Blue Bombers Forum
November 26, 2022, 06:58:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - 108th Grey Cup Game December 12, 2021  (Read 24230 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 08:26:36 PM »

Desmond Lawrence DB out/injured.
Ah thanks lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 10:02:18 PM »

Losing Laurent would be like us losing Jeffcoat or Bighill.  He's that important to that D, esp being a NAT.  This is very bad luck for HAM, and hurts them a lot.  I almost feel sorry for them, and this gives them an excuse if they lose.  (Don't feel sorry for Laurent, he's a nasty player.)

I do think this is a great opportunity for Adeleke.  I think the kid is ready.  Coach O obviously thinks he's ready.  What DB lost out in the shuffle?  Clearly they sacrificed an IMP in the DB unit.  Do we pick on Adeleke?  I bet yes.  Will it work?  We will see!  That strong side is the favorite of Zach.

P.S. Sarah looking good on the field in HAM in the Sat walk-thru shows.  +16C there!  Wow!

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 10:21:52 PM »

Losing Laurent would be like us losing Jeffcoat or Bighill.  He's that important to that D, esp being a NAT.  This is very bad luck for HAM, and hurts them a lot.  I almost feel sorry for them, and this gives them an excuse if they lose.  (Don't feel sorry for Laurent, he's a nasty player.)

I do think this is a great opportunity for Adeleke.  I think the kid is ready.  Coach O obviously thinks he's ready.  What DB lost out in the shuffle?  Clearly they sacrificed an IMP in the DB unit.  Do we pick on Adeleke?  I bet yes.  Will it work?  We will see!  That strong side is the favorite of Zach.

P.S. Sarah looking good on the field in HAM in the Sat walk-thru shows.  +16C there!  Wow!

no it would D like losing Stove but Stove is Canadian

TecnoGenius

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »

Us losing M.Jones is a bummer.  Did anyone catch when he got injured in the WDF?  This means we do less spells / substitutions in the DB unit.  Our guys will have to be solid all game.

Miller as the depth?  Ugh.  That's the best we have after Jones?  Ugh.  Praise KW for getting Rose back!  He literally just saved our lives.

Our DL depth is insanely good, though.  No weak links there.  We can sub in at will to stay fresh.

Overall, looking pretty good.  HAM is the one with the real injury problems.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2021, 10:27:49 PM »

no it would D like losing Stove but Stove is Canadian

I still think Laurent is more integral to Cats D than Stove is to WPG D.  I really do liken his level of importance to more like a Jeffcoat.  Yes, a lot of that has to do with Laurent being NAT.  But he is probably as key to that D as Simoni.  Seriously.  He's been there forever, he runs that DL, he's supremely talented and powerful.  I think this really weakens HAM, both in the run stop and the pass rush.

Whoever said this lets AH run all over HAM is right.  Autry isn't going to be enough.  That said, maybe Howsare will stay healthy all game this time and make up part of the difference.  Davis/Howsare/Wynn are not too shabby.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2021, 10:48:00 PM »

I still think Laurent is more integral to Cats D than Stove is to WPG D.  I really do liken his level of importance to more like a Jeffcoat.  Yes, a lot of that has to do with Laurent being NAT.  But he is probably as key to that D as Simoni.  Seriously.  He's been there forever, he runs that DL, he's supremely talented and powerful.  I think this really weakens HAM, both in the run stop and the pass rush.

Whoever said this lets AH run all over HAM is right.  Autry isn't going to be enough.  That said, maybe Howsare will stay healthy all game this time and make up part of the difference.  Davis/Howsare/Wynn are not too shabby.

i
I am not disagreeing with you.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2021, 11:07:49 PM »

Making my way through the TSN Saturday grey cup shows on PVR... I really like these shows!  Gets you in the GC mood.

Do we like Bo on the panel??  He does an OK job.  He joked with them about getting a contract... Bo looking to retire??  I could see TSN snapping up Bo as the next panel guy.

