Blue Bombers Forum
August 11, 2022, 10:29:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - 108th Grey Cup Game December 12, 2021  (Read 19416 times)
kronic

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2021, 12:22:55 AM »

I think they still need to stick with the run. Maybe bring in another back for a few carries. 

I don?t think another back is the answer, it?s the game plan. Props to Hamilton for coming up with a good game plan so far. Coaches show their worth with the half time adjustments. I believe O?Shea is the better coach. We?ll probably see more sweeps, screens and quick hitters to slow up the D-line and open up the long ball. Hopefully.

edited at the request of the moderators
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2021, 12:27:46 AM »

Momentum is a powerful force and Hamilton has it right now despite a horrendous start.    Their D is playing better than ours at the moment and our O didn't capitalize on the field position early.    Then throw in Masoli who is in redemption mode and well...to be honest he made the most of his opportunity!   The crowd is also back in it and if the Cats carry that momentum into the 2nd half....then they will likely win.   

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2021, 12:27:50 AM »

Told you guys Masoli was the better choice for QB.  He's more of a vet.  He can run.  He's not a wimp like Evans.  I pray Evans comes back in, but coach O would be mental to not roll with hot Masoli.  Wait till Masoli screws up, then they'll bring Evans back in and the musical QBs will kill all confidence.

My word you people worry too much and bail too fast. This isn't 2019.  Play our game.  Keep feeding Harris, but mix it up a bit.  Make them pay for keying on Harris.  That means creativity on 1st down.  Harris will not be benched for Augustine.  Never.

We take wind in 4th.  We must limit them in 3rd.  If they get up too much, the morale and momentum and crowd will be hard to overcome.

Sorry CFL, crap halftime show.

Never go full Rider!
dd

« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2021, 12:30:02 AM »

Never said they were the reason, but, they are not calling Ham for blatant late hit with their helmet to Adams on that one reception, the obvious face masking on Simoni before he made the tackle and then calling Hansen for holding on the wide side of the field completely away from the play. When I reffed, we were told don't call holding when the play is on the other side of the field, just tell the offending player to let him go. So the refs  miss the blatant call against Ham but call a penalty on us that had no bearing on the play. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.
I still ref and for minor fouls, they have to have an impact on the play for them to be called. A holding call on the wide side of the field when the play is on the other, doesn?t get called as you could literally throw s flag on every play. It has to impact the play, not sure why they re reaching for some fouls but missing the obvious
TecnoGenius

« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2021, 12:30:19 AM »

The turnovers in WDF are making Zach timid.  He's hanging on because he doesn't want to throw INTs.  Dane was the same way.

We're going to have to loosen up just a little bit, some risks will need to be taken.

Go Blue!

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2021, 12:30:44 AM »

Told you guys Masoli was the better choice for QB.  He's more of a vet.  He can run.  He's not a wimp like Evans.  I pray Evans comes back in, but coach O would be mental to not roll with hot Masoli.  Wait till Masoli screws up, then they'll bring Evans back in and the musical QBs will kill all confidence.

My word you people worry too much and bail too fast. This isn't 2019.  Play our game.  Keep feeding Harris, but mix it up a bit.  Make them pay for keying on Harris.  That means creativity on 1st down.  Harris will not be benched for Augustine.  Never.

We take wind in 4th.  We must limit them in 3rd.  If they get up too much, the morale and momentum and crowd will be hard to overcome.

Sorry CFL, crap halftime show.
Also....the anthem was painful

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2021, 12:32:50 AM »

The real ref iffiness is the hands to the face on us.  Weak.  They've called HTF maybe 2 times all season!!  It was a very weak HTF, brief.  Happens every play.  Proulx drawing the lines early in the game.

Never go full Rider!
Tehedra

« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2021, 12:35:13 AM »

not if it bounces

The refs just proved that a bounce doesn't matter
dd

« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2021, 12:36:14 AM »

Finally a shot downfield!!!
dd

« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2021, 12:36:51 AM »

And another one to Adams.

Collaros, eat their secondary alive!!!
kronic

« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2021, 12:38:24 AM »

Zach?s had more time in the pocket on this drive than he had the entire first half.

edited at the request of the moderators
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2021, 12:38:56 AM »

Injury here is a mo killer.  Need ZC in a rhythm and we can win. 
Tehedra

« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2021, 12:41:00 AM »

Finally a shot downfield!!!

I was wondering if Zach was going to pass down field this game.  Couple good shots from him this quarter which hopefully can help open the run game a bit too
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2021, 12:41:48 AM »

All the "told ya so's" for Harris might have been a bit premature. Guy looks like he has the speed of a 50 year old today.
Horseman

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2021, 12:42:26 AM »

First time I see a field goal made and none of the refs signal it was good.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: