-09   WPG   MCKNIGHT, Kelvin   WR   A   Samford   Transfer To   Injured
2022-06-09   WPG   DOBSON, Liam   OL   N   Maine   Transfer To   Injured
2022-06-09   WPG   JEFFCOAT, Jackson   DL   A   Texas   Transfer To   Injured

gobombersgo

GOLDMEMBER

4 new guys in key key spots on D. Be interesting to see how they perform.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

Darrin Bauming:
No game day scratch as the #Bombers dress 45 tonight.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
The lineup.

gobombersgo

Darren Cameron:
#Bombers have added American quarterback Joe Mancuso to the roster from the suspended list.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 14, 2022, 01:41:19 PM
Darren Cameron:
#Bombers have added American quarterback Joe Mancuso to the roster from the suspended list.

Can't take 4 QBs on the active roster so.... is Collaros out (IR) or Prukop is (cut) ?

Jesse

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 14, 2022, 01:56:30 PM
Can't take 4 QBs on the active roster so.... is Collaros out (IR) or Prukop is (cut) ?

Might have had to do this before cutting him and adding to the PR?

Otherwise I'd say Prukop cut.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 14, 2022, 01:56:30 PM

Uh-oh. I dunno. Same thought I had though.

theaardvark

Why in the world would anyone cut Prukop?  His holding scramble was epic, and while his short yardage needs some work, if you watched the RB's struggling to gain yards behind the Oline, I won't put any short yardage blame on Prukop.

Mancuso from suspended might be that he has made it back to town, and they are preping to put him on the PR, or that Collaros may be having residual effects and they are activating an emergency provision. 

Regardless, no one is getting cut.  Its either Collaros to the IR or Mancuso to the PR... In My Humble Opinion.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

@DarrinBauming
Mike Miller, Jesse Briggs, and QB Dakota Prukop are spectators at #Bombers practice today.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on June 14, 2022, 04:19:59 PM
Why in the world would anyone cut Prukop?  His holding scramble was epic, and while his short yardage needs some work, if you watched the RB's struggling to gain yards behind the Oline, I won't put any short yardage blame on Prukop.

Mancuso from suspended might be that he has made it back to town, and they are preping to put him on the PR, or that Collaros may be having residual effects and they are activating an emergency provision. 

Regardless, no one is getting cut.  Its either Collaros to the IR or Mancuso to the PR... In My Humble Opinion.

I agree, as long as they can dress 3 QB's Prukop has a big role to fill.  He's a dynamic runner and if they can spring him loose a few times a game, that will cover his paycheque.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on June 14, 2022, 04:19:59 PM

It wont be the first Prukop will be cut. You saw his scramble but you did not see that it was his error not getting the ball at the first place. His 3rd yardage play is not automatic like Strevy's.

Pigskin

Miller hasn't practiced much this season. Briggs had a leg injury last game. Prukop????
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.