Blue Bombers Forum
December 08, 2022, 07:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - 108th Grey Cup Game December 12, 2021  (Read 24773 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #420 on: December 28, 2021, 06:02:47 PM »

Are you forgetting the game Strev. played in late 2019 were he was hobbling so badly he could hardly walk?  It was painful to watch and a little embarrassing that O'Shea allowed him to continue to play.

Nope didn't forget at all. A broken rib could be life threatening ( punctured / collapsed lung risk ). It would also be more limiting due to inability to lift arms, stretch etc etc.

Streveler's injury while painful and limiting was more a matter of will over mind. I guess it's a matter of where you draw the line of pain over injury and / or the possibility of making things worse. Not sure when they determined a broken or fractured bone in his ankle.

As I pointed out Demski immediately returned for the OT series and didn't show any limitations. Logic would suggest he was winded and possibly in pain. Theorizing severe injury was a reach until he says otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:25:24 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #421 on: December 28, 2021, 09:09:34 PM »

How good was Woli82 in the 4th quarter. Man he made some clutch catches.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #422 on: December 28, 2021, 10:22:28 PM »

How good was Woli82 in the 4th quarter. Man he made some clutch catches.

Memories of Rory Kohlert another solid Natl. receiver from the past.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2021, 01:19:21 AM »

Memories of Rory Kohlert another solid Natl. receiver from the past.

Or Jade Etienne! Wink  Another "solid" first round choice there. What a bust he was.

Whatever happened to that receiver Moniz? Seems he had some natural talent and might be a late darkhorse draft selection, but moved on the next season or two and  now lost track of him. In my estimation Kohlert is nowhere near as good as Woli. He was pretty sure handed, but did not have the same height or overall skills as Woli.  Neither have major wheels, but not really necessary for a possession and 5th pass option usually. Being able to block and run his proper routes can go a long way to keep on the roster. Throwing some interference for Lawler/Bailey/Demski keeps you on the coaches radar.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #424 on: January 15, 2022, 09:13:17 AM »

In my estimation Kohlert is nowhere near as good as Woli. He was pretty sure handed, but did not have the same height or overall skills as Woli.  Neither have major wheels, but not really necessary for a possession and 5th pass option usually.

Woli is the best NAT WR we've had in ages (excluding Demski).  Petermann showed great promise, but he's gone and he never did beat out Woli for the starting spot.  And now in OTT Petermann didn't even see the field more than a handful of times... which is odd as OTT needed all the NAT WR help they could get.  I wonder why Lapo soured on him?

Woli also has made the deep rail route catch that JFG never could haul in!

Woli was clutch in the GC.  We may not win if Woli doesn't make those "1st down on 1st down" catches.  Poor HAM, everything that needed to occur for us to win, did, and not a hair more.  Inches...

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #425 on: January 15, 2022, 09:23:39 AM »

Rewatched again.  The game is starting to grow on me.  It gives me a different feeling from the '19 GC.  Will I eventually prefer watching the comeback win vs the total domination?

I want to mention AH33, as he gets very little love for this game.  Just look at the "pull AH" talk around halftime on this thread!  Yikes!

AH absolutely dominated OT.  HAM was dead set on limiting AH to 1-4 YPC all game.  They were still trying in OT, but he turned on the ain't-gonna-stop-me-short jets and pounded those legs for critical 1-3 extra yards after first contact.  Sometimes the contact was full-blown, braced, dead-on contact.  Sometimes dragging 2 guys.  Sometimes both.

There was that one run where we absolutely needed 2 yards on 2nd down and he seems to get stuffed behind LoS running into our OL and he spots and cuts right and hits that hole so hard as the entire HAM D is crashing down on the line.  Maybe his best run of the night in terms of impact.  He gets stuffed behind LoS and we only get 3 in OT1.

And he made a critical pass-rush block on that final TD throw to Adams.  Davis is doing an awesome spin move and breezes by the hoggie.  AH is right there to smash him and give Zach that final 1s to throw the best looking ball of the game for 6.  (The hoggies also really upped their game in OT; impenetrable wall.)

AH may not have had the crazy 140y game like '19, but he made his mark when required, just like every single guy on O did that night.  They all made brilliant plays.  One of the most balanced O's in forever.  A true joy to watch.

Never go full Rider!
dd

« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2022, 02:50:29 PM »

Woli is the best NAT WR we've had in ages (excluding Demski).  Petermann showed great promise, but he's gone and he never did beat out Woli for the starting spot.  And now in OTT Petermann didn't even see the field more than a handful of times... which is odd as OTT needed all the NAT WR help they could get.  I wonder why Lapo soured on him?

Woli also has made the deep rail route catch that JFG never could haul in!

Woli was clutch in the GC.  We may not win if Woli doesn't make those "1st down on 1st down" catches.  Poor HAM, everything that needed to occur for us to win, did, and not a hair more.  Inches...

I am interested to see if we make a play on Peterman. I m thinking playing in Ottawa stinks and he has a good set of hands, I d like to see us get him back here
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2022, 03:22:28 PM »

Rewatched again.  The game is starting to grow on me.  It gives me a different feeling from the '19 GC.  Will I eventually prefer watching the comeback win vs the total domination?

I want to mention AH33, as he gets very little love for this game.  Just look at the "pull AH" talk around halftime on this thread!  Yikes!

AH absolutely dominated OT.  HAM was dead set on limiting AH to 1-4 YPC all game.  They were still trying in OT, but he turned on the ain't-gonna-stop-me-short jets and pounded those legs for critical 1-3 extra yards after first contact.  Sometimes the contact was full-blown, braced, dead-on contact.  Sometimes dragging 2 guys.  Sometimes both.

There was that one run where we absolutely needed 2 yards on 2nd down and he seems to get stuffed behind LoS running into our OL and he spots and cuts right and hits that hole so hard as the entire HAM D is crashing down on the line.  Maybe his best run of the night in terms of impact.  He gets stuffed behind LoS and we only get 3 in OT1.

And he made a critical pass-rush block on that final TD throw to Adams.  Davis is doing an awesome spin move and breezes by the hoggie.  AH is right there to smash him and give Zach that final 1s to throw the best looking ball of the game for 6.  (The hoggies also really upped their game in OT; impenetrable wall.)

AH may not have had the crazy 140y game like '19, but he made his mark when required, just like every single guy on O did that night.  They all made brilliant plays.  One of the most balanced O's in forever.  A true joy to watch.

Agreed....AH came to play in OT and they ran him 4 consecutive times before that pass to Adams for 6!  Add to the fact that Hamilton's D was rested as they watched their O for the last two minutes drive the field.    AH is such a gamer and ranks as one of the best Bomber RBs of all time.....up there with Leo, Charlie and Willard.   What makes it extra special is he's a Canadian and from Winnipeg!! 

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2022, 05:35:01 PM »

I am interested to see if we make a play on Peterman. I m thinking playing in Ottawa stinks and he has a good set of hands, I d like to see us get him back here

We should call this the "Petermann saga", the endless debate whether to bring him back for another go.  I think he will eventually find his place on the Otttawa roster or on another club out East.  I'm quite happy having Woli fill the 5th receiver position for the next 3-4 years, he's a glue guy.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2022, 06:26:32 PM »

I think if the bombers sign Woli82, they will stick with young inexpensive backups. If they don't sign Woli82, Pete could be a guy we go after.

kkc60

« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »

I think if the bombers sign Woli82, they will stick with young inexpensive backups. If they don't sign Woli82, Pete could be a guy we go after.
Also still have O'Leary-Orange
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2022, 10:34:43 PM »

Also still have O'Leary-Orange

Bingo, that's would be one of our inexpensive backups!!!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to: