Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Apparently, Tyrell Ford is an excellent returner... could save a DI spot...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on May 04, 2022, 11:28:22 PM

I'd say almost zero chance Grant isn't the primary returner. He has 4 return TD's in 17 games.  Ford could be used in dual returners on the field or in relief to develop that skill set.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 04, 2022, 11:42:53 PM
I'd say almost zero chance Grant isn't the primary returner. He has 4 return TD's in 17 games.  Ford could be used in dual returners on the field or in relief to develop that skill set.
Agree, especially with the new rules making punt and kickoff returns even more important. however, with Grant being a bit injury prone,  we certainly need a decent backup.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on May 04, 2022, 11:28:22 PM

He won't be the primary returner but his speed and athleticism can be useful as a gunner in the cover unit.

Nic16

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 04, 2022, 07:55:07 PM
I did not notice you put Dobson in OT. That's a big gamble. You don't want to put a pure rookie OL in one of the Tackle position and endangered Collaros.
Unless you want to pick 1st in the CFL draft '23.

My mistake?I meant to put OL not OT

I think the BB may go with 2 backup OL.

Nic16

Very early guess @ the AR which I think is supposed to be a 45 man.

Starting 24

QB Collaros
RB Oliveira
WR Saunders
SB Bailey
RT Hardrick
RG Neufeld
C Couture
LG Gray
LT Bryant
SB Demski
SB Elllingson
WR Woliguitarsky

DE Jefferson
DT Sayles
DT Wicker
DE Jeffcoat
SAM Maston
MLB Biggie
WIL Wilson
CB Rose
HB Nichols
S Noah Hallet
HB Taylor
CB Glass

DIs
Ret/Rec Grant 
K Mourtado   
LB Clements or  DB  Houston
DE Wilcott

Global Punter Hackett

LS  Benson

Backups
QB Prukop
RB Augustine
FB Miller
OG Dobson
OC Kolankoski
Rec Orange
DT Thomas
DT Lawson
LB Gauthier
LB Briggs
LB Mezzalira
S   Kramdi
DB Rene
DB Ford
Global Maruo

Hopefully Leggs beats out Mourtada so the DI decision is made easier and Mourtada can go on the PR.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-05-04   WPG   FORD, Tyrell      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-04   WPG   ADAMSON, Cole      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-04   WPG   DIXON, Keyion   WR   A   Eastern Kentucky   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-04   WPG   BURTENSHAW, Konner      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-04   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-04   WPG   KAPELANSKI, Jeremy      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-04   WPG   CIGUINEAU, Chris      N      Add To   Draft

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS ADD RECEIVER TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., May 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American wide receiver Keyion Dixon.

Dixon (6-3, 185, Eastern Kentucky; February 10, 1998 in Glastonbury, CT) comes to the Blue Bombers after a four-year career with the Eastern Kentucky Colonels. In 2020, Dixon entered the season chosen as a pre-season All-Ohio Valley Conference by Phil Steele and started all 9 games during the Covid-19 shortened season. He led his team in catches and yards in 2019 and 2020 while finding the endzone seven times in that two-year span. Along with catching the ball, Dixon was used as the Colonels primary kick-returner in 2018.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/04/blue-bombers-add-receiver-to-roster/

Blue In BC

Quote from: Nic16 on May 05, 2022, 03:32:13 AM
Very early guess @ the AR which I think is supposed to be a 45 man.

Starting 24

QB Collaros
RB Oliveira
WR Saunders
SB Bailey
RT Hardrick
RG Neufeld
C Couture
LG Gray
LT Hardrick
SB Demski
SB Elllingson
WR Woliguitarsky

DE Jefferson
DT Sayles
DT Wicker
DE Jeffcoat
SAM Maston
MLB Biggie
WIL Wilson
CB Rose
HB Nichols
S Noah Hallet
HB Taylor
CB Glass

DIs
Ret/Rec Grant 
K Mourtado   
LB Clements or  DB  Houston
DE Wilcott

Global Punter Hackett

LS  Benson

Backups
QB Prukop
RB Augustine
FB Miller
OG Dobson
OC Kolankoski
Rec Orange
DT Thomas
DT Lawson
LB Gauthier
LB Briggs
LB Mezzalira
S   Kramdi
DB Rene
DB Ford
Global Maruo

Hopefully Leggs beats out Mourtada so the DI decision is made easier and Mourtada can go on the PR.

