Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Granqueso

FWIW. I'm a big Patriots fan and looking at their roster and based on the OTAs I can't see Desjarlais sticking. He's buried pretty deep in the depth chart.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Plato

dd

I hope he makes it, but man do we miss him and his nastiness on our O line.

KINGCHARLES

Does anyone know how much longer Alexander will be out?
That pass defence for surely misses his presence right now.
Although early season some teams need some time to gel and mold. Right now this is a great opportunity to give backup safeties some very valuable reps.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

Blue In BC

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on June 19, 2022, 04:26:04 PM
Although early season some teams need some time to gel and mold. Right now this is a great opportunity to give backup safeties some very valuable reps.

In theory he could come off the 6 game IR early but it would still be 2 or 3 weeks getting into game shape. So I'm not expecting an early exit off IR.

What I don't understand is why we didn't have import safety candidates fighting for the role in TC. We might have but choose to go with Thompson?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

I thought it was a mid-season expectation.
My wife is amazing!

kronic

I thought I heard before the season started that he was gone until somewhere around mid season. Hopefully I heard wrong.
edited at the request of the moderators

kronic

Quote from: Jesse on June 19, 2022, 04:50:05 PM
I thought it was a mid-season expectation.

Ok, so I probably didn?t mishear it then.
edited at the request of the moderators

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kronic on June 19, 2022, 04:54:33 PM
Ok, so I probably didn?t mishear it then.

Yes, he might not be ready to go until the LDC, forget about him....at least for now.

DM83

There should be. Hundreds of American heritage DBS out there, who can play safety.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-06-20   WPG   HANSEN, Thiadric   DL   A      Add To   Active Roster
2022-06-20   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   LB   N   Laval   Add To   Free Agent
2022-06-20   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   LB   N   Laval   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 20, 2022, 10:46:31 PM
Transactions:

2022-06-20   WPG   HANSEN, Thiadric   DL   A      Add To   Active Roster
2022-06-20   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   LB   N   Laval   Add To   Free Agent
2022-06-20   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   LB   N   Laval   Delete From Active   Free Agent

As expected. Hansen will dress but he might not get too many reps as they ease him back into game condition.

Clements sounds like he could be a candidate to dress for the game. To create roster space we might see Maruo pushed back to PR.  Essentially a LB for a LB role.

There are a few options for changes on the roster depending on the health of some players and the need for depth.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

So, changes for this week might be...

In:
OL Dobson
DL Hansen
LB Clements
DB Parker 

Out:
OL Couture
LB Karamoko
DL Wilcots
DB Rose

They might opt to replace Maruo with either DB Rene / Lavigne but I think he will stay in the active roster. We normally carry 6 LBs (Wil/Mac)

Ducky

Rose injured or did he lose his job?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Ducky on June 21, 2022, 02:09:05 AM
Rose injured or did he lose his job?

He's on the injury report as not practicing due to foot injury. He was in a walking boot following the pre-season home game. Something is still up with his foot I would guess.

Pete

Elks cut reciever Shai Ross, He could be a good addition for us! (Winnipeg born)