Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

We wouldn't let Lowry's temporary illness affect a trade.

They have a price (whatever it is) that they are willing to trade away 19 games of Copp for.

Is Appleton a FA?
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Love getting Apps back. Hard working, RW, that can kill penalties, and can play physical.

NB28 for a 7th round pick, about the best we could have done with NB28.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Jets moved Little?s contract to Arizona as well as a previous draft pick Smith, who apparently wouldn?t sign with the Jets ??. Chevy got a 4th round back
Appleton will become a n RFA
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Little will never play again, which really to bad. However it's nice to this issue come to end for the Jets.

Pigskin

Copp to the Rangers with 12 minutes left?????????

Pigskin

Trade deadline over. Rangers picked up Motte, still no word on Copp.

Copp has been traded to the Rangers. Sounds like picks and a prospect.

Pigskin

I like Zach Sanford size. A big RW 6'4"  206 , 27 years old.

Jockitch

Big size in Sanford  indeed and certainly a good banger on the boards
Additions help overall balance
Hopefully Lafrienierre comes back from Rangers ???.. yeah big fantasy

Turned out the Jets got both Ranger 2nd rd pick with condiments plus an okay prospect plus a 5th rd pick while giving up Copp and a 6th rd pick ??.. not bad Chevy, not bad

Now hopefully Lowry only needs to miss the Vegas game

Note: Nogier went to the Kings for a dman prospect

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on March 21, 2022, 06:23:55 PM
I like Zach Sanford size. A big RW 6'4"  206 , 27 years old.

Nice add, IMO. Appleton back here was also a pleasant surprise.

The return for Copp seems pretty good at first glance. Barron seems like a decent depth piece but he's got very little NHL experience; the draft picks are good.

More or less what was to be expected with the Jets on the outside looking in. With Lowry out and the Jets' inability to be consistent, I fully expect no playoffs.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 21, 2022, 10:31:29 PM
Nice add, IMO. Appleton back here was also a pleasant surprise.

The return for Copp seems pretty good at first glance. Barron seems like a decent depth piece but he's got very little NHL experience; the draft picks are good.

More or less what was to be expected with the Jets on the outside looking in. With Lowry out and the Jets' inability to be consistent, I fully expect no playoffs.

Yes, we did get bigger and a little more physical. Sanford 6'4" 206, Barron is 6'4" 220, App's is 6'2" 200. Also App's and Sanford both shoot RW. 

theaardvark

Sad to see Copp go, will be interesting to see if anyone slides into the Copp/Lowery dynamic as shutdown / PK wizards. 

Bigger, more edge, always a good thing. 

I wonder what offers we were made for PS25.  I'm guessing no one stepped up for him, and Chevy kept him as an "own rental" rather than getting a small return (3rd or 4th round pick(s)).  Guessing he was an option to move if there was other action that created a cap crunch, but I guess that never became an issue.

Sad that Bryan Little finishes his career as not a Jet on a purely bookkeeping move, not sure how picking up millions of dollars of off cap salary is worth a guy that has never played a second of pro hockey, but hey, AZ must like him.  At 23, he will step right in if they can sign him.  Nice of Little to waive his NT clause... wonder if there are different tax laws in AZ that make it beneficial for him to get paid from there...  Win/win.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on March 22, 2022, 02:26:54 PM
Sad to see Copp go, will be interesting to see if anyone slides into the Copp/Lowery dynamic as shutdown / PK wizards. 

Bigger, more edge, always a good thing. 

I wonder what offers we were made for PS25.  I'm guessing no one stepped up for him, and Chevy kept him as an "own rental" rather than getting a small return (3rd or 4th round pick(s)).  Guessing he was an option to move if there was other action that created a cap crunch, but I guess that never became an issue.

Sad that Bryan Little finishes his career as not a Jet on a purely bookkeeping move, not sure how picking up millions of dollars of off cap salary is worth a guy that has never played a second of pro hockey, but hey, AZ must like him.  At 23, he will step right in if they can sign him.  Nice of Little to waive his NT clause... wonder if there are different tax laws in AZ that make it beneficial for him to get paid from there...  Win/win.

Chevy said he wasn't even considering trading Stastny.

It leads me to think he wants Stas to stick around as a versatile vet to lead in the younger guys and finish his career off with us. I'm not opposed.

Love the Copp deal. Big return. I thought we might only get a second rounder but we got what could turn into a first, a second, a fifth, and a player. Awesome. I really didn't think UFA Copp would sign with us in the summer anyway.
#Ride?

Jesse

I was hoping we'd get a return for Stas, but accept that his resence is more benefial than whatever possible return we might get. We also don't have the bodies to replace him, so it's entirely possible he's back next season as well.

Copp return was good! I never saw him as more than a third liner and his return might become more than that, despite the fact we couldn't keep him anyway.

Moving the Little contract was a nice move too that gives us a tiny bit of flexibility.

Not a bad deadline - considering wherewe are.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Well Helli was amazing tonight. Really like what I saw out of Sanford. Big guy that is good at controlling the puck.

4 shots in the first period, really have to be better. Also to many guys trying to make the perfect pass or play. Shot the puck.

Jockitch

Turnovers should have downed the Jets numerous, numerous times but HellB was wonderful

HUSTLE & MUSCLE