Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Would be an excellent coach for the Jets.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

So, from what these fans are saying, he will have the choice of postings. 

What does WPG need to do to make our landing spot more attractive? 

Does he like the type of line up we are icing, are there some parts he really likes, and other he can live without?

Does he like the prospects?

I guess those are the questions...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Looks like Dubois and Lowry will be joining Team Canada at the IIHF WC starting next week: https://www.tsn.ca/matt-barzal-thomas-chabot-2022-canada-men-s-worlds-roster-1.1797253

Nice opportunity for both to get a medal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Hangar Hockey@hangarhockey

"Worst dressing room they (Eakin and Hayes) have ever been in"

"Two players are above the team"

I wonder which two players...  must be Ehlers and Connor...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Winnipeg with the 14th pick in this years draft.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 11, 2022, 03:21:58 PM
Winnipeg with the 14th pick in this years draft.

So, it sounds like everyone is hoping Geekie falls that far... not sure that happens...

We usually do OK with mid first rounders...

KC81 went 17th... JM44 13th... 

blue_gold_84

Imagine sharing a tweet from Hangar Hockey and using it to fuel your dislike of two hockey players. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 12, 2022, 01:35:38 PM
Imagine sharing a tweet from Hangar Hockey and using it to fuel your dislike of two hockey players. :D

Well said
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 12, 2022, 01:35:38 PM

A tweet.  Did you watch the video?  That was what I was referencing...

Fuel my dislike?  Two guys that have been in the room suggest it is the worst room in hockey and that two specific players are making it that way. 

I get it, one player may have had an axe to grind, but still, is not like they were saying "There's a bit of a tiff in the room".  To say "worst room ever" takes a bit.

Now, current players can't say anything.

Departed coaches can't say anything (hard to get a job if you slag your former team).

Reporters have to be careful what they say, not wanting to compromise future access. 

So, you have to look to people that have nothing to lose by telling the truth..

Look at how players do after leaving here... Copp, Roslovic, even Laine... heard someone mention Kulikov the other day,  is it just bad coaching?  Isn't Maurice supposed to be a great coach?  Was the room so toxic that he had to quit?   

Just saying, there are a lot of questions that need answering, and a lot of fingers pointed in a certain direction.  *IF* you can get fair value for him/them, doesn't it make sense to make a change? 

My Jets 2.1 centres around PLD80, KC81, NE27, JM44, CH37...  Just saying if we give them a clean slate to start from, with a new coaching staff, the opportunity for success is increased.  The potential for repeated results is reduced if we take the mantle away from certain players and move it to the *new* core of the team.

JT8 was an untradeable fan fav, AL16, even PL29... but we got fair value for them and the team moved on.  We are not going to replace MS55's point production with the player that comes back, but I think the team as a whole may replace them, Moneyball style. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 12, 2022, 04:59:38 PM
A tweet.  Did you watch the video?  That was what I was referencing...

Fuel my dislike?  Two guys that have been in the room suggest it is the worst room in hockey and that two specific players are making it that way. 

I get it, one player may have had an axe to grind, but still, is not like they were saying "There's a bit of a tiff in the room".  To say "worst room ever" takes a bit.

Now, current players can't say anything.

Departed coaches can't say anything (hard to get a job if you slag your former team).

Reporters have to be careful what they say, not wanting to compromise future access. 

So, you have to look to people that have nothing to lose by telling the truth..

Look at how players do after leaving here... Copp, Roslovic, even Laine... heard someone mention Kulikov the other day,  is it just bad coaching?  Isn't Maurice supposed to be a great coach?  Was the room so toxic that he had to quit?  

Just saying, there are a lot of questions that need answering, and a lot of fingers pointed in a certain direction.  *IF* you can get fair value for him/them, doesn't it make sense to make a change? 

My Jets 2.1 centres around PLD80, KC81, NE27, JM44, CH37...  Just saying if we give them a clean slate to start from, with a new coaching staff, the opportunity for success is increased.  The potential for repeated results is reduced if we take the mantle away from certain players and move it to the *new* core of the team.

JT8 was an untradeable fan fav, AL16, even PL29... but we got fair value for them and the team moved on.  We are not going to replace MS55's point production with the player that comes back, but I think the team as a whole may replace them, Moneyball style. 

It's always fun to watch you double down based on nothing more than unfounded gossip and rumours on social media that feed your confirmation bias so you can present us with yet another performance of mental gymnastics in this thread.

The video* is garbage just the same as the tweet. James Patrick is connected in the hockey world but he's no insider as far as the NHL goes. He didn't do himself any favours going on that joke of a podcast and name-dropping, anyway. That's a pretty bad look, especially for a WHL coach who seems to have aspirations to return to the NHL.

Hayes hasn't been in the Jets locker room for three years and had no interest staying; he was purely a rental from the get-go. Eakin was here for a cup of coffee nearly two years ago, reportedly didn't even want to come here in the trade, and then reportedly was upset when the Jets didn't offer him a contract in the 2020 off-season. Neither falls under the category of unbiased or reliable, so what's the sense in taking a hyperbolic statement like "worst locker room ever" seriously when you consider the source?

Connor and Morrissey both signed long-term deals in the 2019 off-season (despite RFA status where either could've just opted for the bare minimum). DeMelo re-signed as a UFA in 2020 (four years). Lowry re-signed here as a UFA last year (five years). Stastny re-signed here last year (one year). Schmidt waived his clause to get traded here. Seems a bit incongruent for any and all of that to happen if the locker room is such a toxic place as the rumour mill claims.

How is Copp, Roslovic (?), Laine, or Kulikov (LOL) "doing" since leaving Winnipeg? 
- Copp is centering a line with Artemi Panarin, so his offensive production has increased along with his possession metrics. That doesn't prove anything with respect to keeping or trading him, though.
- Roslovic had a career season in GP, G, A, and P, but his possession metrics have remained consistent since he was traded. Are you suggesting the Jets should've kept him?
- Laine's production and possession metrics have remained consistent since he was traded. What are you suggesting here? Dubois is more rounded player, anyway.
- Kulikov... What a reach, man. Unless you're suggesting the Jets need another depth LHD, but that's a laughably bad take.

The last three lines aren't even worth a response.

* the video has since been taken down :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  It is my opinion that this team has a better chance of moving forward with more than just a coaching change.  Speaking of which, when a coach is considering where to sign, to rumours of a toxic locker-room influence that decision?  Or does the opportunity to start from scratch with a brand new leadership group sound more attractive?

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 12, 2022, 10:09:43 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  It is my opinion that this team has a better chance of moving forward with more than just a coaching change.  Speaking of which, when a coach is considering where to sign, to rumours of a toxic locker-room influence that decision?  Or does the opportunity to start from scratch with a brand new leadership group sound more attractive?

And you keep repeating the same thing over, and over again. I thought you said last week you where done, enough said???????

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 12, 2022, 10:27:44 PM
And you keep repeating the same thing over, and over again. I thought you said last week you where done, enough said???????

You're right....

I'll let Rod Pederson comment...

The Rod Pedersen Show
@RodPedersenShow
"I don't see a Winnipeg Jets lineup next season with Mark Scheifele in it."

-TSN's Darren Dreger on Thursday's RP Show.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on May 13, 2022, 01:56:56 AM
You're right....

The Rod Pedersen Show
@RodPedersenShow

Lol
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 13, 2022, 01:56:56 AM
You're right....

The Rod Pedersen Show
@RodPedersenShow

And that's fine if he isn't. The sun will come up the next day. People in Winnipeg will go on with there life. Fine something new to cry about.