Posey gave HAM the slight edge to win.  He outright picked WPG to win in 2019.  But this time he simply says he's giving HAM the "edge".  Basically the reasons we've already talked about here: home, hunger, anger.  I'm glad he didn't say they'll win outright!  Posey & Lemon were the few who picked it correctly in 2019.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2021, 11:12:32 PM »

What are the TSN picks for GC winner?  Can't find a link anywhere.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2021, 11:15:17 PM »

Making my way through the TSN Saturday grey cup shows on PVR... I really like these shows!  Gets you in the GC mood.

Do we like Bo on the panel??  He does an OK job.  He joked with them about getting a contract... Bo looking to retire??  I could see TSN snapping up Bo as the next panel guy.

Posey gave HAM the slight edge to win.  He outright picked WPG to win in 2019.  But this time he simply says he's giving HAM the "edge".  Basically the reasons we've already talked about here: home, hunger, anger.  I'm glad he didn't say they'll win outright!  Posey & Lemon were the few who picked it correctly in 2019.

as soon as he called out Milt he became a loser with his blasted mouth. Not advised if he wants Blue Bomber fans to even consider him.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 12:31:40 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2021, 11:16:12 PM »

GC Saturday: Insiders saying Coach Orlando likely going to be a U sports DC down in the USA next year for 7 figure salary.  It's a smart move: if he loses the GC he can slink out of town and get his USA payday.  If he wins, he goes out a HAM hero.  This opens up a HC spot for someone new...

Also, Young probably out as DC in TOR.  Do we want him back or are we good?  I don't think Young will have any trouble getting another DC job.  C.Jones blew the EDF... might Young have won?

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2021, 05:40:06 AM »

Funny, 2019 we were all talking about what we had to do to beat invincible HAM.  2021 and I don't think anyone is saying anything!  Like no tactics.  No ideas.  All anyone is saying is:

Just play Bomber ball

Isn't that weird?  We had ideas vs SSK.  But vs HAM, crickets.  I think maybe HAM is just a normal team, with across-the-board good units playing solid ball.  But none stand out, none seem invincible, none need any special play or attention.  It's kind of like the top-shelf Bomber team, but a level (or 3) worse.

The key really is, just play Bomber ball.  Stay even keeled.  Minimize penalties.  Play with more intensity, to compensate for losing the hunger battle.  And let's see a little luck.  For some reason I think our ST coverage/blockers are going to have the most intensity of all units.  Those #2's, NATs and GLOB skew younger and a bit crazier.  I expect to win the ST battle.

Never go full Rider!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2021, 05:52:04 AM »

Rest assured with the good quality of coaching in Condell and Steinauer we will see a Ticat team more ready to play against the Bombers this time around. If the Bombers want to win, they will have to play a flawless game. If they play like last week against the Riders, it's going to a Ticat win.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2021, 06:02:13 AM »

Rest assured with the good quality of coaching in Condell and Steinauer we will see a Ticat team more ready to play against the Bombers this time around. If the Bombers want to win, they will have to play a flawless game. If they play like last week against the Riders, it's going to a Ticat win.
thank you for your entries

TecnoGenius

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2021, 06:43:43 AM »

TSN's top-50 plays show they put out on Saturday pegged that WDF Kenny catch at #24.  You kidding me??  That catch should be top-dozen easily.  Some of the #12-23 plays were not nearly as impressive.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2021, 06:59:05 AM »

Ok, I have 1 idea/tactic, but it's pretty obvious, and every team tries to do it.  But it may be especially effective against HAM:

Stop Don Jackson early.  I think HAM will try to run an abnormally large amount precisely because they aren't usually a run-first team.  But Condell is very impatient.  And he panics way too soon.  If we stop the run like we did against SSK, and we go up by a score, I bet Condell reverts to his 2019 self.

Getting Jackson late in the season always felt like a "see we have a run game too!" fake out.  Jackson is fast, but he's not tough, and will not do well inside the tackles if we prioritize run stop.  And slotting in a new #1 RB late in the season basically never pays off.

So I look forward to us stopping that run.  Will we take extra measures to do this before HAM shows a lot of run?  I doubt it, even though I would.  Make them tip their hand first, then stop the run.  If they start getting a good run game going, must do everything required to shut it down.  Cannot let 1-dimensional HAM get 2-dimensional.  Screw-up Condell will take care of the rest.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: