Blue Bombers Forum
November 29, 2022, 03:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Full house for 2021 Grey Cup; Hamilton awarded 2023 game  (Read 3570 times)
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 07:59:11 PM »

They are only selling 24K tickets, no extra bleachers/stands being built for 2021.

Without Festival Events and team hosted parties, good on the CFL to award them 2023 game.

Fans that are going will just find a local bar and create there own team party.

You also have to be fully vaccinated to attend. First thing the sales lady asked when we called about tickets.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 08:43:57 PM »

Definately, we should have it in 2026 if there is no new stadium in Cgy or EDM... maybe even if there is... they can have 2028

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Donny C

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 08:50:23 PM »

Bomber season ticket holders can get their Grey Cup tickets now. We got ours last week by calling the Ticats ticket office.

Only supposed to have access on the 19th. So that's interesting
Donny C

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 08:58:34 PM »

I'm not sure what I want to do here!

IF WPG makes the Grey Cup I want to be there!! I already have a hotel booked that I can cancel!

But I'd be going by myself (like I did in Calgary) and if I wait until WPG is in it officially, I could buy a group of tickets with other Bomber fans.

ichabod_crane

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:01 PM »

Definately, we should have it in 2026 if there is no new stadium in Cgy or EDM... maybe even if there is... they can have 2028

I extremely doubt Edmonton is getting any new stadium soon. What's wrong with Commonwealth stadium? It's going to be hosting 2026 World Cup soccer games. So if anything it may get some upgrades for that event.

Calgary I think you can forget too. Nobody is going to cough up money to build one since Flames already waiting on their new building. Unless Oil and natural gas stay high, there is nothing in the coffers for a new stadium in Calgary.

Montreal is LONG overdue, but will that old concrete monolith Olympic stadium be certified for usage in November is always the question?! Wink
BlueGold8597

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 10:38:22 PM »

The Spanish flu was over after about 2.5 years and that was WITHOUT any vaccines available. So if that is anything to base this pandemic on, it will all end or be mopping up later next year. NO guarantee though. Regina certainly more in jeopardy than Hamilton in two years.

Toronto held the GC for decades almost prior to 1960. BC alternated for a while in the 60's & 80's. BC even had two in a row in 1986 and 1987. So not unprecedented at all. Big OWE in Montreal had it every second year starting in 1977 until 1981.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grey_Cup_champions

The city rotation really did not start until the 1990's where cities/Teams had to bid on the game instead of the league just awarding the games. This awarding sounds more like a league award though. 2024 and onward probably back to the bidding war.

They didn't have social media and 24 hour news in 1918 either. Expect this to last at least through 2023
bomb squad

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 11:05:18 PM »

I extremely doubt Edmonton is getting any new stadium soon. What's wrong with Commonwealth stadium? It's going to be hosting 2026 World Cup soccer games. So if anything it may get some upgrades for that event.

Calgary I think you can forget too. Nobody is going to cough up money to build one since Flames already waiting on their new building. Unless Oil and natural gas stay high, there is nothing in the coffers for a new stadium in Calgary.

Montreal is LONG overdue, but will that old concrete monolith Olympic stadium be certified for usage in November is always the question?! Wink

New stadium for Calgary not in the cards for this decade. Unfortunate, because the city deserves something a lot better.
blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »

They didn't have social media and 24 hour news in 1918 either. Expect this to last at least through 2023

You mean the world was a very different place over a century ago...? No way!

But of course social media and a 24 hours news cycle have very little to do with a novel virus.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
BlueGold8597

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 03:17:31 PM »

You mean the world was a very different place over a century ago...? No way!

But of course social media and a 24 hours news cycle have very little to do with a novel virus.
'

They have everything to do with how we choose to react to said virus. Which you may have noticed. There is clearly not going to be a return to "normal" and expecting events in future years to resemble events in the "before times" is simply not realistic. There's no reason to assume that the 2023 Grey Cup will not be impacted by COVID protocols and rules.
Ridermania

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »

Hardly any Grey Cup tickets left already!
Donny C

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 05:08:18 PM »

Hardly any Grey Cup tickets left already!

My question is will Hamilton Season Ticket holders sell their tickets if Hamilton doesn't make the Grey Cup? (That usually happens in a host city when the host team isn't in it).

Also, since they have the Grey Cup again in 2 years, season ticket holders may be more inclined to sell if Hamilton isn't in it this year.
theaardvark

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2021, 06:16:41 PM »

My question is will Hamilton Season Ticket holders sell their tickets if Hamilton doesn't make the Grey Cup? (That usually happens in a host city when the host team isn't in it).

Also, since they have the Grey Cup again in 2 years, season ticket holders may be more inclined to sell if Hamilton isn't in it this year.

STH's of any team that has bought GC tickets but their team doesn't make it (7 of those) will sell their tickets to this game.  I foresee a very cheap last minute marketplace.  Because this year, unlike every other year, all there is is the game.  No GC week festivities, no Schooners party, nothing.  No reason to go except to see your team.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Donny C

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2021, 07:13:39 PM »

STH's of any team that has bought GC tickets but their team doesn't make it (7 of those) will sell their tickets to this game.  I foresee a very cheap last minute marketplace.  Because this year, unlike every other year, all there is is the game.  No GC week festivities, no Schooners party, nothing.  No reason to go except to see your team.

Has that been officially annnounced?

Last I heard is that more details were coming and that they would have events where there is ticketed seating.
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »

Has that been officially annnounced?

Last I heard is that more details were coming and that they would have events where there is ticketed seating.

I guess as we get closer, depending on the COVID protocols in place in Ontario... but mounting a Schooner's party last minute doesn't seen viable, nor any normal GC festivity.  Just the fact the crowd will be half (or less) the normal size, and COVID, well... hard enough to make money on a normal GC week...

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: