Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 11:14:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian Receivers  (Read 3822 times)
Austin85

« on: November 07, 2021, 04:40:06 PM »

We need better canadian receivers  not saying Demski is not good he is great  but Woli is ok We need somone like the bombers used to have like Joe Pop , Rick House ,Gerald Alphin, Gord Patterson. We could use somone to complement Denski, especially in case of injuries.

BigBlueCrew

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 05:26:24 PM »

It?s takes like this that prove people have no clue what they?re talking about. Demski is #8 in the league in receiving yards. He?s a star. Woli is a very good possession receiver and important blocker. You need balance and we certainly have it.
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 05:36:58 PM »

We need better canadian receivers  not saying Demski is not good he is great  but Woli is ok We need somone like the bombers used to have like Joe Pop , Rick House ,Gerald Alphin, Gord Patterson. We could use somone to complement Denski, especially in case of injuries.

Demski is the best Canadian WR in the CFL. Has potential to be one of the Bombers all-time great Canadian WR?s. Wolitarsky is amazing when needed and he?s the perfect compliment. If we weren?t so loaded on offence, Wolitarsky would be targeted more

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Austin85

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 05:55:34 PM »

I apologize for this post I guess I was over thinking  the situation.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 06:24:50 PM »

not only are we blessed with an all star Canadian receiver in Demski we are also blessed with an all star running back in Harris.    Woli has made several clutch catches and is an excellent blocker.   For once in quite a long while we have two very very good Canadian receivers and three very very good Canadian RBs.    We are the envy of the league.    So yeah....you might be overthinking this or missing the point completely.  I've never ever seen as much Canadian depth on the Bomber roster especially on offence, in over 60 years as a Bomber fan!   

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »

Just like in Aug lol.  But good on you for realizing your mistake.

Our recievers our not as good as everyone thinks. Lawler average,  Demski good but injured, Bailey shouldn't be on the team, McKnight should take Bailey's spot.  Woli is under used  Adam's is our best. We need taller recievers.

Our depth at receiver overall is good to great.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 12:30:48 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
the paw

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 08:08:39 PM »

Never apologize for having an opinion, its only sports for crying out loud.

In fact, while it is true that Demski is the best CDN receiver in the league, it is also true that after the underutilized Woli, we are quite thin at receiver.

SK has Schaefer-Baker and Lenius, but they also have Picton, McInnis and Jana behind them.

BC has Shaq Johnson, (also under utilized) Lemar Durant, and Cottoy.

Calgary doesn't have one great CDN receiver, but they have a ton of depth:  Sidani, Hunchak, Hakunavantu, Malik Henry, and Malaya.

Every one of those three teams is deeper than us.  If Demski ever got an injury, our offence would be seriously hamstrung.

grab grass 'n growl
dd

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 09:12:28 PM »

I wouldn?t say our depth at receiver is great. We have McKnight and Roosevelt for depth at our int receiver spot, but who is our Nat depth receivers??? We used to have peterman but we let him get away.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 10:32:28 PM »

In fact, while it is true that Demski is the best CDN receiver in the league, it is also true that after the underutilized Woli, we are quite thin at receiver.

SK has Schaefer-Baker and Lenius, but they also have Picton, McInnis and Jana behind them.

Calgary doesn't have one great CDN receiver, but they have a ton of depth:  Sidani, Hunchak, Hakunavantu, Malik Henry, and Malaya.

Every one of those three teams is deeper than us.  If Demski ever got an injury, our offence would be seriously hamstrung.

For what Lemar Durant is making, he is VERY OVER-RATED! Has never lived up to his potential although can be a decent receiver. Playing on a BAD offensive team and a QB who no longer has time to throw or maybe the accuracy to throw the deep ball anymore. Much like that Simonize receiver who keeps bouncing around that the Bombers selected with a late draft pick several years ago. Everyone said he had tons of potential, but has never lived up to it to now. Think he is kicking around out East somewhere, maybe the Argos?

I would throw in Gerald Wilcox as being one of their best Canadian receivers the Bombers ever had. Gerald Alphin was an import, but maybe you mixed up the Geralds! Wink  Alphin's best receiving years were actually with the Ottawa Rough Riders.

Bombers have backup Canuck receivers, we just have no clue what they can do yet. What I notice is O'Shea likes to really load up on Canuck defensive players for special teams cover and return teams. They are always very over-weighted to that end if you examine their rosters every week.

Gord Patterson was not a world breaking receiver really. He was good for a Canadian receiver at the time he played, but would not even be a backup today possibly. Poplawski was a natural athlete. Very durable and sure handed. Rick House as well, but he was shorter. A gamer for sure though.  Had deceptive speed. Pop, House, Boyd and Murphy were a scary receiving core. Willard in the backfield with a fullback. 5 or 6 pack receiver sets were very uncommon back in the 1980's.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 06:15:19 AM »

Any sightings of Brendan O?Leary-Orange on Sat?  I didn't notice if he played or not.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2021, 06:54:25 AM »

Demski is the best Canadian WR in the CFL. Has potential to be one of the Bombers all-time great Canadian WR?s. Wolitarsky is amazing when needed and he?s the perfect compliment. If we weren?t so loaded on offence, Wolitarsky would be targeted more

I may not be putting enough thought into this, but it seems to me Demski is the leading candidate for Most Outstanding Canadian this season.  Can't even think of who his biggest competitors might be.
dizzycamper

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 12:01:25 PM »

Any sightings of Brendan O?Leary-Orange on Sat?  I didn't notice if he played or not.

Was out there, in uniform (#84) during the warm ups prior to the game.
the paw

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2021, 12:41:14 PM »

I may not be putting enough thought into this, but it seems to me Demski is the leading candidate for Most Outstanding Canadian this season.  Can't even think of who his biggest competitors might be.

Jordan Williams and Bo Lokombo are both having great years.  Williams has more tackles, but Lokombo has 3 INTs and 4 sacks.

It would be hard to pick a Redblack, and his stats don't jump off the sheet, but I think Cleyon Laing has a good chance of coming out of the East.

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2021, 01:15:23 PM »

Our NAT starting receivers are as good as any starting group in the league but we do need some depth for sure. Bringing back Petey this offseason might be something we look at.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2021, 02:05:32 PM »

Okay -- who would you like us to sign?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: