Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 14, 2022, 07:14:30 PM
Just because nothing has materialized doesn't mean negotiations aren't taking place. We're barely a day into free agency.

There's no sense making a trade if it doesn't benefit the team, anyway.

Yeah, that never happened. Dubois didn't cry about anything.
his Agent Pat Brisson just said in the media PLD would like to play in Montreal. So there is that!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 15, 2022, 03:48:06 AM
his Agent Pat Brisson just said in the media PLD would like to play in Montreal. So there is that!

Brisson said a few things to TVA Sports, a pretty biased-to-the-Habs media outlet. But Dubois never cried to anyone.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Sanford signs with Nashville, 1 year/$850K.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

PL80 attended the draft thinking he was going to be traded to Montreal?? Not sure how many of these reports are true, but what does Montreal have that we need or want?

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 17, 2022, 03:20:16 AM
PL80 attended the draft thinking he was going to be traded to Montreal?? Not sure how many of these reports are true, but what does Montreal have that we need or want?

The only players we want are ones they are unwilling to trade.

And other teams won?t give us value because he?s already announced he?s going to Montreal.

We are boned. He?ll net us some crappy draft picks at a trade deadline in the next year or two and we lost Laine for nothing.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on July 17, 2022, 04:32:32 AM
The only players we want are ones they are unwilling to trade.

And other teams won?t give us value because he?s already announced he?s going to Montreal.

We are boned. He?ll net us some crappy draft picks at a trade deadline in the next year or two and we lost Laine for nothing.

Mite have to be a three team trade?

Jockitch

Apparently his agent reupped the words on PLD wanting to play for the Habs
So with that in mind ?? how bout Chevy gets the Habs 1 st pick in next year?s Draft
Plus 26 yr old Center C. Dvorak, who can be a decent 2nd line centre. Terrific faceoff man & kills penalties
Plus youngish forward Jake Evans who is a very good skater, kills penalties & depth for bottom 6.
Habs might want a starting Dman, who Jets have depth in.
Perhaps we force them to take on Schmidt?s contract and we take someone like Anderson
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

How bad does Montreal want PL80? How about Slafkovsky, Dvorak, and Guhle for PL80 and NS88, and we look at Klingberg.

Jockitch

Quote from: Pigskin on July 17, 2022, 04:17:31 PM
How bad does Montreal want PL80? How about Slafkovsky, Dvorak, and Guhle for PL80 and NS88, and we look at Klingberg.

Not bad but thinking Guhle would be hard to get in the above scenario
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 17, 2022, 04:17:31 PM

They can get him for free in two years.

It would be nice to do it sooner rather than later, but he's not bringing in value.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on July 17, 2022, 07:46:27 PM
They can get him for free in two years.

It would be nice to do it sooner rather than later, but he's not bringing in value.

I don't think there is anyway Montreal is giving up Suzuki. They want Suzuki and PL80 as there 1/1A centers.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 18, 2022, 03:15:31 AM
I don't think there is anyway Montreal is giving up Suzuki. They want Suzuki and PL80 as there 1/1A centers.

Nope. They?ll offer us trash.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

What the hell is wrong with Pierre-Luc Dubois? Pretty much the epitome of an entitled athlete who's proven nothing.

He pulled this crap in junior. He pulled this crap in Columbus. And now he's pulled it here barely a year and a half after seeming pretty happy to join this organization and be a part of it.

He declined his QO from the Jets, so this doesn't necessarily help him. If the Habs toss him an offer sheet, all the Jets have to do is match it and he doesn't go anywhere.

He and his clown agent going public like this, plus his little stunt at the draft, only seems to have reinforced what a self-centered turd he is.

What sucks the most in all of this is that the team had to move Laine as a result.

EDIT: Maybe I overreacted a bit here. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 18, 2022, 05:14:18 PM
What the hell is wrong with Pierre-Luc Dubois? Pretty much the epitome of an entitled athlete who's proven nothing.

He pulled this crap in junior. He pulled this crap in Columbus. And now he's pulled it here barely a year and a half after seeming pretty happy to join this organization and be a part of it.

He declined his QO from the Jets, so this doesn't necessarily help him. If the Habs toss him an offer sheet, all the Jets have to do is match it and he doesn't go anywhere.

He and his clown agent going public like this, plus his little stunt at the draft, only seems to have reinforced what a self-centered turd he is.

What sucks the most in all of this is that the team had to move Laine as a result.
OK so now we agree PLD and his agent are pulling BS In public? You were denying this earlier.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 18, 2022, 08:19:56 PM
OK so now we agree PLD and his agent are pulling BS In public? You were denying this earlier.

I didn't deny anything. I said it was his agent who made the statement, which was accurate at the time. New information came out since then (about Dubois attending the draft and reportedly anticipating a trade), which obviously changes the complexion of the situation and thus, my opinion.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.