Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on June 30, 2022, 03:46:02 PM
Sorry, don't mean to intrude, I am sure your comment was directed at me, so I will respond to this.  Its apples and orangutangs. 

The player you are mentioning is in a leadership position and under a binding contract for a number of years, the other a pending free agent.

The situations are far from equal, and barely similar.

Two years of team control - pretty similar.

More unexpected from MS, given the history and his well documented work ethic and goal setting early in his career, which is probably what set a lot of people off.

Quote from: Jockitch on June 29, 2022, 09:55:16 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-gaining-clarity-on-dubois-future-will-determine-off-season-approach/

Decent read

All I want is clarity on the players and coaches in flux and a direction from the team.

Sign 'em up and go for a play off run or trade 'em all and go for draft picks.

I just want to know.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2022, 05:30:04 PM
More unexpected from MS, given the history and his well documented work ethic and goal setting early in his career, which is probably what set a lot of people off.

All I want is clarity on the players and coaches in flux and a direction from the team.

I just want to know.

Toxic attitude.

I expect we will be shipping you out after such a comment.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on June 30, 2022, 03:46:02 PM
Sorry, don't mean to intrude, I am sure your comment was directed at me, so I will respond to this.  Its apples and orangutangs. 

The player you are mentioning is in a leadership position and under a binding contract for a number of years, the other a pending free agent.

The situations are far from equal, and barely similar.

You didn't explain how they're different situations. Objectively, they're really not.

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2022, 05:30:04 PM

I just want to know.

You and everyone else. This has been agonizing.

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 30, 2022, 04:04:17 PM
Not that dissimilar. You are advocating for a leadership position for Dubois. Dubois is a restricted free agent who absolutely will be under contract if we want him to be for 2 years. Dubois is just as much a part of the team as Scheifele at this moment in time.

The "difference" is negligible, if not nonexistent. If the ship doesn't get turned around, the team could potentially lose both players in two years time.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

And now it sounds like the Bruins are closing in on Montgomery as their next HC... Ugh.

This off-season is just garbage.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Jockitch

seems I caught a text that Tocchet had been made an offer
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

The Winnipeg Jets and veteran coach Rick Bowness are working on finalizing his agreement to be the next coach of the Jets. This will end a thorough interview process for the @NHLJets that began with Barry Trotz as the target. Experience a key factor here.

From dreger

Jockitch

It now seems to be fact ....... Bowness is the "new" Jet Head Coach

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

on the fence with the choice

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Well, they went and hired another 1.0 guy.

I don't think I could be more disappointed. Certainly not looking forward to next season.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on July 01, 2022, 06:21:11 PM
Well, they went and hired another 1.0 guy.

I don't think I could be more disappointed. Certainly not looking forward to next season.

Gets a giant "yawn" from me....I still hold to the fact we should have started over with the GM position as well...stale Chevy isn't going to take this team further...

DM83

Lame signing. 
Nice fifth line guy during 1.0
Entire career a door opener and screamer at refs.
His "Schtlick" is blatantly useless today.

If I am a. Player I am out of here. At the first opportunity.
Jets have zero in the pipeline other than role players at best.
I wouldn't be surprised if all their. Players making 4 million plus are out of here as soon as they can

Jets will be out of here in five years.
Chipman has a death wish to keep,Chevaldayoff.  He can't build a sand castle.  He gets a player here, and then the first chance they can they leave, they do so. Same old, no one wants to come here.

Pretty sad.  We all have to move to a Someplace with low taxes.

Yikes.  The glory years... 2018.
What a great exciting new signing! Who can see a 100 pt season? Raise your hand!
Anyone?
Buhler?

blue_gold_84

Pretty meh development. This has been the most frustrating off-season in a while, if not ever.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Move wreaks on old boys club lore down at true north. Jets mediocrity will continue. Chipman is more about keeping people happy than winning.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!