Blue Bombers Forum
December 03, 2021, 12:18:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We better pray Collaros doesn't get injured  (Read 1200 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2021, 12:30:20 PM »

Hopefully we're in a position to give McGuire some meaningful game time in the next 3 games. One, in order to prepare him to play should the need to play occur. Secondly to give Collaros some time to recover from the wear and tear players deal with during the season. The less time he's on the field the less time he's at risk of any injury.

Obviously it's a slippery slope with no exact path. Players can get injured on the 1st play or the last play of any game. They can get injured in practice as well. This applies to every single player on the roster.

On the positive side our OL has been pretty good in protecting Collaros. On the negative side, Collaros does at times take longer to allow a play to develop. That's what makes him so good but he has taken some hits we wish he avoided.

We'll see how things go over the next 3 games. No injury to any player is a good thing, especially going into the playoffs.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2021, 12:32:25 PM »

I still think the only thing preventing, at least, a Grey Cup appearance this year. Are the kickers.  Windy IGF on Dec.05...

Injuries are higher on that list. Beyond the QB position losing Demski or a couple of OL for example would be difficult to overcome. The list goes on for defence as well. Alexander and Bighill would be crippling.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2021, 12:35:24 PM »

What a garbage thread.

?Wouldn?t it suck if our good players were injured??

?Yeah, we better hope that doesn?t happen?

Like?..what?

I agree !! What if an asteroid hits the earth ?

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »

The Bombers would still be the defending champs and class of the league this season. Grin

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
wpg#1

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2021, 01:18:01 PM »

The Bombers would still be the defending champs and class of the league this season. Grin

ha ha  .... that's true !!

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Donny C

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2021, 02:18:55 PM »

Then the dinosaurs would die (my best guess).
wpg#1

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »

Then the dinosaurs would die (my best guess).
You mean ... like ... Michael Reilly ?

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Donny C

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2021, 02:59:36 PM »

You mean ... like ... Michael Reilly ?

YES!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2021, 03:52:23 PM »

Modadmin might be to kill this thread. It is pointless. Austin85 barely even comes on here. A bit trolly.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2021, 04:29:40 PM »

Hopefully we're in a position to give McGuire some meaningful game time in the next 3 games. One, in order to prepare him to play should the need to play occur. Secondly to give Collaros some time to recover from the wear and tear players deal with during the season. The less time he's on the field the less time he's at risk of any injury.

Obviously it's a slippery slope with no exact path. Players can get injured on the 1st play or the last play of any game. They can get injured in practice as well. This applies to every single player on the roster.

On the positive side our OL has been pretty good in protecting Collaros. On the negative side, Collaros does at times take longer to allow a play to develop. That's what makes him so good but he has taken some hits we wish he avoided.

We'll see how things go over the next 3 games. No injury to any player is a good thing, especially going into the playoffs.

Agreed, they should provide McGuire  with as many reps. as possible through to end of the season, this will give them a better understanding of his future capabilities.  It may answer the question "is he the next starting QB of the BB or should we keep on looking?". 

I think the Bomber team as a whole is already at the point that they would have a pretty good shot at winning the Grey Cup this season even with a second string QB behind center, depending of course on the competence of the opponents they face along the way. As long as the D can continue to limit points scored against, the O backed by a reliable foot could still squeeze out victories in low scoring games against the majority of teams.  Even if the QB was not capable of stringing a drive together through the air, the running game is so dynamic right now even without Harris this team could win solely by running the ball down the opponents throat.  Not a team in the league could stop them.

Much like 1988 when the Bomber D carried Sean Salisbury with them on their way to a Grey Cup victory, this team is better positioned to do the same with McGuire, than the crew that lost to the Riders in 2007 with Dinwiddie at the helm.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:28:11 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2021, 08:13:31 PM »

Agreed, they should provide McGuire  with as many reps. as possible through to end of the season, this will give them a better understanding of his future capabilities.  It may answer the question "is he the next starting QB of the BB or should we keep on looking?". 

I think the Bomber team as a whole is already at the point that they would have a pretty good shot at winning the Grey Cup this season even with a second string QB behind center, depending of course on the competence of the opponents they face along the way. As long as the D can continue to limit points scored against, the O backed by a reliable foot could still squeeze out victories in low scoring games against the majority of teams.  Even if the QB was not capable of stringing a drive together through the air, the running game is so dynamic right now even without Harris this team could win solely by running the ball down the opponents throat.  Not a team in the league could stop them.

Much like 1988 when the Bomber D carried Sean Salisbury with them on their way to a Grey Cup victory, this team is better positioned to do the same with McGuire, than the crew that lost to the Riders in 2007 with Dinwiddie at the helm.

Plus do not forget the Blue Bombers had the Riders by the throat upon expiration of that game but Dinwiddie threw a pick instead of jogging for a 1st down to midfield or into Rider territory. With 2mins left on the clock to move into kicking range. That game stunk because we had them right where we wanted them.

That was with a average D, a zero snaps QB, maybe not the greatest coach in Berry and a likely hung over Roberts and we still should of won that game. Riders and Joseph were not particularly not sharp in that game either.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:16:59 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: