Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on May 26, 2022, 08:13:38 PM
Apparently the Jets will match any offer that Barry gets. Money is not the issue. It will come down to where he wants to coach next season. Winnipeg, Vegas, Dallas, Philly.

If the rumours are accurate and he wants to step into a GM role in the near future, it'll be on TNSE and Cheveldayoff to facilitate that here. If money is no object, perhaps offering Trotz a HC/AGM role immediately could entice him to come to Winnipeg. Cheveldayoff's inching closer to 15 years as GM, so perhaps him stepping into a VP of hockey ops role once his contract is up (2025) would open up the GM role for Trotz (having now some experience with managerial expectations) who could then hire his replacement at HC.

Pure speculation on my part, just to be clear. That'd be my ideal scenario, anyway.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 26, 2022, 09:34:31 PM
If the rumours are accurate and he wants to step into a GM role in the near future, it'll be on TNSE and Cheveldayoff to facilitate that here. If money is no object, perhaps offering Trotz a HC/AGM role immediately could entice him to come to Winnipeg. Cheveldayoff's inching closer to 15 years as GM, so perhaps him stepping into a VP of hockey ops role once his contract is up (2025) would open up the GM role for Trotz (having now some experience with managerial expectations) who could then hire his replacement at HC.

Pure speculation on my part, just to be clear. That'd be my ideal scenario, anyway.

I think that's what Jeff Hamilton was speculating. He says we're the only team prepared to do that as well.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

With the coach having some GM capacity, we will get a quick sense of what it going on in the room...

Hoping Trotz gets the gig, it also leaves an exit strategy for Chevy.  Bonus.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Coaches hire associates... if Trotz like Arniel, and wants to train him up to take over when he moves to GM, then this is good. 

But if Trotz sees Arniel as competition, or Chevy's guy to replace Trotz at the first sign of trouble, then this is a horrible idea. 

We do not know which it is, or if it is something in between...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 31, 2022, 10:10:38 PM
Coaches hire associates... if Trotz like Arniel, and wants to train him up to take over when he moves to GM, then this is good. 

But if Trotz sees Arniel as competition, or Chevy's guy to replace Trotz at the first sign of trouble, then this is a horrible idea. 

Or nothing at all, and your just making things up.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 31, 2022, 10:49:54 PM
Or nothing at all, and your just making things up.

What?  What am I making up. please explain.

The media is full of Scott Arniel to the Jets reports.

We all want Trotz.

My statements illustrate what I see as two of the likely combinations of those two things.

And yes, these are my conjectures.  Anyone's "opinions" are "just making things up".

blue_gold_84

From what the media has reported, there is nothing to suggest Trotz sees Arniel as "competition" regarding the HC vacancy with the Jets and the latter joining the organization doesn't necessarily affect the former or his aspirations.

If the Jets are as serious about getting Trotz as they seem to be, hiring Arniel wouldn't make sense in that regard unless it's limited to an associate/assistant role.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on May 31, 2022, 11:00:25 PM

The media is full of Scott Arniel to the Jets reports.

We all want Trotz.

My statements illustrate what I see as two of the likely combinations of those two things.

And yes, these are my conjectures.  Anyone's "opinions" are "just making things up".

Trotz can and will bring anyone he wants with him, but that doesn't mean he will come in and fill in the whole staff.

Wade Flaherty will be our goalie coach next year, for example.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on June 01, 2022, 02:15:47 PM
Trotz can and will bring anyone he wants with him, but that doesn't mean he will come in and fill in the whole staff.

Wade Flaherty will be our goalie coach next year, for example.

I'm not so sure about Flaherty.. I've seen both references, to him being offered a new contract, and to him possibly being dismissed with the rest... the Jets site still has the entire old staff still listed.

I have also seen reference to Trotz bringing Mitch Korn wherever he lands...

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on May 31, 2022, 11:00:25 PM

Quote from: theaardvark on May 31, 2022, 10:10:38 PM

It's just that you came up with two scenarios based on the assumptions that Trotz has his eye on becoming GM and that Chevy is on his way out (after receiving an multi-year extension).

You've created this narrative based on your dislike of Chevy ever since the sexual abuse case but the reality is unfolding quite differently.

I bet if the Jets draft a 2 way centre you will say that this is a Trotz (bc he's the GM-in-waiting) plan to oust Scheifele and rebuild a team that has a clear identity.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

It's pretty dubious behaviour - not to mention poor form - to make claims without actually substantiating them.

The most recent report (tweeted by Seravalli on May 2) was that Flaherty would be the only coach retained: https://illegalcurve.com/seravalli-report-winnipeg-jets-are-planning-complete-overhaul-of-their-coaching-staff/

And of course the Jets website still has the coaching staff listed - none of them have been fired. That doesn't stop the organization from looking for replacements, though.

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 01, 2022, 05:01:44 PM
I bet if the Jets draft a 2 way centre you will say that this is a Trotz (bc he's the GM-in-waiting) plan to oust Scheifele and rebuild a team that has a clear identity.

LOL :D

**chef's kiss**
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 01, 2022, 05:01:44 PM
It's just that you came up with two scenarios based on the assumptions that Trotz has his eye on becoming GM and that Chevy is on his way out (after receiving an multi-year extension).

You've created this narrative based on your dislike of Chevy ever since the sexual abuse case but the reality is unfolding quite differently.

Has it not been widely reported that Trotz is looking to transition to a GM role, and that might be the sweetener that tilts his decision towards the Jets, with Chevy moving to a VP role?  I certainly didn't come up with that out of the blue.

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 01, 2022, 05:21:48 PM
It's pretty dubious behaviour - not to mention poor form - to make claims without actually substantiating them.

The most recent report (tweeted by Seravalli on May 2) was that Flaherty would be the only coach retained: https://illegalcurve.com/seravalli-report-winnipeg-jets-are-planning-complete-overhaul-of-their-coaching-staff/

And of course the Jets website still has the coaching staff listed - none of them have been fired. That doesn't stop the organization from looking for replacements, though.

LOL :D

**chef's kiss**

Unless Serivalli is working for the Jets, that's not really substantiation, just quoting someone else's speculation.  No different that I did (although I didn't quote the sources, but they are all readily available through Google)

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on June 01, 2022, 05:45:07 PM
Has it not been widely reported that Trotz is looking to transition to a GM role, and that might be the sweetener that tilts his decision towards the Jets, with Chevy moving to a VP role?  I certainly didn't come up with that out of the blue.

Unless Serivalli is working for the Jets, that's not really substantiation, just quoting someone else's speculation.  No different that I did (although I didn't quote the sources, but they are all readily available through Google)

In the first part, you quote speculation. Then in the second part, you refuse to acknowledge what you call speculation - just as an example as to why you're getting a hard time here.

But as to the first part, the specualation refers to Trotz wanting to transition into the personnel side of thins - that doesn't mean jump to the GM chair. There's a number of roles to be had.
My wife is amazing!