Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

I'm thinking the job of resigning lower cost players here is an easy one, because playoff money is a huge incentive, and many of these players have cashed 2 $34k playoff cheques the last two years, and no reason not to think it won't happen again....
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

RebusRankin

How much is too much to pay Collaros?

road griller

Quote from: RebusRankin on January 20, 2022, 02:33:50 AM
How much is too much to pay Collaros?

I think 550k would be fair for both sides.  If not Trevor Harris for 250-300 would be fine with me.  Load up even more in other positions. 

theaardvark

Darren Cameron
@Darren_Cameron
?
13m
#Bombers have extended the contract of the CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player Adam Bighill through 2022. A three-time Grey Cup champion and three-time winner of the DOPY award is back for his fourth season in Blue and Gold.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Another excellent signing by the bomber.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on January 20, 2022, 12:52:05 AM
I'm thinking the job of resigning lower cost players here is an easy one, because playoff money is a huge incentive, and many of these players have cashed 2 $34k playoff cheques the last two years, and no reason not to think it won't happen again....

I think you're right, great incentive for attracting Natl. foot-soldiers who only play ST.

theaardvark

Luc Mullinder@lucmull95
?

Anyone else getting sick of the @Wpg_BlueBombers re-signing all of their Championship Pieces???
#CFL #DynastyInTheMaking #ChampionshipCore

Pigskin

There are a lot of players left to sign.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Horseman

Quote from: theaardvark on January 20, 2022, 05:27:55 PM
Luc Mullinder@lucmull95
?

Anyone else getting sick of the @Wpg_BlueBombers re-signing all of their Championship Pieces???
#CFL #DynastyInTheMaking #ChampionshipCore

In a word...NO.

the paw

Quote from: road griller on January 20, 2022, 02:47:32 AM
I think 550k would be fair for both sides.  If not Trevor Harris for 250-300 would be fine with me.  Load up even more in other positions. 

Trevor Harris will cost more than that.  His resume is going to command north of $400k, particularly when Arbuckle and Evans are already in that neighborhood.  Which is still reasonable, because we paid Zach over 400 last year, so a similar number for Harris would be fair and not upset the applecart.
grab grass 'n growl

road griller

Quote from: the paw on January 20, 2022, 06:03:07 PM
Trevor Harris will cost more than that.  His resume is going to command north of $400k, particularly when Arbuckle and Evans are already in that neighborhood.  Which is still reasonable, because we paid Zach over 400 last year, so a similar number for Harris would be fair and not upset the applecart.

Maybe so but would most teams put Harris last in the list of 3?  Probably, his age alone is a big strike against him and if he wants to win one more time?..?  Winnipeg is the place to be.  Even 350 and playoff money pays him well.  We won with Collaros playing pretty average or below in the playoffs this year, I still think we win with a Harris type performance.  Especially without the ints.
That said Collaros is still the best option but not at 650 or something crazy like that imo.

Jesse

Quote from: the paw on January 20, 2022, 06:03:07 PM

Harris might be on the outside looking in.

He is not guarenteed a starting position (and salary) at all.
My wife is amazing!

3rdand1.5

Based on what's out for number Fajardo at just over 500k being the current highest paid QB, ZC has to be higher but IMO if it's creeping up to 600 or greater it hurts the overall team too much.

He is choice 1, but I believe if we get most of our other pieces with our system we can emulate last year without ZC. I don't believe we can emulate last year without most of our other pieces and ZC therefore I stand by the opinion that I want him back in Blue but not at the expense of the other key parts ie. the "Reilly" effect.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on January 20, 2022, 06:34:33 PM
Harris might be on the outside looking in.

He is not guarenteed a starting position (and salary) at all.

It depends how much MBT is asking for, I'm sure he's looking for his big payday but is any team ready to pay him in the ballpark of $450,000 to start?  I'm not sure what the Argos are planning to do, they may bargain for Harris or go hard after Masoli.