Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Don't quote me on this but driving home yesterday I briefly heard who I believe was Brian Munz, comment on Dubois

Regarding the supposed attendance at the Draft in Montreal by PLD & his family ........ he stated, not verbatim, that it was highly unlikely
In no uncertain order; why was there not a single posting of a picture on social media with the many thousands in attendance ?
    how did the Dubois family stay sheltered, basically in hiding, from journalists, other organizations, etc..
  the father Eric, think that's his name, is employed by the Moose and it would be unethical for him to remain hidden

Anyways, it was a few reasons like that which has me confirming why I thought the rumor was or is bunk 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Neither Murat Ates nor Arpon Basu gave up their source's name but in their combined article in The Athletic last Friday, that source confirmed Dubois attended the draft in Montreal the week prior. Nothing was ever stated regarding whether members of his family were also there, though.

Reporting on that without confirmation could damage the credibility of both writers, so it seems odd they'd report it had it been just a rumour.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

well whatever was right or wrong about his possible presence ...... might the Habs fling an offer sheet Chevy's way
The return would be something like their first picks in Rd 1,2 & 3 ........ hmmmmm ?

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Darren Dreger just tweeted Dubois has accepted his QO, 1 year, $6M AAV.

https://www.tsn.ca/pierre-luc-dubois-winnipeg-jets-qualifying-offer-1.1828279
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Chevy keeps PLD on the cheap.
So perhaps we start the season with 2 above average C?s ready to compete.
No doubt with all our fingers crossed for a great start 

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Checking Cap Friendly it?s easy to realize that Dallas need to free up $$
They have 2 bright future assets in Otteinger & Robertson who need contracts
Has Chevy, hopefully, asked Bowness of his opinion of some bottom 6 forwards

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on August 02, 2022, 06:12:25 AM
Checking Cap Friendly it?s easy to realize that Dallas need to free up $$
They have 2 bright future assets in Otteinger & Robertson who need contracts
Has Chevy, hopefully, asked Bowness of his opinion of some bottom 6 forwards

We can't go into the season as we are.

Seems like an easy fix to trade a dman for a forward - but it seems like the fixed cap has a bunch of GMs in trouble.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

As the Oilers need to lessen their pay roll should Chevy consider, though it's not always great to trade within your own Division .....
....... moving a Dman, perhaps Heinola or Stanley for Yamamoto or Puljujarvi
personally like Kailer's compete ...... but Jesse P., certainly could excel in front of the net
Oh and both are RH shooters ...... with Yamamoto having PK experience and both familiar to PP time

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

I liked that we locked down App's for the next three years. I am hearing 2M, 2.25M, 2.25M.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

I am really shocked with the inactivity of the Jets. This team really need a 4th line.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on August 09, 2022, 06:17:13 PM
I am really shocked with the inactivity of the Jets. This team really need a 4th line.

Who would you like them to sign?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

sign veteran UFA, Tyler Motte, who is only 27, for the 4th line
His offence on either wing, is like a 4th liner. He takes the body, 117 hits in 58 gms. without many PM, and can kill penalties

Even a long shot signing would be Sam Gagner.
Played to just a -4 in Detroit in 81 gms., scored 13 times as a bottom 6 fwd., can skate, kill penalties 

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on August 09, 2022, 07:21:46 PM
sign veteran UFA, Tyler Motte, who is only 27, for the 4th line
His offence on either wing, is like a 4th liner. He takes the body, 117 hits in 58 gms. without many PM, and can kill penalties

Even a long shot signing would be Sam Gagner.
Played to just a -4 in Detroit in 81 gms., scored 13 times as a bottom 6 fwd., can skate, kill penalties 

Getting Stastny sign would be a good start.

Both would be good 4th line players. Have got time to look at the list right now, busy netting fish for the Grandson's.

It looks like Micheal Stone is still out there. Big physical D man. Played for $750K last year. Could add some toughness to our D.