Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2022, 08:40:11 PM
See: Matt Nichols

The difference, Matt was finished. The bombers knew with the injury he had he was never going to compete at a high level again. And guess what, they were right.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Stats Junkie

I arrived in Winnipeg in time to watch yesterday's practice.

I spent a lot of time watching the O-Line.

When they divided into position groups, I saw Couture & Kolankowski split reps at centre. Kolankowski did a couple at LG and I saw Szott take 1 at centre. They were subbing players on a regular basis with the practice roster players all getting reps.

In 12 on 12, it was Coture & Kolankowski splitting reps. Couture linedup at TE for a couple of plays.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Blue In BC

3rd down is suggesting Jefferson and Bryant won't play this week? I figured Adams would dress at his spot now that Wilcots was traded. If Bryant doesn't play, then are we going to a 4 Canadian OL this week?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 06, 2022, 11:09:23 PM
3rd down is suggesting Jefferson and Bryant won't play this week? I figured Adams would dress at his spot now that Wilcots was traded. If Bryant doesn't play, then are we going to a 4 Canadian OL this week?
Eric Lofton has been practicing in Bryant's spot

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2022, 08:40:11 PM
See: Matt Nichols
lol please tell me you are joking Tecno? Your cred is on the line with this response?
Nichols was finished and his play afterwards proved it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on October 06, 2022, 11:19:15 PM
Eric Lofton has been practicing in Bryant's spot
As per Bauming this ^

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 06, 2022, 11:23:12 PM
lol please tell me you are joking Tecno? Your cred is on the line with this response?
Nichols was finished and his play afterwards proved it.

The question was what starter has lost their job to injury?  Nichols is the perfect example.  Another dude came in, proved better, and stole his job.  This is in doubt?

As for "finished", no one knew right after GC 2019 that Nichols was "finished".  When he went down he was ligthing up the league, making sweet deep balls, and putting away games in the 1st half.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2022, 02:13:40 AM
The question was what starter has lost their job to injury?  Nichols is the perfect example.  Another dude came in, proved better, and stole his job.  This is in doubt?

As for "finished", no one knew right after GC 2019 that Nichols was "finished".  When he went down he was ligthing up the league, making sweet deep balls, and putting away games in the 1st half.

Fans didn't know, but the team did.

So I guess it's an example with an asterisk.

How did Houston get on the field early in the year? Was Rose injured?
My wife is amazing!

M.O.A.B.

I believe Houston won the field-side CB out of TC. Then when Rose struggled at the short-side early in the year, they switched. Houston was solid at the short-side before his injury.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 07, 2022, 12:29:29 PM
I believe Houston won the field-side CB out of TC. Then when Rose struggled at the short-side early in the year, they switched. Houston was solid at the short-side before his injury.
I do not think Houston won a starting job out of camp. Someone got hurt, name escapes me, and Houston came in and was a keeper in his spot.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 07, 2022, 01:22:04 PM
I do not think Houston won a starting job out of camp. Someone got hurt, name escapes me, and Houston came in and was a keeper in his spot.

I guess your right, Glass was the starting field-side at CB on Week1. 

On Week4, Houston replaced Rose at the short-side CB and Rose was moved to field-side CB to replace Glass. Game log doesn't show Glass was injured during the game and not sure if he got injured during the practice week of Week4. But possibly, he was replaced because he was under-performing and was released a week after.

That's a big trust from coaches for Houston though being a DI to starting short-side CB.

Blue In BC

Keep digging, the hole isn't quite deep enough yet.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

There's still time to delete this dude

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 07, 2022, 01:34:18 PM
I guess your right, Glass was the starting field-side at CB on Week1. 

On Week4, Houston replaced Rose at the short-side CB and Rose was moved to field-side CB to replace Glass. Game log doesn't show Glass was injured during the game and not sure if he got injured during the practice week of Week4. But possibly, he was replaced because he was under-performing and was released a week after.

That's a big trust from coaches for Houston though being a DI to starting short-side CB.

Right it was Glass was the one I was thinking of. Something weird happened with him. He got released for some undisclosed reason. Did not sound like it was an injury.