Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

I like Masoli as a #2 for us IF he's vaxxed/rules are loosened for travel and if he's affordable

blue_or_die

The correct answer is 550 for Zach. No more, no less.
#Ride?

the paw

Quote from: road griller on January 20, 2022, 06:17:29 PM
Maybe so but would most teams put Harris last in the list of 3?  Probably, his age alone is a big strike against him and if he wants to win one more time?..?  Winnipeg is the place to be.  Even 350 and playoff money pays him well.  We won with Collaros playing pretty average or below in the playoffs this year, I still think we win with a Harris type performance.  Especially without the ints.
That said Collaros is still the best option but not at 650 or something crazy like that imo.

The thing about QBs age is that it is kind of irrelevant in the age of one year contracts.  The relevant question is "can he play well for one more year"?  Harris looked good ending the year in Montreal, I put the Edmonton problems down to Elizondo.  Its not like he's coming off shoulder surgery.

I would put Evans higher than Harris even though he really hasnt gone wire-to-wire yet.  I put Harris ahead of Arbuckle (who hasn't shown much of anything for awhile), and I put him ahead of Masoli and Bethel Thompson as well.  I don't think he's in the twilight discount phase of his career yet, and I am convinced he will start somewhere this year, and get starters money for it. Now, if he has a terrible 2022, then I think his value takes a hit.  But I don't think we are there yet.
grab grass 'n growl

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on January 20, 2022, 06:48:09 PM
I like Masoli as a #2 for us IF he's vaxxed/rules are loosened for travel and if he's affordable

Masoli won't be a bargain, of the remaining F.A. QB's he should be second in salary behind Zach.

TBURGESS

No-Vaxxed Masoli won't get a gig unless he gets vaxxed. Who would take a risk on a QB who may or may not be able to travel?
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 20, 2022, 06:52:45 PM
Masoli won't be a bargain, of the remaining F.A. QB's he should be second in salary behind Zach.

He's not listed as a potential free agent. There is no certainty that unvaxed players won't be free to travel this summer. We have the same issue with Eli.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on January 20, 2022, 07:59:41 PM
No-Vaxxed Masoli won't get a gig unless he gets vaxxed. Who would take a risk on a QB who may or may not be able to travel?

Masoli has a few months left to contemplate the end of his football career, I guess it's his decision.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 20, 2022, 08:23:45 PM
He's not listed as a potential free agent. There is no certainty that unvaxed players won't be free to travel this summer. We have the same issue with Eli.

Masoli?  He is listed as a F.A.

https://www.cfl.ca/fa22/#TICATS

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 20, 2022, 08:30:35 PM
Masoli?  He is listed as a F.A.

https://www.cfl.ca/fa22/#TICATS

LOL.  I was looking at the Als roster free agents list. thanks for correction
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on January 20, 2022, 11:12:47 PM
ZC8 is back for another year.

Finally!

All of these back and forths were getting tiresome.
My wife is amazing!

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS EXTEND CONTRACT OF CFL'S MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER ADAM BIGHILL

WINNIPEG, MB., January 20, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed all-star linebacker Adam Bighill to a 1-year contract extension. He had been scheduled to become a free agent next month.

Bighill (5-10, 219; Central Washington University; born: October 16, 1988, in Montesano, WA) returns in 2022 for a fourth season with the Blue Bombers and his 10th in the Canadian Football League.

One of the most decorated defenders in league history, Bighill's 2021 season was one of his finest as he led the CFL's stingiest defence with 70 tackles and added two quarterback sacks, two interceptions and two fumble recoveries - one for a touchdown. He was busy in the playoffs, too, registering eight tackles in the Western Final and another five in the 108th Grey Cup.

Those numbers not only earned him his a spot on the CFL All-Star Team for a sixth time, but also saw him named the league's Most Outstanding Defensive Player for the third time in his career after winning in his first season with the Blue Bombers in 2018 and in 2015 as a member of the B.C. Lions.

Now a three-time Grey Cup champion - 2019 and 2021 with the Blue Bombers and 2011 with the Lions - Bighill has played in 146 games in his CFL career and ranks eighth in league history all-time in total tackles.

In his three seasons as a member of the Blue Bombers, he has appeared in 47 regular season games and has racked up 236 tackles, 10 sacks, six interceptions, six fumble recoveries and scored two touchdowns.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/20/blue-bombers-extend-contract-cfls-outstanding-defensive-player-adam-bighill/

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS ON EXTENSION WITH CFL'S MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER ZACH COLLAROS

WINNIPEG, MB., January 11, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed all-star quarterback Zach Collaros to a one-year contract extension. He was scheduled to become a free agent next month.

Collaros (6-0, 222; University of Cincinnati; born: August 27, 1988 in Steubenville, OH) returns in 2022 for a third season with the Blue Bombers and his 10th in the Canadian Football League.

The 2021 campaign was a memorable one for Collaros, as he helped guide his squad to a second consecutive Grey Cup championship while being named the CFL?s Most Outstanding Player, the Blue Bombers Most Outstanding Player as well as earning West Division and CFL All-Star honours.

He was also named the MVP of the 108th Grey Cup after a 33-25 overtime victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In the process, he became the first Blue Bombers quarterback to lead the club to consecutive Grey Cup championships since Ken Ploen in 1961-62.

Collaros led the CFL in passing touchdowns this past season with 20 and posted a league-best quarterback efficiency rating of 111.0, while his 3,185 passing yards ranked second. Most importantly, the club's record was 11-2 in games Collaros started in the regular season and he is now 17-2 overall in starts for the Bombers dating back to his arrival in 2019 and including the Grey Cup victory that November.

The Bombers acquired Collaros on October 9, 2019 in a trade with the with the Toronto Argonauts that also netted Winnipeg a fifth-round 2020 draft pick in exchange for a third-round selection in 2020 and a conditional first-round pick that same year. That selection was officially granted to the Argos in January of 2020 when Collaros signed a two-year extension with the Blue Bombers.

Collaros led the Bombers to a 4-0 record in 2019, winning his debut in the club's regular season finale before the run to the Grey Cup that also included victories in the Western Semi-Final and Western Final, all this after having been traded twice during the year; first from Saskatchewan to Toronto, then from the Argos to Winnipeg.

Collaros first signed in the CFL with the Argos in 2012 and has since appeared in 105 regular season games with Toronto, Hamilton, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg. He has a 46-34 record as a starter in his career and has thrown for 20,164 yards with 114 touchdowns against 58 interceptions.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/01/20/blue-bombers-agree-terms-extension-cfls-outstanding-player-zach-collaros/

road griller

Quote from: the paw on January 20, 2022, 06:52:06 PM
The thing about QBs age is that it is kind of irrelevant in the age of one year contracts.  The relevant question is "can he play well for one more year"?  Harris looked good ending the year in Montreal, I put the Edmonton problems down to Elizondo.  Its not like he's coming off shoulder surgery.

I would put Evans higher than Harris even though he really hasnt gone wire-to-wire yet.  I put Harris ahead of Arbuckle (who hasn't shown much of anything for awhile), and I put him ahead of Masoli and Bethel Thompson as well.  I don't think he's in the twilight discount phase of his career yet, and I am convinced he will start somewhere this year, and get starters money for it. Now, if he has a terrible 2022, then I think his value takes a hit.  But I don't think we are there yet.

Thank goodness we don?t have to find out......  Harris to BC or Toronto I guess?  Is Ottawa even an option?  Masoli getting vaccinated might take BC off the table for Harris.  Looks like MR may retire. 

Now we can just sit back and enjoy the QB carousel.

the paw

Quote from: road griller on January 21, 2022, 12:29:47 AM
Thank goodness we don?t have to find out......  Harris to BC or Toronto I guess?  Is Ottawa even an option?  Masoli getting vaccinated might take BC off the table for Harris.  Looks like MR may retire. 

Now we can just sit back and enjoy the QB carousel.

I am much relieved.

I have a hunch Harris will end up in Toronto. But logically, Ottawa, BC, Toronto are all possible.
grab grass 'n growl