Blue Bombers Forum
August 11, 2022, 11:40:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - 108th Grey Cup Game December 12, 2021  (Read 19455 times)
Blitzer

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2021, 08:45:30 AM »

I think the Sask game last week is a reminder to the Bombers how quickly things can go wrong. I expect they'll be ready right from the start and pay special attention to holding onto ball. That game was way too close for comfort (to say the least!) but I think it made them a better team.
PurpleReign

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2021, 10:52:39 AM »

Let?s cut the bull, Bombers in a landslide vs Hamilton. This game is over in the 3rd. Don?t care about last week that game was close because of 6 turnovers or else it was a blow out win for the Bombers.
Blitzer

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2021, 01:42:30 PM »

Bombers should win easy (30-16) but if they fumble a lot they should still win but it'll be closer.
Blue In BC

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2021, 01:53:29 PM »

Losing Laurent would be like us losing Jeffcoat or Bighill.  He's that important to that D, esp being a NAT.  This is very bad luck for HAM, and hurts them a lot.  I almost feel sorry for them, and this gives them an excuse if they lose.  (Don't feel sorry for Laurent, he's a nasty player.)

I do think this is a great opportunity for Adeleke.  I think the kid is ready.  Coach O obviously thinks he's ready.  What DB lost out in the shuffle?  Clearly they sacrificed an IMP in the DB unit.  Do we pick on Adeleke?  I bet yes.  Will it work?  We will see!  That strong side is the favorite of Zach.

P.S. Sarah looking good on the field in HAM in the Sat walk-thru shows.  +16C there!  Wow!

Adeleke at DHB is going to be a weak spot. Putting him there was a necessary ratio flip after losing Laurent. It also weakens their secondary at safety. He's a little shorter and stockier than their injured DB's. IMO he's not as fast or likely to win any 50 / 50 balls. Thats an advantage for Winnipeg. Collaros eyes just got bigger.

Hamilton has also been without Frankie Williams in their secondary and as a returner.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 01:59:27 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blitzer

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »

Let?s cut the bull, Bombers in a landslide vs Hamilton. This game is over in the 3rd. Don?t care about last week that game was close because of 6 turnovers or else it was a blow out win for the Bombers.

I'm a Bomber fan. If they lose I'm going to be out an awful lot of money. If it's a landslide I'll be jumping for joy.  I hope you're right! Believe me! Grin
dd

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2021, 02:43:49 PM »

Bombers should win, but heck upsets do happen in sports?-remember the miracle on ice, how else do the yanks beat the Russians!?!?

The loss of Laurent if he indeed doesn?t play, will be huge and it will allow our running game to control and then win this game.

Collaros will also show Ticats fans they made a brutal decision dumping him years ago as he crushes them a second time in the big game.
kronic

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2021, 03:22:55 PM »

Making my way through the TSN Saturday grey cup shows on PVR... I really like these shows!  Gets you in the GC mood.

Do we like Bo on the panel??  He does an OK job.  He joked with them about getting a contract... Bo looking to retire??  I could see TSN snapping up Bo as the next panel guy.

Posey gave HAM the slight edge to win.  He outright picked WPG to win in 2019.  But this time he simply says he's giving HAM the "edge".  Basically the reasons we've already talked about here: home, hunger, anger.  I'm glad he didn't say they'll win outright!  Posey & Lemon were the few who picked it correctly in 2019.

I actually got teary watching the last five minutes of last years game, a year later. It was awesome.

Something ELSE I noticed was how Bailey?s TD was called back near the end of the game. Compared to the call that went against us last week, I?m definitely confused as to how ?trapping? is called. Bailey definitely had more control than that ridiculously brutal call last week where snow kicked up as the ball was DRAGGED across the turf.

As for Bo, I can?t stand him but have to admit he was pretty decent on the panel. It was funny but cringeworthy when he called out Milt, and would have loved to have seen his face.

edited at the request of the moderators
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »

Bombers should win, but heck upsets do happen in sports?-remember the miracle on ice, how else do the yanks beat the Russians!?!?

The loss of Laurent if he indeed doesn?t play, will be huge and it will allow our running game to control and then win this game.

Collaros will also show Ticats fans they made a brutal decision dumping him years ago as he crushes them a second time in the big game.
th Lauran loss forces in inexperienced Canadian to safety. Could enhance our deep ball prospects. And Adeleke is isolated at the half back spot now so he might not play as big a part in the game.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bomb squad

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »

The Bombers will be much better prepared mentally and physically for this game than last game. Not playing a meaningful game in 5 weeks is going to impact any team in a negative way, no matter how good they are. The Bombers will play a much cleaner game this time. And we know how good they are. As for Hamilton, at this point, we still don't really know how good (or not that good) they are. Kind of up and down all year and yes, up at the end. But, I think the fiddling around at quarterback this year is not going to serve them well in the end. They do have a couple of significant factors in their favor though, that being motivation and the home crowd. Will that be enough to get by us? We'll see.  If they do manage to beat us, it will be well deserved. I think it's going to be a close and good game.
Pigskin

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2021, 05:32:04 PM »

Not seeing this as a blowout, but we are the better team. Hamilton will have to play a very good, and hope for some breaks (turnovers), to beat us. Should be a good game.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2021, 05:59:31 PM »

Matty D wearing his heart with the sweet Blue and Gold tie for GD. haha sweeeet!

Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2021, 07:01:29 PM »

Lots of talk about how good the Tc-Cat run defence has been in 2021. Oliveria ran for 126 yards when we played them. 5.7 yards per carry. I'd expect we'll run for well over 100 yards today as well. Good weather and a little windy means the need to run is high. We can do that.

IMO this is not a close game.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

We ran for a total of 149 that night, with ZC8 chipping for for another 23 yards on 3 carriers, the longest which was 18 yards. As we all know ZC8 can run and I expect will today when required. We also didn't run any Jet sweeps that night which is a big go to play for us.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 07:39:11 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2021, 07:47:15 PM »

We ran for a total of 149 that night, with ZC8 chipping for for another 23 yards on 3 carriers, the longest which was 18 yards. As we all know ZC8 can run and I expect will today when required. We also didn't run any Jet sweeps that night which is a big go to play for us.
Oliveira was player of the week!

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2021, 08:24:35 PM »

Gotta hand it to TSN The Jeffs piece was epic.
Both dudes are beasts! Shocked

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: