Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

The mental gymnastics in this thread lately are just embarrassing to see.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Looks like Lowry, Kompon, and Huddy are gone. Only Flaherty will remain on the coaching staff.

Now to find some proper coaches.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 02, 2022, 04:34:47 PM
The mental gymnastics in this thread lately are just embarrassing to see.

Things change, dynamics change, players get injured, get slighted, and get healthy...

The last handful of games saw BW26 really take flight, especially with PS25 and NE27.   They have really meshed, and I would love to see that dynamic into next year by signing PS25 for another year.  Gives CP91 a year to mature, either filling in for injury, or taking the wing with KC81 and PLD80.

I was done with MS55 after identitygate, but this me-me-me statement really got my goat.  Of course, every player has to do what is best for themselves, that is a given.  But throwing the whole organization under the bus, well...

Coaching staff will be tough, I hope Chevy doesn't miss out on an opportunity here.  I have no idea who is out there, or who would fit, or who is going to be available after the playoffs (Does Toronto make a change after getting swept in 4?), but that should be a focus of the team right now.  Lowry, Kompon and Huddy have been m'eh at best, definitely not getting the most out of our players.  No doubt a clean slate and a new coaching style from the ground up will be welcomed by the players.  Flaherty has been solid in working with the goalers, and I don't think any new coach will have an issue bringing him into their group. 

The cap and team dynamic will be OK going forward with BW26, I've changed my mind on that.  But MS55 has played his last game as a Jet as far as I can tell, I just hope he hasn't killed Chevy's ability to get something good in return for him... like he did for Laine... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 02, 2022, 05:12:35 PM
Things change, dynamics change, players get injured, get slighted, and get healthy...

The last handful of games saw BW26 really take flight, especially with PS25 and NE27.   They have really meshed, and I would love to see that dynamic into next year by signing PS25 for another year.  Gives CP91 a year to mature, either filling in for injury, or taking the wing with KC81 and PLD80.

I was done with MS55 after identitygate, but this me-me-me statement really got my goat.  Of course, every player has to do what is best for themselves, that is a given.  But throwing the whole organization under the bus, well...

Coaching staff will be tough, I hope Chevy doesn't miss out on an opportunity here.  I have no idea who is out there, or who would fit, or who is going to be available after the playoffs (Does Toronto make a change after getting swept in 4?), but that should be a focus of the team right now.  Lowry, Kompon and Huddy have been m'eh at best, definitely not getting the most out of our players.  No doubt a clean slate and a new coaching style from the ground up will be welcomed by the players.  Flaherty has been solid in working with the goalers, and I don't think any new coach will have an issue bringing him into their group. 

The cap and team dynamic will be OK going forward with BW26, I've changed my mind on that.  But MS55 has played his last game as a Jet as far as I can tell, I just hope he hasn't killed Chevy's ability to get something good in return for him... like he did for Laine... 

Aaaaaaaand what a shocker. More mental gymnastics.

Scheifele answered questions from the media. He answered them candidly and honestly. He never threw anyone under the bus. He never made it all about him. He even mentioned how he needs to improve his game. He wants to know the direction of where this team is headed vis a vis his own aspirations and future in the league. Leave it loathsome, crusty, ignorant fans to crap all over him for that, twist his words, and spew obvious fabrications about him and his character. The narrative never changes.

Weird how other players have spoken in similar tones recently and were conversely admired for their candour. That's just bias at play and it's a pretty bad look for any fanbase to pick and choose in such subjective, sometimes homerish, ways.

Despite his successful offensive production, consistent with previous seasons, Scheifele has become this season's fall guy in Jetsville. Last year, it was Hellebuyck. The year before that, Wheeler. It's the same garbage regardless of how the team performs.

It's easy to fixate on an individual and point fingers at him, especially behind a screen. It does nothing for an argument in terms of how to improve an entire team, though.

And don't lie. You were done with Scheifele long before any of those "indentity" comments he made. Best part: he wasn't wrong. At all.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 02, 2022, 05:32:57 PM
Aaaaaaaand what a shocker. More mental gymnastics.

Scheifele answered questions from the media. He answered them candidly and honestly. He never threw anyone under the bus. He never made it all about him. He even mentioned how he needs to improve his game. He wants to know the direction of where this team is headed vis a vis his own aspirations and future in the league. Leave it loathsome, crusty, ignorant fans to crap all over him for that, twist his words, and spew obvious fabrications about him and his character. The narrative never changes.

Weird how other players have spoken in similar tones recently and were conversely admired for their candour. That's just bias at play and it's a pretty bad look for any fanbase to pick and choose in such subjective, sometimes homerish, ways.

Despite his successful offensive production, consistent with previous seasons, Scheifele has become this season's fall guy in Jetsville. Last year, it was Hellebuyck. The year before that, Wheeler. It's the same garbage regardless of how the team performs.

It's easy to fixate on an individual and point fingers at him, especially behind a screen. It does nothing for an argument in terms of how to improve an entire team, though.

And don't lie. You were done with Scheifele long before any of those "indentity" comments he made. Best part: he wasn't wrong. At all.

I think you're going too far in the opposite direction.

There have been multiple players publically calling out teammates for playing for themselves and not as part of a system. Something is wrong and there are certain players who have been noticed by their peers.

I would arge that MS comments were all about him. Went out of his way to say he was happy with his game (responding to unspoken criticism). I was not a fan of how he spoke - thought I recognize that he simply wants to be a part of a contending team at this point of his career and probably just doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild - if that's where our team was headed.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 02, 2022, 05:38:24 PM
I think you're going too far in the opposite direction.

There have been multiple players publically calling out teammates for playing for themselves and not as part of a system. Something is wrong and there are certain players who have been noticed by their peers.

I would arge that MS comments were all about him. Went out of his way to say he was happy with his game (responding to unspoken criticism). I was not a fan of how he spoke - thought I recognize that he simply wants to be a part of a contending team at this point of his career and probably just doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild - if that's where our team was headed.

How so?

On the one hand, players have made accusations but fans and the media are left to fill in the gaps. Considering how Scheifele has been a target of both for a while now, the comments can be open to interpretation at either end of the spectrum here.

Considering the questions posed, I'm not sure what else he could've said to make his answers more palatable to those who appear to dislike him and want to single him out as some problem child on the team who should be traded immediately.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 02, 2022, 04:40:06 PM
Looks like Lowry, Kompon, and Huddy are gone. Only Flaherty will remain on the coaching staff.

Now to find some proper coaches.

Defensively this team just wasn't good enough. We needed to make this change.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

MS55 is "happy" with his game, but says he is improving... but his stats do not show that... nor his current attitude. 

Wants to see where the team is heading... so people say he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild... but with the parts in place, from CH37 to KC81, the top end of the team is there, so "rebuild" is not a consideration.  When your top D, and your top 2 lines, and top goaler are all set for the next year, how is there even discussion of "rebuild". 

His real concern about "heading" is the relationship between his status and that of PLD80.  THAT is a "direction" issue that concerns MS55.  PLD80 is the first C on this team to threaten MS55's top dog position.  Until we have a new coaching staff in place, we won't know where MS55 fits into the hierarchy.  But that might be too late to get full value dealing him... especially if he gets disgruntled and demands a trade, cutting Chevy's legs out in dealing him.

Move him now, get a top RH D or a top RW plus DP/prospects and we're on to the next phase.  I was worried about BW26, but he has won me back.  He either is over COVID or just found his spot with PS25 and NE27... regardless, he's back.  Removing MS55 might be better for him as well...     
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on May 02, 2022, 07:43:33 PM
MS55 is "happy" with his game, but says he is improving... but his stats do not show that... nor his current attitude. 

Wants to see where the team is heading... so people say he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild... but with the parts in place, from CH37 to KC81, the top end of the team is there, so "rebuild" is not a consideration.  When your top D, and your top 2 lines, and top goaler are all set for the next year, how is there even discussion of "rebuild". 

His real concern about "heading" is the relationship between his status and that of PLD80.  THAT is a "direction" issue that concerns MS55.  PLD80 is the first C on this team to threaten MS55's top dog position.  Until we have a new coaching staff in place, we won't know where MS55 fits into the hierarchy.
  But that might be too late to get full value dealing him... especially if he gets disgruntled and demands a trade, cutting Chevy's legs out in dealing him.

Move him now, get a top RH D or a top RW plus DP/prospects and we're on to the next phase.  I was worried about BW26, but he has won me back.  He either is over COVID or just found his spot with PS25 and NE27... regardless, he's back.  Removing MS55 might be better for him as well...     

Just want to clarify for the public that this is pure speculation
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

MS55 is "happy" with his game, but says he is improving... but his stats do not show that...     

Being happy with one's game (being more than a PPG forward) while acknowledging there's room for improvement are not mutually exclusive statements. The only stat in favour of your lame argument is +/- while you willfully ignore other players (Dubois, Connor, Morrissey) whose +/- stats don't flatter their defensive game, either. But we all know +/- is a junk stat by which to evaluate players and the only real takeaway is that there's a team issue when the majority of its top players are in the minus.

The rest of your commentary is just conjecture based on your dislike of him, both as a player and a person.

Dubois hasn't threatened anything, either. The stats bear out that reality and fly in the face of your exhausting narrative where you prattle on with the same points that go absolutely nowhere and sully this thread.

I was worried about BW26, but he has won me back.    

LOL

You're not fooling anyone with this disingenuous remark.

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 02, 2022, 07:50:47 PM
Just want to clarify for the public that this is pure speculation

Yup.

Mental gymnastics to justify a biased narrative and nothing more.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 02, 2022, 11:21:08 PM
Serinvalli ?Jets coaching staff all out?

Except Flaherty, which makes sense, the goalers haven't been an issue, and any new coach should be able to co-exist with any goaler coach...

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 03, 2022, 04:12:18 PM
Except Flaherty, which makes sense, the goalers haven't been an issue, and any new coach should be able to co-exist with any goaler coach...

I thought our goalie's for most of the season played very well.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 02, 2022, 04:11:28 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Dubois will get the same or more money as MS55 in a bridge, and BW26 money in a max term deal, either way, MS55 will be slighted.  That will make MS55 the defacto "1b"C... and defiantly not the shiny new toy he once was...

KC81 - 7.1M, MS55 - 6.1M, NE27 - 6M.  I am thinking PL80 is going to get 6.5/7M per. Sure it will be more then MS55 and NE27. Both of these contacts have worked out very well for the Jets. So no I don't think either of these players will fell slighted.  However if the Jets happened to pay PL80 more then KC81, do you think that would PO KC81.

theaardvark

Does Boudreau get consideration should he shake free?

Quote from: Pigskin on May 03, 2022, 09:51:08 PM
KC81 - 7.1M, MS55 - 6.1M, NE27 - 6M.  I am thinking PL80 is going to get 6.5/7M per. Sure it will be more then MS55 and NE27. Both of these contacts have worked out very well for the Jets. So no I don't think either of these players will fell slighted.  However if the Jets happened to pay PL80 more then KC81, do you think that would PO KC81.

PLD might bridge at 6.75, but long term its over 8... closer to 9... and of all people, KC81 will be the least concerned about that.  But "what's best for me" MS55... well... nuff said.

There are more media reports coming out saying that PL29 wasn't the issue... that it was BW26 and MS55.... guess I'm not alone.