Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on June 28, 2022, 02:03:25 PM
I love PM, don't get me wrong - but the rumoured issues are that there was a tier of players (MS, BW) that were free from consequence. And that other players resented it.

He was the one playing those guys, so maybe he didn't think there was an issue, but if problems existed, he was part of the problem, not part of the affected group. If that makes sense.

Rumor? That is the key word. Until someone puts there name to it. Someone a player or coach will have to now dispute his interview and call him out.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on June 28, 2022, 02:39:07 PM
Rumor? That is the key word. Until someone puts there name to it. Someone a player or coach will have to now dispute his interview and call him out.

Kevin Hayes and Cody Eakin did that a while ago.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on June 28, 2022, 02:45:06 PM

Well then if Hayes and Eakin say that, then it's true?? I never read that. Can you post that interview or the article.

Jockitch

Quote from: Pigskin on June 26, 2022, 09:37:52 PM
If Montreal offers the 1st. overall pick in this years draft and Kaiden Guhle, would you trade PL80?? Apparently Montreal is one of a few team interested in PL80.
This would definitely make Chevy hesitate & ponder but this would leave Chevy short down the middle
Do like the #1 for PLD but a roster middle forward is needed
If Chevy plans to keep Scheif but move PLD to perhaps the Habs ....... then ask for Jake Evans & Christian Dvorak
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on June 28, 2022, 02:45:06 PM

That was already put to bed in either case, though. Also, there was never veracity to either and were just hearsay based on what another individual heard them say. And in the video where those comments were made and Hayes and Eakin were name-dropped, it was removed from YouTube.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

With picks 14 & 30, good chance the Jets could draft a Manitoba born player.

Jockitch

Got my copy of The Hockey News Draft Preview and Geekie has moved to #7 on their list.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

bluengold204

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 24, 2022, 07:50:34 PM
Bob Irving
@BobIrvingCJOB
19m
Barry Trotz has advised the Winnipeg Jets he is not going to accept their offer to become their head coach.

Not that surprising, someone told me he still gets his $4 million from the Islanders if he sits out the season.  If true to me that is a no brainer decision.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: bluengold204 on June 29, 2022, 02:55:12 PM
Not that surprising, someone told me he still gets his $4 million from the Islanders if he sits out the season.  If true to me that is a no brainer decision.

Correct. He had another year on his contract with the Islanders, so he gets paid this upcoming season regardless. Still a shame he took so long to make a decision, though.

As for the Jets, they will take this year's second round pick from St. Louis as part of the Andrew Copp trade return.

The Jets now own picks 14, 30, 55, 77, 99, 175, and 207 in next week's draft. (per Winnipeg Jets Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Hillier)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 29, 2022, 05:22:06 PM
Correct. He had another year on his contract with the Islanders, so he gets paid this upcoming season regardless. Still a shame he took so long to make a decision, though.

As for the Jets, they will take this year's second round pick from St. Louis as part of the Andrew Copp trade return.

The Jets now own picks 14, 30, 55, 77, 99, 175, and 207 in next week's draft. (per Winnipeg Jets Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Hillier)

Probably didn't matter much. I don't think we missed out on candidates.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

for no specific reason(s) other than previous behind NHL bench experience & having been, formerly, solid 2way players in the NHL 
....... wouldn't mind seeing Scott Arniel, Andrew Brunette or Kirk Muller

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

That doesn't mean he's suddenly soured on Winnipeg, it just means he's not ready to go to the altar for a long-term commitment without getting a better idea what direction the Jets are going - with regards to the coaching staff and personnel.

I remember when a certain forward made similar remarks a while back and was labeled as being selfish and undeserving of a letter. Oh, and that he should never wear the Jets crest ever again.

I guess at the end of the day, players just want some certainty when it comes to their careers. That's not exactly unfair of them, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 29, 2022, 10:20:32 PM
I remember when a certain forward made similar remarks a while back and was labeled as being selfish and undeserving of a letter. Oh, and that he should never wear the Jets crest ever again.

I guess at the end of the day, players just want some certainty when it comes to their careers. That's not exactly unfair of them, IMO.

Sorry, don't mean to intrude, I am sure your comment was directed at me, so I will respond to this.  Its apples and orangutangs. 

The player you are mentioning is in a leadership position and under a binding contract for a number of years, the other a pending free agent.

The situations are far from equal, and barely similar.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on June 30, 2022, 03:46:02 PM
Sorry, don't mean to intrude, I am sure your comment was directed at me, so I will respond to this.  Its apples and orangutangs. 

The player you are mentioning is in a leadership position and under a binding contract for a number of years, the other a pending free agent.

The situations are far from equal, and barely similar.

Not that dissimilar. You are advocating for a leadership position for Dubois. Dubois is a restricted free agent who absolutely will be under contract if we want him to be for 2 years. Dubois is just as much a part of the team as Scheifele at this moment in time.
#Ride?