Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS EXTEND CONTRACT OF CFL'S MOST OUTSTANDING LINEMAN STANLEY BRYANT

WINNIPEG, MB., January 19, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract with all-star offensive tackle Stanley Bryant.

Bryant
(6-5, 306, East Carolina; born: May 7, 1986 in Goldsboro, N.C.) is one of the most decorated linemen in Blue Bombers and Canadian Football League history.

Named to the CFL All-Star team for a sixth time in 2021 at left tackle, Bryant was also selected as the CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman and in so doing became the first player in league history to win that award three times, after having previously been honoured in 2017 and 2018 was the runner-up for the award in 2019.

Bryant was also named the Blue Bombers Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman for a fifth time in 2021 and has been so honoured seven times in his career, including in 2011 and 2013 as a member of the Calgary Stampeders.

Bryant has been a mainstay on the left side of the Bombers offensive line since first signing with the club as a free agent in 2015. He was part of an offence that led the CFL in scoring in 2021 and anchored a unit that surrendered the fewest quarterback sacks while helping three different running backs compile the second best rushing totals in the league this season.

As durable as he is dominant, Bryant had dressed for 103 consecutive games for the Bombers since his arrival in 2015 before that streak was snapped as he was rested for a game against Montreal in November.

He has now appeared in 169 regular season games with the Bombers and Stampeders and has three Grey Cup championships to his name: 2021 and 2019 with Winnipeg and 2014 with Calgary.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/21/blue-bombers-extend-contract-cfls-outstanding-lineman-stanley-bryant/

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-01-21   WPG   COLLAROS, Zach   QB   A   Cincinnati   Add To   Active Roster
2022-01-21   WPG   BIGHILL, Adam   LB   A   Central Washington   Add To   Active Roster
2022-01-19   WPG   BRIGGS, Jesse   LB   N   McGill   Add To   Active Roster

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gobombersgo

Update on the Bombers 15 West Division All-Stars:

Zach Collaros - re-signed Jan 20 2022 for 1 year

Kenny Lawler

Nic Demski - under contract for 2022

Stanley Bryant - re-signed Jan 21 2022 for 1 year

Jermarcus Hardrick - re-signed Jan 6 2022 for 1 year

Pat Neufeld - re-signed Jan 11 2022 for 1 year

Drew Desjarlais - released Jan 25 2022 to sign in NFL

Adam Bighill - re-signed Jan 20 2022 for 1 year

Jackson Jeffcoat - re-signed Jan 7 2022 for 1 year

Willie Jefferson - re-signed Jan 7 2022 for 1 year

Brandon Alexander

Alden Darby

DeAundre Alford - was under contract, released Jan 10 2022 to sign with Atlanta

Deatrick Nichols - under contract for 2022

Mike Miller - re-signed Jan 13 2022 for 1 year

Pigskin

I think Lawler will sniff around the NFL a little longer. Bailey will be 29 this year, and was in NFL camps from 2015-2018, Eagles, Chargers, Browns, Panthers, and the Jaguars. He was in BC for a cup of coffee in 2015 but left to return to the NFL. ZC8 and RB88 had some good chemistry last season. If Lawler gets a long look in the NFL Bailey could become our #1 go to receiver.

3rdand1.5

Bryant is s HUGE signing! wooohooooo

Throw Long Bannatyne

Lawler and Bailey both remain unsigned and may be waiting till free agency to gauge outside interest.  If either ask too much or sign elsewhere, I would look at Ricky Collins as a reasonable one year replacement for either that shouldn't break the bank. He might not ever be a standout #1 receiver, but I believe he's versatile enough to fit in well with the group receiving corps. mentality were everyone throws blocks as well as catches balls. He has decent speed, good hands and is as tough as Bailey.  He's been around and around the league like Don Unamba but plays pretty well everywhere he lands.

dd

Both Bailey and Lawler can check out the FA market if they so choose, they be both worked hard to get where they?re at and you only play so many years in any league. I hope we can resign them, but if not, there are other FA receivers out there-Burnham would be one I d check out and Collins as mentioned is another and there are others who can fit in here. I ve heard burnham has turn d us down in the past, but th8ngs change, if he ever wants to have a chance at winning the cup before he retires, he?ll come here, same with other FA receivers.

As for Bailey and Lawler chances of making the nfl, not even close. They can go try if they want but every tam has lists of prospects , they?re better off staying in the Cfl.

DM83

Hey Strevlor got in a roster!  Anything is possible.
Lawler and Bailey are very. Good.
But if you compare them to a Tyreke Hill, it's laughable?,they would look very slow.

But Lawler might. Hook up on a taxi squad.  If Bailey has been there done that. Then he is done.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Drew Desjarlais getting an insane amount of attention from the NFL, I think this keeps him busy for at least a full year if not longer.  Time to get after Cody Speller if they can't convince Eli to come back.

Dave Naylor
@TSNDaveNaylor
. @Wpg_BlueBombers GM Kyle Walters says 12-13 @nfl workouts for Cdn OL Drew Desjarlais, expects him to sign with one of them. #bombers
9:11 AM ? Jan 24, 2022

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS RE-SIGN LONG-SNAPPER MIKE BENSON

WINNIPEG, MB., January 24, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with Canadian long-snapper Mike Benson, who was scheduled to become a free agent next month.

Benson
(5-11, 225; Acadia University; born: May 13, 1987, in Winnipeg, MB) returns to the Blue Bombers for a second season with the club and ninth in the Canadian Football League in 2022.

Benson's first year with his hometown team was a memorable one, as he played an integral role a dominant season capped by victory in the 108th Grey Cup. The club's long-snapper and a reserve linebacker, Benson played in all 14 regular-season games and both the Western Final and Grey Cup, capturing the first championship of his career.

Benson first joined the Blue Bombers as a free agent in February of 2021, following a career that began in Edmonton in 2013 and then took him to the B.C., where he played from 2014-18, followed by a stop in Ottawa in 2019. He had signed with Montreal in 2020 but the cancellation of the CFL season that year made him a free agent again the following February.

A product of St. Paul's High School and the Winnipeg Rifles program before he attended Acadia, Benson has appeared in 103 regular-season CFL games.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/24/blue-bombers-re-sign-long-snapper-mike-benson/

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-01-24   WPG   OLUMBA, Donovan   DB   A   Portland State   Add To   Active Roster
2022-01-24   WPG   BENSON, Mike   LS   N   Acadia   Add To   Active Roster

Pigskin

Slow day to day. What, about 13 days left. Mr. Walters has some work to do.

kkc60

Quote from: Pigskin on January 25, 2022, 09:34:08 PM
Slow day to day. What about 13 days left. Mr. Walters has some work to do.
I'd say Walters has been relatively busy.

GOLDMEMBER

What the heck is Alexander waiting for?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!