Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 01, 2022, 05:48:34 PM
The 3-4 would have Wilson/Bighill defending the run / rushing the passer.  Pretty solid talent.

Of course, it depends on game situation, field position, down and distance... just saying that Wilson at WIL should remain, moving inside with a DB outside (maybe Ford) in the 3-4 when the opportunity avails.

It's the other 2 LB's that come into question in a passing down. If 1 of them is Briggs or Gauthier it's a bad idea.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

I think fans are the only ones who discuss a 4-3 or a 3-4.

The actual formations change for almost every down and distance and include more variety than 4 vs 3 linemen.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on June 01, 2022, 06:48:44 PM
I think fans are the only ones who discuss a 4-3 or a 3-4.

The actual formations change for almost every down and distance and include more variety than 4 vs 3 linemen.

The 3-4 and 4-3 conversations seem like more of an NFL thing. Both alignments exist in the CFL for sure but in the NFL you have teams making big personnel decisions around one base defense over the other. Both are viable depending on who you have. In the CFL it's more mushy. All CFL defenses give both looks throughout the game usually.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 01, 2022, 07:51:58 PM
The 3-4 and 4-3 conversations seem like more of an NFL thing. Both alignments exist in the CFL for sure but in the NFL you have teams making big personnel decisions around one base defense over the other. Both are viable depending on who you have. In the CFL it's more mushy. All CFL defenses give both looks throughout the game usually.

Which is why our coaches have looked for very versatile athletic players. We use 4 DE's at times, 4 LB's or 7 DB's as well.

After watching the pre season games we've got lots of players that fit in that category. Who wins out and why IDK. Injuries are going to dictate some short term choices made this weekend.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 01, 2022, 07:51:58 PM

It is more of NFL, many CFL teams have used the 3-4 as a base defense in the past.

Sir Blue and Gold

The Bombers also announced Thursday morning that they have released 11 players from the roster. The following names have been cut:

American linebacker Darian Taylor
American receiver BJ Mucklevene
American receiver Whop Philyor
American running back Shane Simpson
American offensive lineman Leon Johnson
American defensive end Jordan Berner
American defensive back Corey Straughter
American defensive back Josh Miller
American defensive back Zach Hannibal
American defensive back Javon Jackson
National offensive lineman Brandon Sanford

(Source: Free Press, this just in)

theaardvark

Will be interesting to see what the PR looks like.... betting Mucklevane, Phylor and at least one of these DB's end up on it...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

kkc60

Quote from: theaardvark on June 02, 2022, 03:36:31 PM
Will be interesting to see what the PR looks like.... betting Mucklevane, Phylor and at least one of these DB's end up on it...
doubt it. PR guys will either be announced with final cuts or shortly after.

I thought I had heard good things about Mucklevane. Guess wasn?t enough

M.O.A.B.

Some of these cut might not want to reside in PR and just receive a small $ on weekly basis.

the paw

Quote from: kkc60 on June 02, 2022, 03:51:50 PM
doubt it. PR guys will either be announced with final cuts or shortly after.

I thought I had heard good things about Mucklevane. Guess wasn?t enough

I think Schoen has shone.  He, as well as the two Jacksons, are making their case and guys like Mucklevane and Whop are the casualties.  I am kind of surprised McKnight is still around. 
grab grass 'n growl

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-06-02   WPG   TAYLOR, Darian   LB   A   Pittsburg State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   STRAUGHTER, Corey   DB   A   Louisiana At Monroe (NE)   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   SIMPSON, Shane   RB   A   Virginia   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   SANFORD, Brandon   OL   N   UBC   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   PHILYOR, Mister   WR   A   Indiana   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   MUCKELVENE, BJ   WR   A   Wingate University   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   MILLER, Josh   DB   N   Ball State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   JOHNSON, Leon   OL   A   Temple   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   JACKSON, Javon   DB   A   West Georgia   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   HANNIBAL, Zach   DB   A   Louisiana Tech   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-02   WPG   BERNER, Jordan   DL   A   Southern Illinois   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
11 released as the #Bombers wrap their preseason.
DB Josh Miller the lone returning player from 2021.

kkc60

have cuts been announced yet? looks like Lucky Jackson didn?t make the squad and Cedric Wilcots did

Blue In BC

Quote from: kkc60 on June 04, 2022, 09:51:55 PM
have cuts been announced yet? looks like Lucky Jackson didn?t make the squad and Cedric Wilcots did

What else have you heard about cuts?  Bombers always seem slow to make the announcements even though they've been made.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

WINNIPEG, MB., June 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from roster:

National defensive lineman Alfred Green
National defensive back Simon Chaves
National defensive back Chris Ciguineau
American defensive lineman Kenny Randall
National offensive lineman Ben Koczwara
American offensive lineman Jalen Burks
American offensive linemanPatrick Allen
American offensive lineman Dennis Bardwell
American receiver TJ Simmons
American receiver Blake Jackson
American receiver Antonio Nunn
National fullback Antonio Valvano
American defensive back Jermaine Ponder
National running back Kyle Borsa
American receiver Lucky Jackson
National defensive end Rossini Sandjong
National linebacker Eric Mezzalira
National defensive lineman Cole Adamson (returning to school)

Added to practice roster:

American receiver Tavaris Harrison
American kicker Ali Mourtada
American offensive lineman Eric Lofton
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw
American running back Greg McCrae
National defensive back Cedrick Lavigne
American offensive lineman Cameron Durley
National defensive back Patrice Rene
American defensive back Jamal Parker
American defensive back Evan Holm
Global offensive lineman Tomoya Machino
Global defensive back Souleymane Karamoko

Added to Suspended:

Global punter Tom Hackett
American receiver Carlton Agudosi

The club's injury lists will be announced on Thursday, June 9.

kkc60

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 04, 2022, 10:02:32 PM
What else have you heard about cuts?  Bombers always seem slow to make the announcements even though they've been made.
just went off social media. Jackson had his bio as ?free agent? and Winston Rose announced about Wilcox