Specific choices aside I agree with most of the selections. I'd change a couple possibly. You could add the # 46 non dressed as a Canadian choice.

You show an all import starting DL but still have another one as a DI. Technically possible but switching to 2 import starting DT's means we definitely can't start an all import secondary.

Depending on who the final choices are for DI's we might not have an import DB available in game to cover an injury. Ditto any 6 man DB sets.

Interesting that you did decide to roster two global players ( that might happen ) instead of the additional Canadian choice.

Dobson might be back and that's the hope. Alternatively Eli is still possible. So Koczwara most likely gets bumped to PR. This is in limbo for a few more days to see if either returns.

We have about 20 rookie import DB's or receivers and none of them make the AR? This falls into the who knows category. We might find the next Lawler or Alford that pushes a CFL veteran like Saunders or Glass to a DI position.

I had expected Borsa to make the roster as a back up but he could end up on the PR just as easily.  Or he could be the # 46 non dressed player.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Imagining having 2 Hardricks at RT and LT that will be riot every TD.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 05, 2022, 02:01:12 PM

LOL. I missed the typo replacing Bryant with an alternate universe extra Hardrick.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Nic16

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 05, 2022, 02:01:12 PM

Lol I was watching hockey at the same time.

gobombersgo

BOMBERS ADD RB GREG MCCRAE, PAIR OF RECEIVERS

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed American running back/returner Greg McCrae and American receivers Eli Stove and Tavaris Harrison.

McCrae (five-foot-10, 175 pounds, UCF; born: January 21, 1998 in Miami, FL) joins the Blue Bombers after a spectacular career at the University of Central Florida. There, McCrae left his mark in the team's history books having earned himself the highest yards-per-carry with an average of 6.45. He ranks fourth in school history with 29 career rushing touchdowns and fourth with 2,620 rushing yards. In 2021, McCrae spent time with the Toronto Argonauts.

Stove (six-foot, 191 pounds, Auburn; born: June 21, 1998 in Niceville, FL) spent five seasons with the Auburn Tigers, becoming one of the best wideouts in school history. He recorded 136 catches which is fifth in team history and 1,194 yards.

In addition to receiving the ball, Stove also rushed for 543 yards on 54 carries. Stove earned himself 10 total touchdowns and was named to the Mayo Clinic Comeback Player of the Year watch list after suffering a season ending knee injury in 2018. Prior to signing with the Blue Bombers, Stove signed with the National Football League's Los Angeles Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2021.

Harrison (six-foot-three, 190 pounds, FAU; born: June 4, 1995 in North Miami, FL) joins the Blue Bombers after a five-year college career at Florida Atlantic University. Over that time, Harrison appeared in a total of 50 games, caught 80 passes for 1,272 yards and 3 touchdowns.

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/06/bombers-add-rb-greg-mccrae-pair-of-receivers/

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-05-06   WPG   MCCRAE, Greg   RB   A   Central Florida   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-06   WPG   STOVE, Eli   WR   A   Auburn   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-06   WPG   HARRISON, Tavaris   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-06   WPG   CHAVES, Simon   DB   N   Guelph   Add To   Active Roster

2022-05-06   WPG   BURTENSHAW, Konner   FB   N   Queen's   Add From Draft   Active Roster
2022-05-06   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   DB   N   Carleton   Add From Draft   Active Roster
2022-05-06   WPG   CIGUINEAU, Chris   DB   N   Ottawa   Add From Draft   Active Roster

2022-05-06   WPG   MCMILLAN, Luke      N      Add To   Territorial Exemption
2022-05-06   WPG   FUNK-CLEMENTS, Joseph      N      Add To   Territorial Exemption
2022-05-06   WPG   CHORNEY, Kyle      N      Add To   Territorial Exemption
2022-05-06   WPG   LEANO, Miguel      N      Add To   Territorial Exemption

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 7, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., May 7, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

National  defensive back Chris Ciguineau (2022 CFL Draft selection)
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw (2022 CFL Draft selection)
National defensive back Simon Chaves (Guelph)