Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2021-12-30   WPG   HAMPTON, Mike   DB   A   South Florida   Add To   Active Roster
2021-12-30   WPG   BROWN, Dru   QB   A   Oklahoma State   Add To   Active Roster
2021-12-30   WPG   WILCOTS, Cedric   DL   A   New Mexico State   Add To   Active Roster

Hampton was on the practice roster for a month and was released Sept 30 2021
Wilcots was released July 30 2021

Blue Bombers re-sign quarterback Dru Brown, add two others

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have re-signed quarterback Dru Brown.

Brown dressed for two games in 2021, including seeing his first CFL action against the Calgary Stampeders in Week 16. He completed 7-of-14 passes for 44 yards and rushed seven times for 44 yards. The 24-year-old finish the season on the practice roster.

The five-foot-11, 201-pound QB originally signed with the Bombers in March 2020 after finishing his NCAA career with Oklahoma State University. Voted team captain for 2019 by his Cowboys teammates, he appeared in seven games for OSU, starting the final three after an injury to starter Spencer Sanders, and completed 67.3 percent of his passes for 810 yards with seven touchdowns against one interception.

In the Cowboys last game of the season, a 24-21 loss to Texas A&M University in the 2019 Texas Bowl, Brown completed 15-of-28 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns, while rushing for another score.

Brown was a graduate transfer to OSU in 2018 after two seasons at the University of Hawai'i. He was the recipient of the coach Tom Kaulukukui Offensive Captain Award in 2017 and named one of four team captains prior to the season.

During his two seasons with the Rainbow Warriors, Brown threw for 5,273 yards with 37 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He was named MVP of the 2016 Hawai'i Bowl after throwing for four touchdowns and rushing for another in a 52-35 victory over Middle Tennessee State University.

Brown played his freshman year at the College of San Mateo in San Mateo, California and threw for 21 majors while rushing for an additional six scores in being named the team's MVP.

The Bombers also added six-foot-four, 250-pound American defensive lineman Cedric Wilcots and six-foot-one, 190-pound American defensive back Mike Hampton.

https://3downnation.com/2021/12/31/blue-bombers-re-sign-quarterback-dru-brown-add-two-others/

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS EXTEND CONTRACT OF CANADIAN DEFENSIVE BACK NICK HALLETT

WINNIPEG, MB., January 3, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Canadian defensive back Nick Hallett. Hallett was scheduled to be a free agent next month.

Hallett (5-11, 197, Toronto; born: February 12, 1994 in London, ON) returns to the Bombers for a third season after initially being selected by the club in the seventh round, 61st overall, of the 2019 Canadian Football League Draft.

Hallett has become one of the CFL's best special-teams players over his two seasons in Winnipeg, registering 29 tackles on the kick-cover units - including 16 in 2021, which tied for the fourth-highest total in the league. Over his two years with the Bombers, only all-time special-teams tackle leader Mike Miller - with 50 - has registered more special-teams tackles than Hallett.

In his rookie campaign in 2019, he had 13 tackles on special teams, adding a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. This past season he also took some snaps on defence, registering seven tackles and also forced one fumble.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/03/blue-bombers-extend-contract-canadian-defensive-back-nick-hallett/

"THIS IS THE ONLY TEAM I WANTED TO BE WITH" - HALLETT RE-SIGNS

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/03/team-wanted-hallett-re-signs/

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on January 03, 2022, 06:12:36 PM
BLUE BOMBERS EXTEND CONTRACT OF CANADIAN DEFENSIVE BACK NICK HALLETT

WINNIPEG, MB., January 3, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Canadian defensive back Nick Hallett. Hallett was scheduled to be a free agent next month.

Hallett (5-11, 197, Toronto; born: February 12, 1994 in London, ON) returns to the Bombers for a third season after initially being selected by the club in the seventh round, 61st overall, of the 2019 Canadian Football League Draft.

Hallett has become one of the CFL's best special-teams players over his two seasons in Winnipeg, registering 29 tackles on the kick-cover units - including 16 in 2021, which tied for the fourth-highest total in the league. Over his two years with the Bombers, only all-time special-teams tackle leader Mike Miller - with 50 - has registered more special-teams tackles than Hallett.

In his rookie campaign in 2019, he had 13 tackles on special teams, adding a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. This past season he also took some snaps on defence, registering seven tackles and also forced one fumble.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/03/blue-bombers-extend-contract-canadian-defensive-back-nick-hallett/

"THIS IS THE ONLY TEAM I WANTED TO BE WITH" - HALLETT RE-SIGNS

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/03/team-wanted-hallett-re-signs/

CFL.CA reported a 1 year deal but I'd take the Bomber update to be more accurate.

