Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 12, 2022, 10:09:43 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  It is my opinion that this team has a better chance of moving forward with more than just a coaching change.  Speaking of which, when a coach is considering where to sign, to rumours of a toxic locker-room influence that decision?  Or does the opportunity to start from scratch with a brand new leadership group sound more attractive?

What a deflective copout response.

Your "opinions" are no special than any other fan's. And your being entitled to post them on a forum doesn't mean they can't be scrutinized or challenged by others, anyway. Moreover, what good is sharing opinions that are biased, subjective, and uninformed?

Quote from: theaardvark on May 13, 2022, 01:56:56 AM
You're right....

I'll let Rod Pederson comment...

The Rod Pedersen Show
@RodPedersenShow
"I don't see a Winnipeg Jets lineup next season with Mark Scheifele in it."

-TSN's Darren Dreger on Thursday's RP Show.

It's actually Darren Dreger who commented. And he merely expressed an opinion based on the possibilities surrounding a pretty complex situation. Maybe listen to Dreger's comments in their entirety instead of picking one remark to prop up your feeble arguments on why you think the Jets are better off without Scheifele and need to conduct a rebuild.

Didn't know you're a Pedersen fan now. LMAO :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Murat Ates has said that, speaking with multiple people - both within the locker room and close to the locker room - that no one sees any malice in Scheifele's comments and recognise the intent behind them - that's he's a veteran player and wants assurances that the team will stay competitive moving forward.

No one wants to waste their prime.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 13, 2022, 02:39:27 PM
Murat Ates has said that, speaking with multiple people - both within the locker room and close to the locker room - that no one sees any malice in Scheifele's comments and recognise the intent behind them - that's he's a veteran player and wants assurances that the team will stay competitive moving forward.

No one wants to waste their prime.

Ates is such a beauty. His articles consistently hit the mark and he does his homework with regard to covering the Jets.

His most recent article is no exception: https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftheathletic.com%2F3300230%2F2022%2F05%2F13%2Fwinnipeg-jets-roster-scheifele%2F
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

I hope someone is sending a bottle of Pepto to Chevy today, hoping the Jets get the Trotz...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

KC81 in the running for the lady Byng. Good Luck KC.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 18, 2022, 04:27:22 PM

Lady Byng AND he backchecks... amazing...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 18, 2022, 04:27:22 PM

He's the obvious winner, imo.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Slavin: 79 Games.  4G/38A   PIM 10,   +42

Spergeon: 65 Games. 10G/30A  PIM 10  +32

Connor: 79 Games.  47G/46A   PIM 4   -3

I would have to agree. KC81 has had a great year and should win these award.

Jockitch

Connor should definitely walk away in the voting and win the Bing
Certainly allotta love, from Jet fans, towards the idea of Barry T. taking the helm for the immediate future

Will Chevy move Scheifele for a more checking style Center who he would pencil in 60 points.
Jets can win a lot of games if PLD gets 75 points & next Center 60, Lowry 35 & 4th 20 points
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on May 19, 2022, 10:36:27 AM
Connor should definitely walk away in the voting and win the Bing
Certainly allotta love, from Jet fans, towards the idea of Barry T. taking the helm for the immediate future

Will Chevy move Scheifele for a more checking style Center who he would pencil in 60 points.
Jets can win a lot of games if PLD gets 75 points & next Center 60, Lowry 35 & 4th 20 points

Lots of if's. PL80 at 60 points,-6 this year, and AL17 had 21 points and a +1. Are there any 60 point centers that play better play +D at 6M. Connor had 93 points this year and still was a -3. Is it the players or the system??? New coach, new system.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jockitch on May 19, 2022, 10:36:27 AM

Who's a "more checking style" centre available who can take the 1C spot? There's also no data to suggest Dubois is ready for that spot, either.

Bold assumption, though. And even bolder of you to assume the Jets win a lot of games next season based on nothing more than point totals down the middle. Scoring hasn't been an issue for this team; it's been defending and preventing scoring against.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Barry T. in Philly today, and it sounds like he will be listening to other offers in the coming week/weeks. Doesn't sound like signing him will happen soon, if at all.