Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

DM83 got it.  McCrae is a fly in the ointment for Ds.  That said, when we have our intended starters healthy, it's hard for our team to roster a guy like McCrae.  Doubly hard when our feature RB is producing well now.

We need him as insurance going into the playoffs, but he might spend some of that time on the PR.

Whether he can morph into a legit receiver (Dressler like?) remains to be seen.  I'd hope he's still around next year.

FWIW, fantasy has McCrae slotted as a RB, not WR.
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-10-11   WPG   HARRISON, Tavaris   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Remove Unsigned   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   N   Laval   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   N   Laval   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   HASSELL, JT   DB   A      Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   HASSELL, JT   DB   A      Delete From Active   Free Agent

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 11, 2022, 11:02:54 PM
Transactions:

2022-10-11   WPG   HARRISON, Tavaris   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Remove Unsigned   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   N   Laval   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   N   Laval   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   HASSELL, JT   DB   A      Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   HASSELL, JT   DB   A      Delete From Active   Free Agent

What does this even mean?  To me it looks like they're sending Karamoko, Rutledge and Hassel to the PR, Harrison we know has been cut.  Rutedge falling out of favour fast, they must be making room to bring players off the I.R.

M.O.A.B.

Rutledge, Hassell and Karamoko to the PR.

I'm guessing Darby, Lawrence will be on the roster this week in place of Rutledge and Hassell.

For Karamoko it could be either Lavigne, McMillan or Knuettell. It could be Wolitarsky also.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 12, 2022, 01:18:20 AM
Rutledge, Hassell and Karamoko to the PR.

I'm guessing Darby, Lawrence will be on the roster this week in place of Rutledge and Hassell.

For Karamoko it could be either Lavigne, McMillan or Knuettell. It could be Wolitarsky also.

Actually the roster shows Lawrence on the AR at the moment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 12, 2022, 02:13:31 AM
Actually the roster shows Lawrence on the AR at the moment.

Rosters is not accurate though. Rutledge is still there. Lawrence was moved to PR last week.

Pigskin

I am hoping GE2 is back this week.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2022, 03:13:00 AM
I am hoping GE2 is back this week.

Jeff Hamilton wrote he's expected back before the end of the season.

It'd be nice to get him some playing time before play offs.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 12, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Winnipeg Blue Bombers release defensive back J. T. Hassell

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/12/winnipeg-blue-bombers-release-defensive-back-j-t-hassell/

Too bad in the sense I was rooting for the young guy. OTOH we added Darby and Lawrence to our rosters so that's business. He might be a candidate for the TC in 2023.  Open spots on the PR might be needed as the roster shuffling continues over the next two weeks.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 12, 2022, 05:18:00 PM
Too bad in the sense I was rooting for the young guy. OTOH we added Darby and Lawrence to our rosters so that's business. He might be a candidate for the TC in 2023.  Open spots on the PR might be needed as the roster shuffling continues over the next two weeks.

Back field, is stacked right now, with the arrival of Darby and Lawrence... and with the development of Nick Hallett and (surprisingly) Kramdi

DM83

Wasn't he the guy missing some fingers?

He seems like a cant miss.  had to be a lifestyle thing.??

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: DM83 on October 12, 2022, 07:35:33 PM
Wasn't he the guy missing some fingers?

He seems like a cant miss.  had to be a lifestyle thing.??

It could be he didn't like the downgrade in pay moving to the PR and didn't accept it.  This could be an issue in the future with a couple of more football leagues opening up giving players more options.

DM83

Yeah, but the two leagues down south, I don't think cater to old NFL guys, nor is the money going to be there , I would guess...but those guys just want a place to showcase their talents.

M.O.A.B.

Looks like Jonathan Kongbo was waived by Broncos.

Broncos  10/11   Jonathan Kongbo  DE   Waived, No Recall

If it's what I think it is, Walters need to bring him back here for the last regular game and WDF.