Main Menu

Crispy crunch...

Started by The Zipp, October 16, 2021, 01:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on October 26, 2021, 09:52:28 PM
Really?  Wunderbars are an ok change up, but not in the top ten, really...  Occasionally, they are ok, but the test of any top level chocolate bar is... "If I had 100 left over from halloween, would they last 3 days...  Wunderbars would last a month...

Weren't you one of the Vikings in the Wunderbar commercial?

Jesse

I can't think of what a wunderbar tastes like.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on October 26, 2021, 10:10:24 PM
I can't think of what a wunderbar tastes like.

Its like a caramilk peanut butter cup...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Ghirardelli chocolate squares are pretty delicious. The salted caramel is my personal fave.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Lindt balls are a nice treat as well...smoooooth.

theaardvark

As long as we are venturing away from the "Conventional chocolate bars" theme... Icy Squares and After Eight / Alpine chocolate mints..
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on October 26, 2021, 09:52:28 PM
Really?  Wunderbars are an ok change up, but not in the top ten, really...  Occasionally, they are ok, but the test of any top level chocolate bar is... "If I had 100 left over from halloween, would they last 3 days...  Wunderbars would last a month...

Quote from: theaardvark on October 27, 2021, 05:24:16 PM
As long as we are venturing away from the "Conventional chocolate bars" theme... Icy Squares and After Eight / Alpine chocolate mints..

These comments are sickening.

Wunderbar is an exceptional bar.

Mint in anything beyond gum/candies/fluoride flavouring at the dentist (although I'm a grape man myself) is completely wrong.
#Ride?

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on October 26, 2021, 05:50:08 PM
The butcher shop on Nairn with the cow on top has some of the best Milka bars...love that butcher shop!!  Best corned beef, best kielbasa, great European products.

Wunderbars are good..

All correct.

That Butcher Shop (think it's called Sausage Makers?) is where my family bought "the good stuff" as a treat from time to time when I was young. They still live in the neighbourhood and frequent it. Great quality products and a fantastic family business.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 27, 2021, 05:40:05 PM
These comments are sickening.

Wunderbar is an exceptional bar.

Mint in anything beyond gum/candies/fluoride flavouring at the dentist (although I'm a grape man myself) is completely wrong.

Mint/chocolate is the best combo (Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Schnaaps on a cold day, yum), followed closely by orange/chocolate (which Aero seems to have figured out with their seasonal bars)

Some people have issues with mint, like some people have issues with cilantro, it just doesn't sit well with their tastebuds, and I feel sorry for both groups.

Wunderbar is OK, but not a top 10 in my books.  I do occasionally like one, and would buy a box of hallowe'en assorted with them in it, knowing that I'd have some a month later still. 

blue_gold_84

An After Eight or two with an evening coffee is pretty darn good, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on October 27, 2021, 06:50:00 PM
Mint/chocolate is the best combo (Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Schnaaps on a cold day, yum), followed closely by orange/chocolate (which Aero seems to have figured out with their seasonal bars)

Some people have issues with mint, like some people have issues with cilantro, it just doesn't sit well with their tastebuds, and I feel sorry for both groups.

Wunderbar is OK, but not a top 10 in my books.  I do occasionally like one, and would buy a box of hallowe'en assorted with them in it, knowing that I'd have some a month later still. 

Terry's Chocolate Orange....you take out aggression whacking it on a table them eat the milk or dark chocolate goodness...win/win

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on October 27, 2021, 08:07:37 PM
Terry's Chocolate Orange....you take out aggression whacking it on a table them eat the milk or dark chocolate goodness...win/win

A really nice treat around the Christmas holidays.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Stats Junkie

Purdys dark chocolate mocha meltie
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

ModAdmin

Have to say, this thread, in the midst of a great CFL/Bomber football season, is epic.  :D
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

theaardvark

Looks like the thread these has made it onto twitter... lot of controversy over Crunchie over there... with Bug Turk getting mentioned...