Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2022, 08:59:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - 108th Grey Cup Game December 12, 2021  (Read 24625 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2021, 02:16:50 PM »

Yeah. I wouldn't have been that upset if they didn't call it. I think it was just because it was right at the point of attack and without the hold Thomas for sure gets a hand on him. Who knows if it would have been enough to change the outcome of the play though.

Agreed.  There were definitely more egregious holds on both sides that weren?t called.
TBURGESS

« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2021, 02:53:09 PM »

I didn't like the holding call in OT. Marginal at best. They let way more than that go without a flag.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2021, 03:21:50 PM »

I didn't like the holding call in OT. Marginal at best. They let way more than that go without a flag.
yes there were likely more egregious holds left uncalled....however this hold was directly at the point of attack and impeded JT from making a play which likely affects the outcome of the play.  I was OK with the call for that reason....and hey it pushed them back another 10 yards which was huge at this stage of the game.   Then the pick Masoli threw into triple coverage was ill advised and al, 3 defenders were involved in making the late game ending pick.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »

I agree we had some good fortune but that unnecessary roughness penalty was not borderline.

The size differential between Rose and the huge idiot hitting him in the back really sold it.  Textbook "tourist hit".
theaardvark

« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2021, 05:24:24 PM »

I couldn't really see the holding call on the Ti-cats in OT...don't care at this point but that was a big play to drive them back.  If i was a Ti-Cat fan I would be wanting to see that one again...

I though Proulx did a decent job calling the game.

Holding can be called on just about every play, and it rarely does.  But when it directly affects the outcome of the play...

The holding on JT was blatant, and had he not held, JT makes the tackle right there.  This is a call that needed to be made. 

I have no issue with that call, even if it had been called on us in the same circumstances.  That is WHEN holding needs to be called.

As to MOP/MOC, yes, it was almost like it was "no one stood out this game, so we will award them based on this plus 2019...

I would have been happier with Garcia or Nichols for MOP, or JT or Liegghio for MOC...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »

Just watching the game over agin Zachs 2 picks in the 3rd would not a thing of beauty especially the second one.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2021, 05:40:21 PM »

Just watching the game over agin Zachs 2 picks in the 3rd would not a thing of beauty especially the second one.

Yes, not one of his best games. Both killed drives that could of made a big impact on this game.

Thankfully, he pulled it together in the 4th. and OT.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Blue In BC

« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2021, 06:08:00 PM »

Wind influenced velocity. Also both were very good defensive plays. Give credit where credit is due. Not every turnover is a bad offensive play per se.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2021, 06:12:05 PM »

Wind influenced velocity. Also both were very good defensive plays. Give credit where credit is due. Not every turnover is a bad offensive play per se.
fare enough

blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2021, 06:30:03 PM »

Back to back weeks where weather played a factor in turnovers.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2021, 06:32:07 PM »

Totally disagree. The second Int. We had two receivers in the area, ZC8 over threw the first receiver and under threw the second one. Would be nice to know which one he was actually throwing to.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2021, 06:43:54 PM »

Totally disagree. The second Int. We had two receivers in the area, ZC8 over threw the first receiver and under threw the second one. Would be nice to know which one he was actually throwing to.

In the post game Collaros said that on the first interception Mark Washington made an excellent play call and the defender played it perfectly. The second interception he described as an in inexcusable throw.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #342 on: December 13, 2021, 07:19:10 PM »

My belief is, the Ham player is playing in his first game, he is an American, he was under pressure from the situation, he simply had a brain cramp and knelt down not realizing in the CFL that is a rouge, in the states it's no points and the ball comes out to the 25 yard line. Simply is an American not knowing or forgetting about the rouge.
^this

Waffler

« Reply #343 on: December 13, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »

IMO the Ham player made the decision on his own. He caught the ball started up field, then stopped about 2 yards in the end zone and knelt down. You sense the confusion from the fans and the Ticats themselves, they were like *** just happened.

From Hamilton news:
Steinauer said the club had told returner Tim White to make the decision whether to concede that single point once he saw the ball in the air and said he was fine with White?s choice.

My reaction is shock. A coach said play it however you want? and further, they have a returner that doesn't believe he can break one every time? Most guys play with a chip on their shoulder and bring that out automatically.

Home isn't where you're from,
it's where you find light when all
grows dark. - Pierce Brown

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #344 on: December 13, 2021, 07:53:05 PM »

From Hamilton news:
Steinauer said the club had told returner Tim White to make the decision whether to concede that single point once he saw the ball in the air and said he was fine with White?s choice.

My reaction is shock. A coach said play it however you want? and further, they have a returner that doesn't believe he can break one every time? Most guys play with a chip on their shoulder and bring that out automatically.
Very strange form them to say the least! He had room to run!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: