Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

Quote from: the paw on January 12, 2022, 03:58:09 PM
Kongbo is a major loss.  He likely gets replaced by a DI.  That means Griffiths might have to step up to rotate with Fatboi, and if Leggs can actually placekick it would free up a DI spot.  Not insurmountable, but it narrows options.
Pretty sure Griffiths retired

Pigskin

Quote from: kkc60 on January 12, 2022, 04:52:25 PM
Pretty sure Griffiths retired

Yes, he did before the start of last year.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: the paw on January 12, 2022, 03:58:09 PM
Kongbo is a major loss.  He likely gets replaced by a DI.  That means Griffiths might have to step up to rotate with Fatboi, and if Leggs can actually placekick it would free up a DI spot.  Not insurmountable, but it narrows options.

Connor Griffiths?  He officially retired prior to this season.

the paw

grab grass 'n growl

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GCn19

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 12, 2022, 06:20:42 PM
J. Kongbo released

Not a shocker

I was actually quite surprised he got NFL interest again. Not very often a guy comes back from the NFL, plays part time here, then goes back. I guess they really think he's got some upside.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: the paw on January 12, 2022, 05:28:54 PM
Doh!

How did I miss that?

I completely forgot about him and didn't pick up on his absence until after the G.C.!

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on January 12, 2022, 05:28:54 PM
Doh!

How did I miss that?

Nothing stops him from unretiring but he may have career opportunities that out weigh football.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 12, 2022, 07:58:19 PM
Nothing stops him from unretiring but he may have career opportunities that out weigh football.

I think Griffith probably made the decision when they cancelled the 2020 season, just one of those guys that had to move on with his life.

gobombersgo

For the record Connor Griffiths is not officially retired. He was placed on the Bombers' suspended list July 10 when he didn't report to camp.

He is officially a pending free agent.

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS EXTEND CONTRACT OF SPECIAL TEAMS ACE MIKE MILLER

WINNIPEG, MB., January 13, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with Canadian fullback Mike Miller.

Miller (6-0, 218; Acadia University; born: March 15, 1989 in Riverview, NB) returns for an 11th season in the Canadian Football League, the last four with the Blue Bombers.

One of the greatest special-teams players in CFL history, Miller became the league's all-time leader in special-teams tackles in a game in Toronto on August 21st, moving past Jason Arakgi, the long-time linebacker with the B.C. Lions. Miller now has 210 career special-teams tackles after leading the league with 25 in 2021.

Highly respected across the CFL, Miller was the Bombers Most Outstanding Special Teams Player in 2019 and was the runner-up for league honours in that department.

Undrafted, Miller first broke into the league with Edmonton in 2011 and played six seasons there before joining the Blue Bombers as a free agent in 2017. He has not missed a single game in four seasons in Winnipeg, suiting up for 68 games in the regular season and playing a key role in the back-to-back Grey Cup championships of 2019-2021.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/13/blue-bombers-extend-contract-special-teams-ace-mike-miller/

Blue In BC

Some rumour over on Lionbackers that Streveler might be returning to the CFL. No destination mentioned but we should be in the running. Of the choices that exist with potential free agents, he'd be closer to the top of those QB's that might move to another team.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Collaros has been well protected behind our Oline, and with our OC's play calling.  As long as we sign most of our Oline to keep him safe and comfortable, and Buck can assure him to continue to playcall to keep him safer, I can't see us not getting Collaros back at a reasonable salary.  It might be the highest in the league, and he would deserve it.  Having won MOP last year, kinda says he's the best in the league... and deserving of the pay along with the accolades.  But, I think, he also wants assurances he is going to be protected, so unless a team comes up with some stellar Oline signings, if Bryant extends, I think Collaros is right behind...

The wild card is Ott.  Lapo has big "Hut HUT" Bob Wylie there, who light attracts and train up a good oline... although Lapo / Wylie's crew gave up 53 sacks last year vs. our 16... how much of that was Oline and how much was QB, hard to tell.  Regardless, Zach needs to be protected, and he won't find better protection than here, especially if Stanley signs soon...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 13, 2022, 04:35:51 PM
Some rumour over on Lionbackers that Streveler might be returning to the CFL. No destination mentioned but we should be in the running. Of the choices that exist with potential free agents, he'd be closer to the top of those QB's that might move to another team.

I can see him signing in BC...  or Toronto... or even Ott before signing here, unless we lose Collaros...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I can see Strv. signing a one year deal to be right back here in Winnipeg backing up ZC8, but getting a fair amount of playing time like in the 2019 GC.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.