Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

CH37 might not have been the *reason* we lost, but he surely wasn't the same goaler that was between the pipes the previous game.  OTT is a weak team, 30th in the league in scoring.  EC1 should have been tapped for the start on that basis alone.  And had he been in net, I'm not sure the same defensive lapses happen, as the team seems to play differently in front of him. 

Columbus has some sharp shooters, and it would have been a better challenge for CH37, and let ECC1 face the 'yotes...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Well EC1 had another good game. 26/80/81 looked good tonight, had a great opening shift of the game.

Really like the line of 13/17/22, this line played well all night. Sanford is a guy with a long reach that can control the puck.

Really like the way 21 is playing. Very solid on PK, and really drives our 4th line.

64 making another bad decision tonight, growing pains with young players.

If the ref calls the penalty on the Ottawa player, probably 44 doesn't retaliate, and the empty net goal counts. At the very least should have been to penalties one on both players. 

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Nice victory and kudos to Comrie indeed
Stanley had a bad give away in first, 2 in the 2nd and bad act in 3rd. Barely played over 13 minutes
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on March 26, 2022, 07:33:51 PM
Nice victory and kudos to Comrie indeed
Stanley had a bad give away in first, 2 in the 2nd and bad act in 3rd. Barely played over 13 minutes

I think that's why NB28 was playing ahead of him before NB28 got injured and then was traded. 64 he is young, and needs to learn.

blue_gold_84

Stanley still has some work to do in terms of his development. I think better coaching would help his cause.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

WOWEE ?? nail biter for quite some time ?? then 55 gets a clean breakaway & a victory  goal

My oh my how the goalies were both so great to watch

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Solid goalie duel last night. Scheifele's GWG was a beauty.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I like the way the 81/80/26 has started the last two games. Pressures from the opening face-off.

Give 13/17/22 another game or two and this is going to be very good third line for us.

Coach L. Our 1st. PP has moved the puck very well, but not scoring. How about putting the 2nd. unit out there to start the PP.

theaardvark

So, 6 games against non playoff teams, 9 against playoff teams... we need to go 10-4-1 to make the playoffs...

If they do, wanna bet its something like 3-3 vs. non playoff teams, and 6-1-1 against playoff teams? 

This team is going to drive me crazy...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on March 28, 2022, 06:02:31 PM
So, 6 games against non playoff teams, 9 against playoff teams... we need to go 10-4-1 to make the playoffs...

If they do, wanna bet its something like 3-3 vs. non playoff teams, and 6-1-1 against playoff teams? 

As disappointing as they've been, thanks to numerous other teams having the same consistency problems, we are still talking playoffs which means it's interesting even though we ought to be out by now. I'd love it if that could be the case for these last 5 weeks even though I seriously doubt we can squeak in, I just want a reason to watch.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on March 28, 2022, 06:02:31 PM

Going to...? You mean they haven't already? ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

BAD news ......... Connor & Schmidt were placed in Covid protocol

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: Jockitch on March 30, 2022, 04:50:00 PM
BAD news ......... Connor & Schmidt were placed in Covid protocol

Jets are basically a very good AHL team now...