Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2022, 06:37:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats Bombers - We Meet Again! Your Old Friend Catfan  (Read 2457 times)
catfan

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 03:18:09 AM »

I forgot that Addison was at the last Cup game, Both Addison and Banks complement each other is
probably why it slipped my mind. It seems that when the opposing team keys on one, the other gets
loose.(and so on and so forth).
You guys have a great team that's for sure. No denying it. But once we can get our whole team
together (Addison.Frankie Williams etc) as well as playing you at home, I think we can give you a
go for the money.  Evans is more mobile than he was in the CUP last time.
So it should be a good game.
It's already sold out.
Time to end that 21 year drought.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 03:39:59 AM »

I forgot that Addison was at the last Cup game, Both Addison and Banks complement each other is
probably why it slipped my mind. It seems that when the opposing team keys on one, the other gets
loose.(and so on and so forth).

Addison was more effective in the GC than Banks, IMHO.  They need to use him in the run game more.

However, Addison was very weak this year, when in (which wasn't often).  I'm not sure he'll help you much in the GC.  He might pull a WSF Jorden, and be a liability.  Sometimes bringing a guy who's been out a ton in at the last second backfires, as he's just not ready.

In case I don't get another chance, I want to say to catfan that I'll be happy for HAM if they win.  I know that "longest loser in the CFL" feeling.  HAM certainly deserves to be at the GC.  However, WPG is going to give you a major fight, and you're going to have to earn it.  We're just so good right now, it's going to be very hard for HAM to prevail.  The best part is, it'll probably be a crazy close and hard fought game, which is good for the fans and good for the CFL.

Coach O and Condell are going to need to come up with some crazy special plans to beat us.  Normal HAM football isn't going to get it done.  They can't repeat the mistakes of 2019.

P.S. It's ok you forgot about Addison, you probably haven't rewatched that GC 246 times like I have  Grin Grin Grin Wink  At least this time we won't have Urban talking over your best drive!

Never go full Rider!
Tiger

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 03:41:42 AM »

Good to see you Catfan. 

How many sack will J & J inflict on Evans? I say 5

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
ichabod_crane

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2021, 05:27:12 AM »

Not sure about that.  Teams like to trade decent QBs to the other division.  Nothing like trading away Masoli to OTT only to have him beat your butt all next season!  You have an excuse if he goes to the other division...

May not be the Cat's decision in the end if Masoli and/or Evans are free agents and Hamilton fiddles like Nero making a decision who their #1 is. Either of these QB's may elect to go for more cash as the #1 starter elsewhere.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2021, 05:29:11 AM »

Mmmm yeah, that?s my biggest concern actually. The weather and field conditions shouldn?t be a problem like they were today, the only reason the game was close imo. But in 2019, WE were the huge underdogs and completely dominated the Grey Cup. I?m hoping the Bombers aren?t overconfident and Hamilton doesn?t flip the script and upset us like we upset them. I was honestly hoping to play the Argos because I think Hamilton?s more dangerous.

I think after this brawl of a game, there is no over confidence at all. If anything it will only motivate the Bombers further to finish what they began in training camp. When a team usually has things to improve or get ticked off about in the prior game, it is good for a veteran team like this. They will definitely want a better overall showing in the Grey Cup is my estimate.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 05:31:48 AM »

I guess you were not around in 2001.

1981 would have been the biggest upset ever in a Grey Cup if it had occurred. 14-1-1 Edmonton vs 5-11 Ottawa. Ottawa has a 20-1 halftime lead and chokes it in the end. Cats winning would be an upset, but biggest upset ever? Not quite sure I would go that far.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 05:37:33 AM »

1993. We were huge favorites that year too.

Matt Dunigan injured in the Eastern final though and Cal's son-in-law Sammy Garza has to sub in for the Grey Cup I recall. Almost as bad if not worse than Ryan DumbDittie in 2007. Like McGuire/Brown subbing in for Collaros would hurt this teams chances immensely.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2021, 06:48:17 AM »

Just glad that Collaros is still healthy.  The turnovers today are uncharacteristic of the BB team but perhaps it was just the weather.  I have a feeling it will end in a very tight game this Grey Cup. Hamilton will learn and adapt as they always have been able to.  Tommy Condell is a great OC and he will work out a game plan to beat the Bombers D.  If the Bombers take the Ticats lightly, they will be surprised at what Evans and Condell can do on offence.  And with Stenauer, the Ticats D will always be ready to play that's for sure. 
catfan

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2021, 06:55:07 AM »

Well Guys .... I am happy to be the underdog this time. Remember you guys were the underdog
 last time and you know how that turned out. When the TSN reporters made us underdogs in the
 ESF's and EF's we won.
 I 'm looking forward to this game.
 I'll wave at you from the stands. Grin Grin
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2021, 02:52:57 AM »

Good game catfan - sorry to disappoint, it was an exciting finish.

See you next year in Sask!!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2021, 02:55:57 AM »

Good game catfan - sorry to disappoint, it was an exciting finish.

See you next year in Sask!!
Amazing game

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: