Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

road griller

Quote from: the paw on January 21, 2022, 01:10:55 AM
I am much relieved.

I have a hunch Harris will end up in Toronto. But logically, Ottawa, BC, Toronto are all possible.

I think you are right with TO.  Rourke looks good in BC. Harris is way better than MBT .  Mazoli to Ottawa? Who knows?..

Dunk says 550 for  Collaros, good deal for both sides.

Jesse

Pinball has said that MBT is who they?re planning on having.

Farhan and Naylor discussed BC as a possible place for Harris in the event that Reilly retires. Kind of a 1b/mentor for Rourke.

Sask, Calgary, Hamilton, and Winnipeg are set at QB.

Jones wants competition in Edmonton, but not sure who else he can bring in.

BC wants Reilly to restructure again, but will he agree?

Toronto with ongoing negotiations with MBT.

Ottawa left holding the bag and taking whoever is left to go with their collection of kids?
My wife is amazing!

road griller

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2022, 02:20:21 AM

Farhan and Naylor discussed BC as a possible place for Harris in the event that Reilly retires. Kind of a 1b/mentor for Rourke.

Ottawa left holding the bag and taking whoever is left to go with their collection of kids?

Interesting times, some would argue Sask is ?set? at QB with Crossbar Cody though?.

gobombersgo

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton
Per my story, I'm hearing Bighill has come in at $160,000, plus incentives for 2022. He said he was happy with his contract and you know the Bombers are thrilled to have him back.

gobombersgo

Bombers make quarterback Zach Collaros the CFL's highest-paid player
January 20, 2022 By Justin Dunk

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have rewarded quarterback Zach Collaros by making him the highest-paid player in the CFL for the 2022 season.

Collaros will earn $550,000 - all hard money - on the one-year contract extension he signed for his QB services during the upcoming campaign. That's over a $125,000 raise from what the 33-year-old took home in 2021.

For putting his signature on the dotted line, Collaros received an $87,000 signing bonus, when he makes the active roster for the first time he'll collect $151,000 along with a $300,000 base salary and $12,000 in housing.

If Michael Reilly does continue playing, his currently scheduled salary of $575,000 will be restructured lower than what Collaros is slated to collect. It's likely the only other quarterback who could earn over $500,000 is Cody Fajardo of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, he has an agreement worth $509,000 in hard money for 2022.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/20/bombers-make-quarterback-zach-collaros-the-cfls-highest-paid-player/

Jesse

Quote from: road griller on January 21, 2022, 02:24:07 AM
Interesting times, some would argue Sask is ?set? at QB with Crossbar Cody though?.

?Set? in that he is under contract and they?re likely not in the market for a FA QB.

Not ?set? like he?s a capable QB - especially with Duke Williams heading to FA.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: gobombersgo on January 21, 2022, 02:37:37 AM
Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton
Per my story, I'm hearing Bighill has come in at $160,000, plus incentives for 2022. He said he was happy with his contract and you know the Bombers are thrilled to have him back.
My gosh, that?s a steal of a deal. How come the offensive mvp gets north of $500k and the defensive mvp south of $200, seems out of whack, but it is what it is I guess. Fajardo gets $509, redonkulous!!

road griller

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2022, 02:52:13 AM
?Set? in that he is under contract and they?re likely not in the market for a FA QB.

Not ?set? like he?s a capable QB - especially with Duke Williams heading to FA.

Lol, no but they should be.....

Pigskin

AB4 at $160K is an excellent deal for the bombers.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TBURGESS

Biggie @ $160K is a great deal. Two huge signings in the same day. Queue the happy dance.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

3rdand1.5

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2022, 02:20:21 AM

I think Montreal is also happy with there QB, so I would say there also set.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on January 21, 2022, 04:55:57 PM
I think Montreal is also happy with there QB, so I would say there also set.

Whoops. Forgot about Montreal. Obviously they're also set.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on January 21, 2022, 05:14:04 PM
Whoops. Forgot about Montreal. Obviously they're also set.

And they have a solid backup, something we really need to find. Come on down to Winnerpeg Mr. Strev.

Pigskin

Kind of figured BO20 and Woli82 would have inked new contracts by now.