2 year deal is a good deal for both sides.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 03, 2022, 06:20:51 PM
CFL.CA reported a 1 year deal but I'd take the Bomber update to be more accurate.

2 year deal is a good deal for both sides.

That's good. I was shocked to read a 1-year deal.
My wife is amazing!

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-01-03   WPG   THOMPSON, Malcolm   DB   N   Wilfrid Laurier   Add To   Active Roster
2022-01-03   WPG   WICKER, Jo JO   DT   A   Arizona State   Add To   Active Roste

Thompson was with the TiCats in 2021.

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Maybe not the free agent signings fans are anxiously watching for, but the Blue #Bombers are set to announce two new additions in the coming days.
DB Malcolm Thompson, 5'11 200, time with CGY, MTL, and two games with HAM in 2021.
DT JoJo Wicker, 6'2 300, time in NFL and XFL.

gobombersgo

LONGEST SERVING BLUE BOMBER JAKE THOMAS AGREES TO TERMS ON ONE-YEAR EXTENSION

WINNIPEG, MB., January 5, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with Canadian defensive tackle Jake Thomas on a one-year contract extension. Thomas was scheduled to become a free agent next month and will now return for his 10th season in Blue and Gold.

Thomas has recorded 129 defensive tackles, 22 sacks, three forced fumbles and one interception in 151 games played throughout his nine seasons with Winnipeg. In 2021, Thomas recorded four sacks and 15 defensive tackles in 14 regular season games. In the club's postseason run, Thomas also registered a sack in the both the Western Final and Grey Cup, while posting five tackles (four in the 108th Grey Cup) in those two games. Thomas was originally drafted by the Bombers 29th overall in the 2012 CFL Draft and is the club's longest serving Blue Bomber.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/05/longest-serving-blue-bomber-jake-thomas-agrees-terms-one-year-extension-2/

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS ADD TWO TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., January 5, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the team has signed American defensive tackle JoJo Wicker and national defensive back Malcolm Thompson.

Wicker (6-2, 290, Arizona State, Virginia Tech, June 9, 1996 in Long Beach, CA) totaled 102 tackles, 32 for loss, 12.5 sacks, and four forced fumbles in three seasons at Arizona State. He went on to spent time with Detroit and Washington in the NFL.

Thompson (5-11, 200, Wilfrid Laurier, September 12, 1995 in Windsor, ON) played two games for Hamilton in 2021, recording two special teams tackles. Thompson was a three-time Ontario University Athletics All-Star at Wilfrid Laurier University, earning first-team honours in 2016 and a second-team nod in both 2015 and 2019. He was also a first-team all-Canadian in 2016. In 31 career games with the Golden Hawks, Thompson recorded 120.5 total tackles, nine interceptions, two sacks, eight knockdowns, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/05/blue-bombers-add-two-roster-3/

Throw Long Bannatyne

Great to have Jake back for one more year.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
@Wpg_BlueBombers

Back for a 10th season in blue & gold!

The club has agreed to terms with Canadian defensive tackle Jake Thomas on a one-year contract extension.

Pigskin

JT95 back for another year is excellent. JT95 had a another good year in 2021. 15 Tackles, 4 sacks. In the GC he had 4 tackles , and 1 sack. JT has only missed 3 games since 2013 which is pretty amazing for a DT.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Great nothing not to like about Fatboi at all!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Now it would be nice to see the bombers ink JK2 to a two year deal.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on January 05, 2022, 07:55:44 PM
Now it would be nice to see the bombers ink JK2 to a two year deal.

Have to wonder if JK2s done looking south of the border...  looks like DeJarlais and Alford are going to get long looks... Nichols and Sayles maybe too... what is the NFL window look like for them?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

kkc60

Quote from: theaardvark on January 05, 2022, 08:05:56 PM
Have to wonder if JK2s done looking south of the border...  looks like DeJarlais and Alford are going to get long looks... Nichols and Sayles maybe too... what is the NFL window look like for them?
Doubt Sayles will get much interest. As for Nichols, it'll be interesting. Both guys have at least been in a couple TCs in the NFL.

dd

Sayles was so so in the cfl, and on the small size for the nfl, why would the nfl give him a look??

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on January 06, 2022, 02:39:39 AM
Sayles was so so in the cfl, and on the small size for the nfl, why would the nfl give him a look??

You might be right about Sayles NFL opportunities but I disagree with you about his performance last season, in limited reps. he did quite well, contributing 28 DT and 5 QB sacks is very good for a rotating DT.  His numbers, like Jakes may be inflated playing beside Stove, but nonetheless his motor runs high and he seems to always makes **** happen.