Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2022, 09:48:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We better pray Collaros doesn't get injured  (Read 4066 times)
ichabod_crane

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 08:09:31 PM »

Roll the dice and rope for the best and give McGuire plent of reps

They have been rolling the dice ALL year and it keeps coming up 7's or 11's (a craps reference)! Wink Collaros has taken some shots all year, but none to the head really. If not for the cheap shot he took in early 2019, he may still be playing in Sask for all we know. He keeps on chucking and ducking when needed and with the Bombers great o-line, he is less worried about himself and more about getting the ball to his receivers. He is also almost always sliding if he does run. In the playoffs he may stretch out more if they need a crucial first down. One and done season you need to let it ALL hang out! Wink Even that potential pick 6 gift he threw to that Edmonton db the other game, he came right back and burned them the next play.

I also think we need to commend Buck Pierce for utilizing the offensive talent on this team very well. He has been tinkering all year with improvements each game I am sure. They are spreading the ball around to everyone which keeps defences on their toes. They don't know where the next pass is going or where the run is coming from. O-Line manhandling the other defence often too which helps. Collaros got a true second life coming to this team, a fresh outlook  on his career. Probably the biggest trade for this team since the Brock for Clements trade in 1983. Tommy was dying out in Hamilton at the time. Similar to the Bombers he came to Winnipeg and was rejuvenated behind a good offensive line. Sounds very similar to Collaros although Clements did not lead the team to the GC until the next year.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2021, 08:13:09 PM »

They have been rolling the dice ALL year and it keeps coming up 7's or 11's (a craps reference)! Wink Collaros has taken some shots all year, but none to the head really. If not for the cheap shot he took in early 2019, he may still be playing in Sask for all we know. He keeps on chucking and ducking when needed and with the Bombers great o-line, he is less worried about himself and more about getting the ball to his receivers. He is also almost always sliding if he does run. In the playoffs he may stretch out more if they need a crucial first down. One and done season you need to let it ALL hang out! Wink Even that potential pick 6 gift he threw to that Edmonton db the other game, he came right back and burned them the next play.

I also think we need to commend Buck Pierce for utilizing the offensive talent on this team very well. He has been tinkering all year with improvements each game I am sure. They are spreading the ball around to everyone which keeps defences on their toes. They don't know where the next pass is going or where the run is coming from. O-Line manhandling the other defence often too which helps. Collaros got a true second life coming to this team, a fresh outlook  on his career. Probably the biggest trade for this team since the Brock for Clements trade in 1983. Tommy was dying out in Hamilton at the time. Similar to the Bombers he came to Winnipeg and was rejuvenated behind a good offensive line. Sounds very similar to Collaros although Clements did not lead the team to the GC until the next year.
Agree about our offense, we spread the love around and make the other team hate us for that lol.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2021, 08:14:38 PM »

Gotta say, I wasn't happy with the play calling early in the year, but Buck's come around.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »

I would bring back Nichols in a minute. The Bombers with this defense could win a cup with Nichols in charge. Nichols knows the offense and is good at protecting the ball.

Absolutely not. 2021 Nichols is a shell of his former self.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Sec227

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 01:29:23 PM »

Agreed, I don't think Matt throws another ball in the CFL. Couple of the new guys around the league Marier, Shitltz wtc have shown they may have some longevity. AND run the ball. Cheaper alternaitives for teams.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2021, 01:30:06 AM »

Nichols may get one more kick at the can next season if he can actually recover fully from his injuries, but he will need to start as the backup at best. NO WAY he can demand starter's money anymore. Heavily incentive laden at best or pure backup salary. He needs to learn from Kevin Glenn to extend his career.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2021, 02:27:27 AM »

Nichols may get one more kick at the can next season if he can actually recover fully from his injuries, but he will need to start as the backup at best. NO WAY he can demand starter's money anymore. Heavily incentive laden at best or pure backup salary. He needs to learn from Kevin Glenn to extend his career.

If healthy do you not think Nichols would emerge from camp as the starter?  I'd bet money he'd come out on top.
Jesse

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2021, 02:36:46 AM »

What a garbage thread.

?Wouldn?t it suck if our good players were injured??

?Yeah, we better hope that doesn?t happen?

Like?..what?

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »

Sure, he may get another look in the CFL but that depends on a few factors. It won't be here in Winnipeg, though - which was my point.

What a garbage thread.

?Wouldn?t it suck if our good players were injured??

?Yeah, we better hope that doesn?t happen?

Like?..what?

This. It applies to literally every team in the league.

"bEtTeR pRaY!" Cheesy

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:31 AM »

Clearly McGuire isn't a number 1. He's a good 3rd and short QB. If Collaros goes down, we better have a shut out since our field goal kicker sucks...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2021, 01:08:25 AM »

Clearly McGuire isn't a number 1. He's a good 3rd and short QB. If Collaros goes down, we better have a shut out since our field goal kicker sucks...
ah nice to make your presence smelt!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2021, 01:09:58 AM »

I don't think it's a garbage thread and not all teams are affected the same if their #1 Qb gets hurt. Calgary would be fine, as Hamilton , Montreal and toronto. Ottawa , BC and Edmonton who cares.

It highlights the importance 1 player plays on this team and if he gets hurt, no way we win it. Harris is hurt, we roll on. Lawler say out, we lived. Collaros is out , we are done. That said, I don't think he does get hurt, and we thank our lucky stars.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:13:18 AM by dd » Logged
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2021, 03:04:44 AM »

I don't think it's a garbage thread and not all teams are affected the same if their #1 Qb gets hurt. Calgary would be fine, as Hamilton , Montreal and toronto. Ottawa , BC and Edmonton who cares.

It highlights the importance 1 player plays on this team and if he gets hurt, no way we win it. Harris is hurt, we roll on. Lawler say out, we lived. Collaros is out , we are done. That said, I don't think he does get hurt, and we thank our lucky stars.
Well... we almost beat the Riders in the 07' Cup with Dinwiddie who didn't have any reps going into that game....and our D is vastly superior to that one.    I'm trying to remain optimistic here.    With the year Zach is having it would be tragic if he couldn't go all the way to the final whistle on December 4th!

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2021, 03:20:21 AM »

Well... we almost beat the Riders in the 07' Cup with Dinwiddie who didn't have any reps going into that game....and our D is vastly superior to that one.    I'm trying to remain optimistic here.    With the year Zach is having it would be tragic if he couldn't go all the way to the final whistle on December 4th!

Exactly the thought that went through my mind (regarding Dinwiddie and the 2007 Grey Cup).  No one can say Sean McGuire cannot be a #1 QB in this league.  No one can say if we lost Zach Collaros to injury the team would be toast.  The same people that brought this team to win the GC in 2019 are the same people deemed McGuire was going to be our #2 this season, backing up our starting QB should he get injured.

I think I'll put my faith in the Blue Bomber player decision-makers for the time being.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sec227

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2021, 12:28:30 PM »

I still think the only thing preventing, at least, a Grey Cup appearance this year. Are the kickers.  Windy IGF on Dec.05...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: