Blue Bombers Forum
June 27, 2022, 02:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucky Whitehead believes he is faster than any of our DBs  (Read 5685 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2021, 04:33:59 PM »

Lucky Whitehead@Luck2fastt
Surgery postponed

Looks like he shouldn't have been back out on the field...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2021, 05:01:16 PM »

That sucks for the guy. Today's reports are that he'll be out 2 - 4 weeks. Not sure how believable that might be if he hasn't had surgery yet. We'll see how this pans out for him.

Lions didn't land D. Williams so they'll need somebody to get healthy from the IR or activate a PR player. D. Rhymes is the only possibility I see but he may not be healthy before their next game?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 06:11:19 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »

2-4 *after* surgery?  On a hand?  That sounds optimistic...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2021, 07:02:36 PM »

I agree. 2-4 weeks if you work in an office. Catching passes with some zip on them and taking hits, probably more like 6-8 weeks.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Blue In BC

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2021, 07:11:59 PM »

I agree. 2-4 weeks if you work in an office. Catching passes with some zip on them and taking hits, probably more like 6-8 weeks.

Yeah, that was more PR than fact IMO. Quite likely he'll miss the rest of the regular season if not the entire season. He hasn't even had the surgery yet and that might be a week or two down the road.

I was looking forward to watching him play against other teams in 2021.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2021, 08:33:50 PM »

Yeah, that was more PR than fact IMO. Quite likely he'll miss the rest of the regular season if not the entire season. He hasn't even had the surgery yet and that might be a week or two down the road.

I was looking forward to watching him play against other teams in 2021.
yeah.....feel bad for him.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2021, 10:01:40 PM »

Chez_TsnEdge
@DavisSanchez
1h
West getting interesting DeVier Posey is signing with the @BCLions yes fills immediate need with Whitehead INJ .. They will be loaded once that core together #CFL

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
dd

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2021, 10:39:31 PM »

For all the nay sayers and guys who said pass on Posey, the Lions did the obvious? signed a former grey cup mvp and made their club instantly better in the process. Well duh.......

So sask got better, and B.C. got better and our best receiver gets suspended for dui, great week so far!!!
ichabod_crane

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2021, 11:59:31 PM »

For all the nay sayers and guys who said pass on Posey, the Lions did the obvious? signed a former grey cup mvp and made their club instantly better in the process. Well duh.......

So sask got better, and B.C. got better and our best receiver gets suspended for dui, great week so far!!!

One game against the new doormats of the CFL Edmonton? REALLY MAN?! I think the Bombers can survive for one game. Still have our trigger man at QB, great running back and o-line and ferocious defence. More than one game would be a different story, but Bombers play Edmonchuk twice in a row. Adams, Bailey and Demski alone can carry the load if they need to short term.

Sask's guy still needs to clear protocols and quarantine coming up from the USA before he can play I believe. Just can't slot him in immediately. So he won't play this weekend I imagine unless he gets preferential treatment or is fully vaxxed.
Duke was good before, but is he still? Did not come up for pocket change I imagine.

Posey? We shall see. Can't stick with Hamilton who had Addison out, maybe wants big coin. You are ASSUMING a lot about players that have not even played this season in the CFL. Still a lot of if's.
https://www.cfl.ca/players/devier-posey/161915/

Even Roosevelt, what does he really have left in the tank? Adequate fill in at best is my guess.
dd

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2021, 01:32:38 AM »

I guess the upside to this week is ya, we play Edmonton and will crush them with or without whomever in our lineup. They are simply awful.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2021, 01:34:13 AM »

I guess the upside to this week is ya, we play Edmonton and will crush them with or without whomever in our lineup. They are simply awful.
With Harris starting QB Rattle him early and often and he?ll get happy feet then could be pick offs galore.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ichabod_crane

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2021, 02:30:25 AM »

With Harris starting QB Rattle him early and often and he?ll get happy feet then could be pick offs galore.

This team has too many vets to let this upset the apple cart. Keep your eyes on the prize always and focus on that.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2021, 03:33:03 PM »

After watching the Bombers since I was 8 years old (62 years ago) I have come to never underestimate ANY teams ability to defeat us.   We are number one at the moment and Edmonton is dead last and yes it's easy to bet on the Bombers at home.    The bookies will likely give the Bombers a fairly wide point spread and the Elks are experiencing inter strife at the moment for various reasons.    This game is crucial for them in terms of playoff hopes and Harris can rack up points with his arsenal of capable receivers.   Fighters are most dangerous when on the ropes and the Elks season is just that....on the ropes.    Do I think we will win?   Yeah....but we still have to play the game.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »

After watching the Bombers since I was 8 years old (62 years ago) I have come to never underestimate ANY teams ability to defeat us.   We are number one at the moment and Edmonton is dead last and yes it's easy to bet on the Bombers at home.    The bookies will likely give the Bombers a fairly wide point spread and the Elks are experiencing inter strife at the moment for various reasons.    This game is crucial for them in terms of playoff hopes and Harris can rack up points with his arsenal of capable receivers.   Fighters are most dangerous when on the ropes and the Elks season is just that....on the ropes.    Do I think we will win?   Yeah....but we still have to play the game.
All completely valid points! But OSH will not let guys go into a game where they think they have won it already. Plus we have a veteran laden group.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Jesse

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »

All completely valid points! But OSH will not let guys go into a game where they think they have won it already. Plus we have a veteran laden group.

Ok. Settle down. We've lost numerous games like this under MOS. Including this season against Toronto.

But yeah, we got this.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: